what i got for christmas

Started by poop743, Sat 25/12/2004 15:57:43

Previous topic - Next topic

DragonRose

My sister got the most loved present of 2004.  I ordered a book online for her from Chapters (enormous Canadian bookstore) but even though I paid for fast shipping, it didn't arrive in time for Christmas. So I took a bunch of pictures of myself making faces and made a sort of comic strip where I explained that "The Magical Wish Fairy" was a big slowby and that she should continue with "any joy she had scheduled."

What makes it DOUBLY funny is that's what my Mom got for her birthday as well. Groan.
Sssshhhh!!! No sex please, we're British!!- Pumaman

Bluke4x4

Here's what I remember
WHAT I GOT:
Monty Python and the Holy Grail Special Edition DVD(from my mom)
Bubba Hotep DVD(from my older brother)
Star Wars Trilogy DVD Set(from everyone)
A Ping Pong Table with Paddles(a stocking stuffer, no name attached)
A Zombie Bunnies T-shirt(from my brother's fiance)
A Zombie Bunnies Sticker (was in a beautifully decorated box. I spent about 15 minutes trying and failing to open the darn thing, and when I finally did, this was all that was in there.Brother's fiance again.)
An Invader ZIM T-shirt(Brother's fiance lives in Norman, the closest Hot Topic store around here is there.)
2 pairs of leather gloves(Dad)
Basketball pants(Dad)
2001: A Space Odyssey the book by Arthur C. Clarke(Mom)
Breakout by Mark Rempley (I'm not sure on the author's name. Mom)
Case Closed! Vol. 2 by Gosho Aoyama (Holy Crap. I remember his name but not a simple name like "Mark Rempley"? Yeesh. From Sister)
Portable Radio (Brother)
WHAT I GAVE:
Tenacious D Album (To Brother)
Billy Madison/ Happy Gilmore Pack (To Dad)
WHAT ELSE WAS GIVEN:
My sister got:
A Lance Armstrong book
A Foosball table
A Fender Squire(sp?)
The "Newsies" DVD(Best Musical Ever.)
My brother got:
Tenacious D blablabla
Army books
Jacket
My mom got:
X-Men 1 and 2
Sugarland album
Rascal Flatts album
Dad got:
Therapeutic pillow
Denim Jacket
Billy Madisonblablabla DVD Set
Brother's Fiance got:
I'm not sure. Wasn't playing a lot of attention, so that's probably why it sounds like I got too much more than them.

viktor

well all I got was moastly money. But what realy choked me up was when my little sister gifted me with some normal wooden pencils (about 20), an eraser and a pencil sharpener. That realy got to me since she remembered that I draw a lot and can newer find a pencil when I need it.
signature" border="0
<a target='_blank' href='https://imgbb.com/'>resurrection pictures for facebook</a>

Blackthorne

Quote from: Evil on Sun 26/12/2004 05:50:04
Oh, its so useful! It's all digital and weighs about a pound. Everyone should have one! :D

Hehe.  I only use all vintage analog effects.  I have a custom made pedal board that links them all to one power source.  I have a vintage Big Muff Pi distortion, a Tubescreamer, a Thomas Organ Company Vintage CryBaby Wah, a DOD Digital Delay, a BOSS Digital Delay, and a DOD Compressor/Sustainer.  I love pedals.  Digital stuff sounds too clean.  I like my effects vintage and dirty.  Like my women.  Or something.  That's gross.

Bt
-----------------------------------
"Enjoy Every Sandwich" - Warren Zevon

http://www.infamous-quests.com

Mr Jake

best presents were probably Lemony Snicket's Series of Unfortunate Events number 11 (and my mum has to buy me number 10 now because she thought I had it :P) and my printer scanner combo, I also got a soldering kit which Im now looking foward to using. Some small presents and £45 towards my Guitar fund (after paying back £40 I owed my mum). Lots of family time and a new hobby (guitar - mum's friend brung hers down on christmas eve so I could have a go and see if I liked it - I did hense the guitar fund was born).

the best thing about christmas as you get older is getting less presents and not having to rush around to all your relatives houses in the morning, the worse thing is you dont often have anything to sit on the living room floor playing with all day :P

Czar

Quote from: theyak on Sun 26/12/2004 10:01:14
Well, I'm working 72 hours this week (including 24th through 26th) and didn't want to bother decorating or anything. Ã, Having agreed not to do much around the house for Christmas with my roommate, imagine my surprise when I came home to a decorated living room. Ã, 

It had gone from bare with average furniture and entertainment center to a madly sparkling phenomenon. Ã, The stockings were hung, the couch was draped in red and white, there was a miniature Christmas tree on the coffee table. Ã, Oh, and did I mention the crime-scene? Ã, There was a Santa-shaped "chalk" outline on the carpet, "blood" everywhere and enough debris and broken ornamentation to demonstrate that the poor fellow had obviously tried to squeeze past the couch after coming down the chimney. A splat of "blood" on the TV and some broken ornaments (oh, and crime-scene evidence number markers) and I had a very merry and cheering Christmas (for the 10 minutes before I went to sleep anyway). Ã, 

Idea done by my roommate with the help of his friends and much of the macabre detail arranged by my demented little sister. Ã, My favorite Christmas gift, ever. Ã, Total price? Hell.... Ã, maybe $15? Ã,  Total work? I can't imagine.

I'm voting this for the best Christmas present ever. What a feeling must have that been. :)
The best presents are the ones where you see someone has put some thought in, and if it is a surprise, the better.

C.
Roses are #FF0000
Violets are #0000FF
All my base
are belong to you

Layabout

what the fuck is a flybar???

mummys boy!!!
I am Jean-Pierre.

Moox

Its a pogo stick lol.

Hey poop, tough luck, yachts are $150 a square foot, have fun in your raft.

Paper Carnival

Quote from: LostTraveler on Mon 27/12/2004 04:42:08
Its a pogo stick lol.

That wasn't poop who said that. It was someone else impersonating poop. The creator of the thread was poop743, but the guy who posted the yacht thingy was poop734

Gregjazz

Quote from: Guybrush Peepwood on Mon 27/12/2004 06:45:34
Quote from: LostTraveler on Mon 27/12/2004 04:42:08
Its a pogo stick lol.

That wasn't poop who said that. It was someone else impersonating poop. The creator of the thread was poop743, but the guy who posted the yacht thingy was poop734

Thank you for the helpful narrative, Guybrush. Just being sarcastic, of course. I noticed the subtle difference between poop743 and poop734 immediately after you said "Can anyone else spot the conspiracy against poop? If not, look closer..."

I'm interested in your reason for concern. Do you feel Poop's reputation is in danger because of this obvious impersonation?

Paper Carnival

Not really, since his reputation is already negative. I just wanted everyone to think I'm smarter than anyone else for spotting the impostor pointed it out

HillBilly

Oh my god. Someone will ruin the swell reputation of poop743 and put his name in a bad light!

We must stop this someone before it's too late!

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

Since the perpetrator would be poop himself, I couldn't agree more. :P
Reach for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Kneel. Now.

Never throw chicken at a Leprechaun.

Paper Carnival

Can I keep the pogo stick?

Cluey

Well, poops post screamed "Spoiled brat who feels the need to brag in excess about how much he got"
There are girls like that in my school, "oh I'm so sad, I only got £500 pounds this Christmas, my parents are well shady"

I got-
Drunk
Some small things like sweets and such
Half Life 2
£25 off my aunt
A pretty good afternoon in watching the Vicar Of Dibley on BBC with my family.

My family get gifts for each member as a whole, like 1 gift from everyone, it saves on the hell of Christmas shopping.  But we got:
My Dad - That bloody Dire Straights CD/DVD boxset (I WANT MY MTV!!)
My Mum - Well she kinda just went on a spending spree of clothes and CD's.
My Brother - I Robot and a headset for the PC.

It came to about five hundred pounds all together.
But it doesn't matter how much, you'll learn that it's the fact that people care about you enough to buy you something at all.
Aramore
My webcomic.

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

Heh. Dire Straits, ma man, not straights. Although I never though of inquiring about THAT too closely.
Reach for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Kneel. Now.

Never throw chicken at a Leprechaun.

Darth Mandarb

I think I have you all beat for the award of 'Best Christmas Gift' this year:

I got a lot of stuff ... stuff I wanted/needed and some I didn't even know I wanted.

I went over board on gift GIVING this year ...Ã,  spent WAY too much money.Ã,  I like giving soooo much more than receiving.Ã,  (though don't get me wrong, I do enjoy receiving gifts!)

Probably the best gift I gave was the DVD I made for my brother and his fiancè.Ã,  I took pictures from all the trips we've taken together (and 1 we didn't take with them) like, The cruise, the bahams, disney world, etc.Ã,  And I made slide shows set to meaningful music and put it all together under one menu where you could select each vacation to view the music video.Ã,  I even made a custom DVD Cover for the project.Ã,  It was awesome how much they loved it.

poop743

I visited my other relatives yesterday and I have other gifts to report. Altogether from them i got 400 dollars cash and a 50 dollar best buy gift card, and a 50 dollar napster gift card
My new grand total:

2430 dollars plus the gym membership of all the years to come!
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Haddas

wow... so much money on a little dipshit kid

Iwan

I think it's getting pretty obvious that he isn't really serious. I bet he's laughing behind his monitor. No one can be that stupid and not realise that people don't give a dam that he's buying a poket bike. Don't bother getting angry with him and call him a fu**ing pill head, you'd just be adding fuel to the fire! (that's the saying isn't it?).

Anyway, awesome prezzie Darth!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk