Nelly Cootalot

Started by marlamoe, Tue 06/03/2007 23:51:27

Previous topic - Next topic

peter

Quote from: piperhcombs on Fri 09/03/2007 02:28:59
Help:
Spoiler
How do you decode the pirate's oath? I've read about the alphabet box and a phrase book. Where do I get them? Is that how you trigger the decoding sequence?
[close]

Yes you need the phrase book

Spoiler
use the shovel on the lone grave at the Widebeard Tower
[close]

piperhcombs

It won't let me.
Spoiler
she says she needs a reason to be a graverobber.
[close]
:cheers: + :claps:

Temperance&Booth  Sydney&Vaughn  Nadia&Weiss

lspace

I need help in finding the tattoo.  I've seen the free ones at the store but none are as described by Capt Rehab. 

piperhcombs

Once he challenges you to find it, you should be able to see them close  up.
Spoiler
Think about it. What is the most obvious pirate symbol?
What is usually on a pirate's flag?
Still don't know? Ask the other guy in the barnacle- he gives arather convoluted description but afterwards you can bring your  pick of the tattoos to him to ask if it's the right one. You'll have to confirm the right tattoo with him in order to show it to Captain Rehab.
[close]

By the way, does anyone know the answer to my question?

Kaos101

I'm working on a guide right now, so don't worry. What was your question?

piperhcombs

my question was (also posted above):
Spoiler
How do you get the phrase book to decode the pirate's oath? someone here told me I''m supposed to dig up the lone grave but nelly won't let me. She says she has to have a reason to become a graverobber.
[close]

peter

Quote from: piperhcombs on Fri 09/03/2007 04:28:10
my question was (also posted above):
Spoiler
How do you get the phrase book to decode the pirate's oath? someone here told me I''m supposed to dig up the lone grave but nelly won't let me. She says she has to have a reason to become a graverobber.
[close]

Did you see the graffiti on the wall outside the bar. talk in the bar

piperhcombs

I already did all of that. I've talked to everyone on the island again and interacted with everything. What am I missing?

Nevermind. I figured it out.

Kaos101

You have to talk to somone, but not nessecarily a human.

piperhcombs

I know. I just said I figured it out.

Kaos101

I've created a guide. To get it, you have to go to http://www.esnips.com/web/AGSstuff/ and download it.

This is my first attempt at writing a guide, so let me know if it helps at all.

piperhcombs

iSTVAN:

Quote from: peter on Fri 09/03/2007 02:18:52
Quote from: iSTVAN on Thu 08/03/2007 23:13:25
Ali, I downloaded the patch and did what you said but...
Spoiler
Nelly still says that the moustache is a great disguise but she should only use it if she needs it.
[close]

Here's
my save file.

I could quite easily play through the whole game and get back to where I was, but it might be worth your time to fix it if this is a genuine bug. Thanks!

You have 2 underwear in the inventory, maybe are this why you not can use the moustache?

I think the 2 underwear in inventory is the problem. The first time I got two coupon because I spoke through the pipe twice and accidentally used both coupons and would up with two pairs of underwear. Nelly would not let me use the moustache.

I went back to an older savegame and only got one coupon and subsequently one pair of underwear. This time I could use the moustache without a problem.

Ali

Quote from: iSTVAN on Thu 08/03/2007 23:13:25
Ali, I downloaded the patch and did what you said but...
Spoiler
Nelly still says that the moustache is a great disguise but she should only use it if she needs it.
[close]

Here's
my save file.

I could quite easily play through the whole game and get back to where I was, but it might be worth your time to fix it if this is a genuine bug. Thanks!

Piperhcombs is right. The patch will fix the problem, unless you've already got two Saucy Sues. Sorry you had to play through again!

piperhcombs

Yay! I beat the game.

Rosie

Help

Spoiler
I have talked all I can to the baron over and over again even asking the same questions. and the subject never comes up about pirates or anything else.  I read in the clues that I have to get him busy.  I need the ink, but I dont know how to get it.  What am I doing or not doing?
[close]

piperhcombs

you need to
Spoiler
wait until he's busy

watch him-notice when he's trying to read.
[close]

Kaos101

Rosie, are you talking about being in prison, or do you mean at the beginning.

Rosie

No, thanks, that was the beginning and Piper helped me there.  Now I am trying to get that mustache on.........think I need the fix

piperhcombs

mustache:
Spoiler
Are you trying to put it on at the tower or to give the baroness the underwear?

Either way, to put on the mustache, you have to click on it, bring up the verb coin and interact with it (hook). YOu'll have to read the letter and talk to the ladies before you can use the  mustache at the tower. With the baroness, check to make sure you only got one voucher and therefore one pair or underwear in your inventory.
[close]

Rosie

Trying to get mustache on
Spoiler
trying to put it on at the tower... to get the voucher.  Talked thru the pipe and she says to come down and let me see you Angelo....Verb Coin?  Are those the coins I got from the leprechauns?  I spent one to get the mustache and the other one to play that duck game, which I never won anything from, so now I am wondering how I am going to be able to play it again....Anyway...can't get the mustache on at the tower......
[close]

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk