Trilby's Notes - help thread

Started by Sam., Mon 26/06/2006 11:04:51

Previous topic - Next topic

Ferret

Quote from: jane on Mon 26/06/2006 17:27:21
c'mon guys I'm still waiting for help on my earlier post ................

Am stuck, am in blood stained hotel, have unlocked toilet and read journal but can't fathom out what to do next? Read above that there should be a pill somewhere but can't find it, is this later in the game. Can't find out how to open safe either. 
Spoiler
Look at the envelope on the sink in the toilet.
[close]

Quote from: jet on Mon 26/06/2006 16:57:52
Quote from: Ferret on Mon 26/06/2006 16:51:56
Spoiler
Goddamn it, I'm mega stuck. I have the cola and have done the "kick evil guy" bit. Siobhan has disappeared, Professor is still waiting for service and I have no idea what to do next. Heeeelp!
[close]
Spoiler

go back to room 2a and open her bag.
[close]

Spoiler
Yay that worked, okay but I'm stuck to the max again! T_T I've just replaced the porcelain doll head, and it's now missing a leg, but I don't know what to do now. Damn this text parser makes it hard work.
[close]
:F!

Khris

Spoiler
You've got to find all four limbs, they are all in the normal world, afaik.
Did you look outside the hotel?
I believe one was in Trilby's room (3C), one in the reception office, one outside. Forgot where the fourth one is, I think in the bar.
[close]

BovineBeast

Quote from: KhrisMUC on Mon 26/06/2006 17:54:07
Spoiler
You've got to find all four limbs, they are all in the normal world, afaik.
Did you look outside the hotel?
I believe one was in Trilby's room (3C), one in the reception office, one outside. Forgot where the fourth one is, I think in the bar.
[close]

Spoiler
No, it's on the shelf in the room behind reception.
[close]

treq

I'm stuck after the painting event, where you play as Matthew. Abed said there was a gallery in a room next to the dining room, but the doors are locked. Can someone tell me what I have to do next.

Another question. Is there an easier way to find out what commands to use. Cos someeimes its difficult to tell what something is and what to call it. E.G. I was stuck in the bathroom cos I didnt know what that orange thing was till someone said that it was an envelope. So is there an easier way to figure this out or do you have to guess. And one more question. Whats that red and yellow thing on the desk at the reception room.

jetxl

Quote from: treq on Mon 26/06/2006 18:06:30
I'm stuck after the painting event, where you play as Matthew. Abed said there was a gallery in a room next to the dining room, but the doors are locked. Can someone tell me what I have to do next.
Spoiler

"get the matches" on the counter. go to the hotel rooms and "use a match on the smoke alarm". "open the fire escape door." "pick up the crowbar" and "climb" ladder. go to the dining hall and "use crowbar on nails" near the boarded door while in the shadow realm. ''take a pill" and then enter the door.
[close]

Quote from: treq on Mon 26/06/2006 18:06:30
Another question. Is there an easier way to find out what commands to use. Cos someeimes its difficult to tell what something is and what to call it. E.G. I was stuck in the bathroom cos I didnt know what that orange thing was till someone said that it was an envelope. So is there an easier way to figure this out or do you have to guess. And one more question. Whats that red and yellow thing on the desk at the reception room.

use "look" and "look at table"

Khris

room behind reception = reception office, isn't it? ;)

Still stuck at the end:
Spoiler
Tried to "die" whenever the question mark appeared.
Last possibility was when the Tall Man stepped on the tree trunk, but Trilby only said the standard response, something like "Not yet, but soon."
[close]
Please tell me what to type, and when. Thanks in advance.

treq

Spoiler
Thanks for the reply. I'm stuck again. This time I'm on the boat with Mbuata and I have to find a chisel and wood. I know where they are but I cant get the chisel. The sailor guy who has it cant talk to me cos I dont understand his language. How do I get the chisel out of his hand. Thanks
[close]

Ferret

Spoiler
"point to chisel"
[close]

<- Also stuck on last sequence.
Spoiler
"die" doesn't work here either.
[close]

AJA

Quote from: Ferret on Mon 26/06/2006 18:52:28
Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
Worked fine for me. After Trilby said something about his vision going blurry or something, not before that.
[close]

Ferret

Quote from: AJA on Mon 26/06/2006 19:21:08
Quote from: Ferret on Mon 26/06/2006 18:52:28
Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
Worked fine for me. After Trilby said something about his vision going blurry or something, not before that.
[close]
Spoiler
He doesn't say anything of the sort at all. When Tall Bloke is summoned, he walks to the stump and then it goes black. Every time between the cutscene starting and that happening I've tried to "die" and it hasn't worked. Trilby doesn't say a thing to himself, he just sits there bleeding.
[close]

AJA

Well, then it must be something I did that made him say it :P ...I'll try it again.

-edit-
Spoiler
Okay, try this: "move", after that you should get those messages. If not keep trying to move.
[close]

bovinebeast

Quote from: AJA on Mon 26/06/2006 19:27:20
Well, then it must be something I did that made him say it :P ...I'll try it again.

Perhaps you have to keep the guy talking?  That's all I did.

mätzyboy

About the end scene...
Spoiler
First of all I tried dying, and he said it wasn't time yet. I kept trying to do all sorts of things. I drank lots of cola because I thought the caffeine mentioned in the response would give me power to get up. I tried kicking the idol, grabbing my coat, drinking wine (which gave the wierd response that I should specify if I wanted to drink from the wine bottle or the cola bottle.) Talking to Siobahn. Then I tried dying again, and it worked! I don't know what out of all this actually made a difference... I did notice that the messages displayed indicated him becoming less and less strong...
[close]

And then I want to ask...:
Spoiler
Did anyone manage to drink the wine? And did anybody actually find any use for the cola? Has anyone found any easter eggs/hidden puzzles/in game jokes?
[close]

Ferret

Quote from: mätzyboy on Mon 26/06/2006 19:42:14
Spoiler
Did anyone manage to drink the wine? And did anybody actually find any use for the cola? Has anyone found any easter eggs/hidden puzzles/in game jokes?
[close]

Spoiler
The cola sends you to the dark world, like the pills send you to the real world.
[close]

mätzyboy

Quote from: Ferret on Mon 26/06/2006 19:44:20
Quote from: mätzyboy on Mon 26/06/2006 19:42:14
Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
The cola sends you to the dark world, like the pills send you to the real world.
[close]

Ah! That makes sense, didn't notice though! I just...
Spoiler
...kept walking in and out of rooms when I wanted to go to the dark world. I figured the pills out though... Was pretty apparent with the note that came with it I guess... ;)
[close]

DeviantGent

Spoiler
I 'died' after I got the message about 'the only thing keeping me going was my will to live'. I did lots of talking and moving beforehand though.
[close]
The Deviant Gent
His Tumblr - His Twitter

Khris

I was able to die now, didn't get all the messages before, though.
Great game.

T_ed89

I'm stuck when you shall serve a drink to the professor, I read that I should search in that bag in 2a, but I can't open it (a bug maybe?). Somebody got a tip?

treq

Sorry I have to ask for help again, but I'm stuck. I wish Yatzhee used point and click instead of a text perser. its quite annoying.

Anyway I'm stuck in the celler where those isects are. I used the lump of meat on the insects. But what do I do with the hand. I cant pick it up or anything.

AJA

Quote from: treq on Mon 26/06/2006 20:57:50
Sorry I have to ask for help again, but I'm stuck. I wish Yatzhee used point and click instead of a text perser. its quite annoying.

Anyway I'm stuck in the celler where those isects are. I used the lump of meat on the insects. But what do I do with the hand. I cant pick it up or anything.

Spoiler
Drink water
[close]

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk