Spooks

Started by TassieDevil, Tue 14/02/2006 20:45:46

Previous topic - Next topic

Superabound

Yes, i cant remember if it was the Fallen Angel or the Demon at the gate though, but ive already given both of them the items they wanted. I really hope i havent accidentally triggered some impassible bug  :-\

Superabound

Sorry, you were right, it was a pixel-hunting problem. It was basically an issue of me having to click across the bookcase pixel by pixel until she went and got he book.

It probably should have been made so that she goes and gets it no matter where you click the bookcase, but hey, so far its the only flaw ive encountered in the game, and the game is awesome.

The Ivy

Spoiler
Well, the book she needs is actually slightly red in colour, but it might be hard to see on some monitors.Ã,  Whoops, that's my bad. :P
[close]

Superabound

Oh. It looked the same color of gray as most of the other books, but i dont know if thats because of my monitor or because im slightly color blind, since its hard for me to notice slight differences in shades of colors if its over a small surface area.

Anyway, it was a fantastic game, and after reading the credits i was surprised to find that you drew that whole game in MS Paint. Thats pretty impressive.

The Ivy

Quote from: Superabound on Wed 22/02/2006 15:03:06
Oh. It looked the same color of gray as most of the other books, but i dont know if thats because of my monitor or because I'm slightly color blind, since its hard for me to notice slight differences in shades of colors if its over a small surface area.

Hmm, okay, sorry again about that.Ã,  Luckily, I don't think any of my future games will rely on that kind of colour scheme.

QuoteAnyway, it was a fantastic game, and after reading the credits i was surprised to find that you drew that whole game in MS Paint. Thats pretty impressive.

Hey thanks, Superabound!Ã,  I had a fun time creating this game, but I think I'm ready to move on to other software like Photoshop. :P

Nostradamus

I'm stuck at a very frustrating place:
Spoiler
How do I knock off\reverse the crown? [\hide]
[close]

The Ivy

Hey Nostradamus,

Hint#1
Spoiler
Try thinking of something that would let you reach up that high.
[close]

Hint#2
Spoiler
The demon mentions that he could sense a tunnel in the fountain "like it was written in blinking lights."
[close]

Hint#3
Spoiler
Actually, let me know if you're still having trouble after hint #2 :P
[close]

Hope you enjoy the rest of the game!

Alun

Eh, The Ivy posted while I was typing, but since I've already typed this, I'll go ahead and post my reply anyway, since it includes a few details hers doesn't:

I assume you've already...

Spoiler
Had your fortune told, encountered the police at the fountain, and gotten them to leave?
[close]

Otherwise, you're not ready to tip the crown yet.

If you have done all that, and you are ready:

Spoiler
You can't reach the crown by yourself...anything you could reach it with?
[close]

Spoiler
Do you have any inventory items you haven't used yet?
[close]

Spoiler
If not, maybe you didn't pick it up...look around outside the Inhabited House.
[close]

Spoiler
Use the string of lights from outside the Inhabited House on the crown.
[close]

Soup - The Comic Strip
http://www.soupcomic.com
Gods, heroes, monsters, and soup

Nostradamus

thank you both, that helped a lot

ecr

I'm stuck at the start. I have Spooks, purse, string of lights and candle.Can see note on Scary-Go -Round, but can't get it. have seen door in fountain, but won'r investigate.Put egg in nest. can't light candle, can't get  book. Have spoken to gatekeeper,seer, guy at darts stand, lamp near nest, 2 people in house, fallen angel, guy selling rides. Could someone please give me  a hint?

Rosie

Go to the beginning of this post and see what other players have asked.  Your questions are probably there.

Alun

Well, most of the things you're mentioning...investigating the door in the fountain, lighting the candle, getting the book...no, those you can't do yet; there are other things you have to take care of first.  But here's one thing that might help set you in the right direction:

Spoiler
You say you can't get the note on the Scary-Go-Round...why would you need to get it?  Just look at it...each line refers to a number.  Now, what do you see right after you look at the note?  Think about what the numbers might mean...
[close]

If you're still stuck, I'm pretty sure more specific answers about what to do there are available earlier in the thread, like Rosie said, but maybe this will be enough to nudge you in the right direction...

Soup - The Comic Strip

ecr

I did check the other postings on this topic. When I click the "see" icon on the note (Ive done it many times), I get only the comment "what the?was that a teacup?" I don't get any numbers.

Alun

Wait...wait...I'd assumed if you were talking about the note you'd already
Spoiler
unplugged the Scary-Go-Round
[close]
...you didn't do that?

Soup - The Comic Strip

ecr

Thanks a lot. This time I managed to unplug it. I'd clicked on the electric cable before, but nothing happened.  Now back tto great game.

seaduck

Wonderful game, Ivy!Ã,  :D Gorgeous graphics, and a really touching story. I enjoyed it very much!

karelimur

Quote from: The Ivy on Sun 19/02/2006 21:34:57
Quote from: Wisefool on Sun 19/02/2006 21:21:57
I'm stuck underwater...
Spoiler
I have a plank wedged under the rock and a jug, I think I need to knock loose the spike or get under the bowl but I have no idea how, not even a clue!
[close]

Spoiler
Try having a closer look at that jug.
[close]
Spoiler
I have the jug filled with air....still not quite sure what to do with it?  The plank is in place, and I see spooks swimming in and out of the holes in the cave.
[close]
Thanks!

Scorpio_Phoenix

Omg i loved this game!!! the puzzles and graphics were sooo cool. great work. Make another game!!!!!! lol

paolo

karelimur:

Quote from: karelimur
Spoiler
I have the jug filled with air....still not quite sure what to do with it?  The plank is in place, and I see spooks swimming in and out of the holes in the cave.
[close]
Thanks!
[/spoiler]

Hint #1
Spoiler

What is there in the cavern that you can't move at the moment because it is too heavy?
[close]

Hint #2
Spoiler

Answer... the bowl. How could you use what you have to make it lighter?
[close]

Hint #3
Spoiler

You can't actually make it lighter, but how could you balance out some of the pressure of the water pushing down on it so that it is easier to lift?
[close]

Solution
Spoiler

Use the jug of air on the bowl. Some of the air will go under the bowl and push up on it from inside so that you can lift it.
[close]

karelimur

Thanks so much, Paolo! :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk