Sydney Finds Employment

Started by iSTVAN, Fri 29/12/2006 01:57:52

Previous topic - Next topic

iSTVAN

Sydney Finds Employment

Sydney Claywood wakes in his alley one day to discover a new policy set in place by a joint venture between the political parties, churches and big businesses to rid the streets of homelessness and unemployment. There solution is a ‘final solution,' of sorts.

Sydney decides that the only way to save himself and his friends is to go directly to the heart of the plan, the CBD, and argue his case. However, in the back of Syd's mind is the constant idea that ‘Maybe I could, you know, just find a REAL job.

There is some suggestive and slightly rude content here. I'd only really recommend it for mature audiences.

Credits
--------
Ivan Dixon (aka iSTVAN): Story, graphics, coding
Steve Larabie (aka pixelblink): Music

Testing by Justine, Carl, buloght, bernie, pixel blink and ensellitis.

Download here (10.9 megs)

BEWARE this is my first ever game with adventure game studio.

Original work in progress thread.

Visit my blog here.

Please report any bugs to me directly at:
istvanna@hotmail.com

Secret Fawful

Yeehaw! First post! Downloading now!  ;D Can't wait. Download faster!  :P

EDIT: Now that I've acted like a *heehaw!* I'll play the game and post comments in this post later on tommorow.

deadsuperhero

I've been looking forward to this game for a while!
Congrats on your game, iSTVAN!
The fediverse needs great indie game developers! Find me there!

Serth

Hi, I've been playing for a while. I really like the game, the graphs are really well drawn and the palette is really nice and homogenous across screens. The character is really charming too.

One thing, tough,

Spoiler

After the very begining I started with a very large inventory, with many items that I am also receiving again later, like the BH walkie-talkie. Is that a bug, is that happening to any other? 

Edit later: Yes, it's a bug. I started a new game and now the inventory is reduced to a couple of items. It seem that I'll have to play it again.
[close]

iSTVAN

Thank you to those who've already downloaded the game!

Serth: Cheers! That bug you mention is bizarre. I don't know why that would be happening, but I'm glad you were able to restart the game and fix it. I hope it didn't ruin any of the game's surprises for you. If anyone else experiences similar problems, please let me know. If anyone else has had NO problems, I'd also like to know!

gypsysnail

Excited clap! downloadin now!! ;)
Believe in afterlife! It's true in a metamorphical way ;)
Ken & Roberta - my inspiration!! 20 years.
U are what you love doing and passionate about - keep up what you love most.

Steel Drummer

Downloaded it yesterday and played for a few minutes. It's great! The animations are smooth, the backgrounds are nice and the sprites are LucasArts quality! Look to see more good games from you in the future. This one is definitely worthy of an AGS Award.
I'm composing the music for this game:

Petra

Thank's iSTVAN for this late Christmas gift ;D
Have played your game for about half an hour now and I really love it!

Very good job you have done here!!!

Fisher

FUN game! I've been playing for a bit and I'm really enjoying it.

Thanks, iSTVAN !

vict0r

Awesooome!!! :D I've been waiting for this game! :)
Congratulations with finishing! :)

iSTVAN

Thanks everyone! I appreciate your appreciation.

ManicMatt

Lovely graphics, neat animation, amusing dialogue and challenging puzzles! Although sometimes the puzzles were made harder for the wrong reasons. I'll PM you about it.

You had me up untill 3am trying to finish the game! (Which I did)

Buckethead

ohw noo! found an other bug:

if you interact with the petshop, sydney goes inside but is stuck in the wall or something.

lovely game thought, well done!!  :)

Nostradamus

Nice game. interesting look and plot. Dialogue is interesting too.
One bug that really pisses me off is that out of habit I use TAB to access inventory and in this game pressing TAB makes the game crash and exit. Now can that please be fixed?

juzzy

well done, the soundtrack is the icing on a very large, very smooth chocolate cake, or something.

Barbarian

Congratz on an excellent game! I've only been playing it for a little while so far, but I think the graphics & characters suit the game well and are well drawn. The catchy music-scores for the various locations also help to set the mood nicely. A few parts of the game so far gave me a good chuckle. Some of the responses to trying some things and/or puzzles seem a little odd, but overall it's still fun to play and explore.  Good stuff and thanks for sharing.
Conan: "To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women!"
Mongol General: "That is good."

Blade of Rage: www.BladeOfRage.com

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

It's a cute game, but there is one very specific reason I stopped playing it:
Spoiler

I happened to eat the curry thinking it would advance the plot very early on and spent a half hour trying to move around at extremely slow speeds (and solving puzzles very slowly) because I thought it would wear off.  Not a really good design choice imo, particularly because you're given no indication that it won't wear off and because you move too slow to really get around.
[close]

Aside from that I think you've done a fine job, and for some reason the wigmaster looks kind of like a Super Punch-Out character!

Bernie

ProgZmax:
Spoiler
You can get normal walking speed back by solving a relatively simple puzzle involving a sharp item. This will give you a, er... 'special' inventory item you'll need later on.
[close]

I believe that Mr. Ivan D. should make many more adventure games in the future!

CosmoQueen

YES!!! Finally!!! *downloads*
KPop and AGS....................that is my life.

buloght

Thanks for letting me test, ivan, awesome game, great work on the music too pixelblink! I hope you consider making more with your talent.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk