Knight's Quest IV - Here Today, Gone to Yesterday

Started by Frequentor, Sun 24/04/2005 17:26:15

Previous topic - Next topic

Frequentor

The first game from Vacation Studios, Knight's Quest IV is the story of fearless Knight Sir Frank Ebeaut-Behab and his perilous journey through the land of Althador, its past and its future.

The story is an epic tale of time travel, hidden secrets, ancient bloodlines and a forbidden truth which will send Frank on his greatest journey yet.

Travel backwards and forwards searching for the missing King Althos and his beautiful daughter. You've got to find the truth...before the truth finds you...

This is my first game so please give some feedback. And before you ask, there is no such Knight's Quest 1-3. I decided to jump straight in with number 4 to see what reaction I got. Enjoy!

Download Now!

UPDATE: Game now updated, removing King's Crown bug and clearing up the seed puzzle.
See above post for message.

magintz

When I was a little kid we had a sand box. It was a quicksand box. I was an only child... eventually.

Rosie

Quote from: Zack On Vacation on Sun 24/04/2005 17:26:15
The first game from Vacation Studios, Knight's Quest IV is the story of fearless Knight Sir Frank Ebeaut-Behab and his perilous journey through the land of Althador, its past and its future.

The story is an epic tale of time travel, hidden secrets, ancient bloodlines and a forbidden truth which will send Frank on his greatest journey yet.

Travel backwards and forwards searching for the missing King Althos and his beautiful daughter. You've got to find the truth...before the truth finds you...

This is my first game so please give some feedback. And before you ask, there is no such Knight's Quest 1-3. I decided to jump straight in with number 4 to see what reaction I got. Enjoy!

Download Now! Your game and Young Gabriel King are connected when they are both downloaded.  When you go back into either of the games, It only give you one option to reload and not the two options of either game.  I just emailed Young Gabriel King author to let him know.

Gilbert

Quote from: Rosie on Mon 25/04/2005 03:57:18
Your game and Young Gabriel King are connected when they are both downloaded.Ã,  When you go back into either of the games, It only give you one option to reload and not the two options of either game.Ã,  I just emailed Young Gabriel King author to let him know.

Don't understand what did you mean by that, did you unzip both games into the same folder? You shouldn't do that.
Also, please don't quote the whole post with pictures, it's quite annoying.

Rosie

Sorry, I didn't realize I was doing that.......

Iv4n

I know why the "IV " stands for. Because most of the people will think "Oh wow look! It's King's Quest IV remake! No remakes are maded of this game so far, so let's download it!" ;). But then, they will realize that it's not King's but Knight's. Clever.

deadsuperhero

Heh. I beat it. I sure hope you finish it.
The ripped and altered graphics were something else.
I also really liked that puzzle with the gardener. Sheer genious!
I hope you do make the other ones. (that is, 1-3)
The fediverse needs great indie game developers! Find me there!

miryoku_81

Since the hints and tips forum isn't up yet I'll just post here.  Some help would be much appreciated.  Thanks!

Spoiler
What am I supposed to do with the seeds?  I assume I'm supposed to plant them so they vines will grow and I can climb into the castle, but I'm not really sure how to accomplish this as I can't seem to use the seeds anywhere
[close]

Joyce

Miryoku
I had a few notes written down and it says
Spoiler
plant seeds in front of castle in door 3
[close]
hope that helps

miryoku_81

Quote from: Joyce on Tue 03/05/2005 19:56:52
Miryoku
Spoiler
[close]
hope that helps

Thanks Joyce.  I checked back to the initial post and noticed that it had been updated with a newer version of the game.  I think I had the older version with a bug where I couldn't plant the seeds.  Playing through again with the newer version I was finally able to finish the game.

cosmicr

Quote from: Iv4n on Tue 26/04/2005 20:48:52
I know why the "IV " stands for. Because most of the people will think "Oh wow look! It's King's Quest IV remake! No remakes are maded of this game so far, so let's download it!" ;). But then, they will realize that it's not King's but Knight's. Clever.
heh, you might be right!  I made that exact mistake.

desimaui

Quote from: Joyce on Tue 03/05/2005 19:56:52
Miryoku
Spoiler
[close]
hope that helps

Can't plant the seeds in front of the castle behilnd door #3 in the version I have. How do I get the right version (newer)?
All You Need is Love!

LuciferSam86

God is Real, unless declared Integer

Leon

Ultimate Game Solutions - Because there is a solution for everything

sthomannch

Can't download the game, the link doesn't exist...

Leon

Ultimate Game Solutions - Because there is a solution for everything

Ian Aloser

SuperDre

Quote from: SuperDre on Sun 27/01/2008 17:16:07
Quote from: I am a loser on Sat 26/01/2008 11:44:46
seeds?
Where are they?

Oeps.. those kind of seeds.. hehe.. I thought you meant downloadseeds.. LOL..

see one post up..

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk