Mandatory Indy DVD thread.

Started by rodekill, Wed 22/10/2003 07:42:20

Previous topic - Next topic

rodekill

Just pulled a marathon. Watched all three movies plus the bonus stuff.

Yep, still the best movies ever made.
SHAWNO NEWS FLASH: Rodekill.com, not updated because I suck at animation. Long story.
peepee

Darth Mandarb

Couldn't agree more!  I can't wait to get the DVD collection.

Dr. Jones rules!!

My favorite scene is the scene ...

"I found him!", said the random seaman.
"Where?", asks the Captain.
Throwing his hand out, finger pointing towards the German u-boat, the random seaman shouts, "There!"

Then we see Indy climbing on top of the sub and running to the con-tower to enter the sub.  The music (by the legendary John Williams) providing the backdrop just perfects it all.

Great film making.

cheers,
darthMANDARB

Layabout

I am Jean-Pierre.

remixor

In celebration, I have utterly butchered Indy's theme song: http://www.2dadventure.com/ags/remixor2.mid

Seriously though, these movies really ARE among the best ever made.  I've been waiting for this DVD set for so long!
Writer, Idle Thumbs!! - "We're probably all about video games!"
News Editor, Adventure Gamers

MrColossal

* MrColossal continues to yell at rode for not buying 28 Days Later

3 EXTRA ENDINGS!!!

ZOMBIES!!!

ZOMBIES!!!

ZOMBIES!!!*

eric

* you don't know how long i thought about adding that 3rd zombies...

p.s. meanwhile they're going to ruin the indy series with the new movie HOORAY!
"This must be a good time to live in, since Eric bothers to stay here at all"-CJ also: ACHTUNG FRANZ!

Chrille

Yeah I'm gonna get this sucker when I get my next student loan thingamajig.

So what's the bonus material like? Any good?
GASPOP software
http://www.gaspop.com

Scummbuddy

There is no way I'm buying this trilogy, cause I'm waiting for the fourth film and then there will be some sort of Huge Conglomorate of movie box containing all 4 films and then bonus materials!1! Joooy!

These movies are so great... I hope Mods will rewatch them and get inspired all over again.

Quote from George Lucas 2 days ago...

Reporter:  Will Harrison Fords surgery be a burden on the set of Indiana Jones?
George Lucas:  Are you kidding? All he does is sit in his rocking chair...

- Oh great, I'm stuck in colonial times, tentacles are taking over the world, and now the toilets backing up.
- No, I mean it's really STUCK. Like adventure-game stuck.
-Hoagie from DOTT

m0ds

I really want the DVD set, yep - but I don't want the UK version cause apparatnley some bits have been cut out due to censorship.

m0ds

Chrille

Do you have any more info on this markypoo?
GASPOP software

Trapezoid

AAAIIIII MUST HAVE IT.
I love the Indy. Wannit wannit wannit now....

Barcik

I have seen Raiders of the Lost Ark recently, and fount it to be extemely outdated. Perhaps once it could have been the best, but now it can't rival the competition.

* Barcik takes shelter.
Currently Working On: Monkey Island 1.5

Chrille

I supposed you like the Matrix better? :P

*Punches Barcik*  ;)
GASPOP software

Barcik

Well, the first one, yeah. Not the second though, too much bullshit.

But the Matrix too will one day be outdated, leaving many fans in denial stage.

Miez

Quote from: Chrille on Wed 22/10/2003 16:13:20
Do you have any more info on this markypoo?

I'll assume the alter ego of Markypoo for this (trust me, it's only temporarily) - two small articles about the BBFC mutilation can be found on:

http://www.theindyexperience.com/september_2003.shtml

m0ds

Probably best miez, seen as it was you I heard it from :P

Barcik, I think you're wrong - but thats my opinion. Yes, the effects of Raiders are "out-dated" in comparison to those in todays films, but Raiders has some of the best cinematography I've ever seen, and I don't think the storyline will ever be matched.

It looks like the DVD set has gone down a real treat all round :)

m0ds

LGM

You just don't see films made today like the good ol' Indy Flicks.

My brother bought the set two days ago, and I've enjoyed watching Raiders all nice and remastered frame-by-frame.. Unfortunately I haven't the time to do the marathonn thingy :( (Damn School)

But I shall watch them all ASAP!

And as for the 4th.. If they take their time and not rush everything into 3D! 3D! 3D! solutions (*cough*GeorgeLucas*cough*) or make some bogus climax, like, Aliens come down and abduct Indy (*cough*spielberg*cough*) Then it should come out good and contine the wonderful saga with the same cinematic genius as the first three..

woot
You. Me. Denny's.

Evil

Yep, I love these movies also. If it wasnt for Indy everyone would think Harrison Ford is an asshole because of the whole Han Solo thing. Every time I watch Star Wars I think, "God... Harrison Ford is an asshole... Man... If it wasnt for Indy he'd be a huge asshole... wow..."

Yep....

rodekill

I always wanted to be Han Solo when we played Star Wars...

Anyways, what are your first Indy memories?

I remember the first time I saw Raiders. Or at least the first fifteen minutes...
I was like, 3 or 4 at the time and my dad showed me the intro scene. I ran for my life screaming when I saw Satipo's impaled corpse.

Adios, Shawno.

After that I remember Temple of Doom coming out and the talk of the school yard was monkey brains and snake surprise.
SHAWNO NEWS FLASH: Rodekill.com, not updated because I suck at animation. Long story.
peepee

Barcik

Quote from: m0ds on Wed 22/10/2003 19:49:06
Barcik, I think you're wrong - but thats my opinion. Yes, the effects of Raiders are "out-dated" in comparison to those in todays films, but Raiders has some of the best cinematography I've ever seen, and I don't think the storyline will ever be matched.

I don't mean the effects. I mean that coming it out today it would have been just another cheesy movie. The storyline was very basic, nothing a Tomb Raider can't match, and the jokes have been re-used a thousand times since. Perhaps once it was original, but a movie loses much of its charm after it gets ripped-off over and over again. True classics are films that will never be out-dated - such as the Godfather. Yes, it's an old flick, but nothing has matched it yet.

Kweepa

"...a movie loses much of its charm after it gets ripped off over and over again."
Why?
"True classics are films that will never be outdated - such as the Godfather."
So the Godfather hasn't been ripped off over and over again?

Your arguments don't hold water. If you don't like the film just say so. But you can't "prove" Raiders isn't a classic film. It's all subjective. I happen to think it IS a classic.
Still waiting for Purity of the Surf II

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk