Nelly Cootalot

Started by marlamoe, Tue 06/03/2007 23:51:27

Previous topic - Next topic

sthomannch

Rosie
Spoiler

I had the same problem. Verb coin: The three cursors that appear when you click for long enough over a hotspot or inventory item. Click on the moustache in the inventory and have the mouse button long enough active until you see the "talk"/"use"/"look" cursor. Use these cursors to examine items or to use them.
[close]

splat44

Quote from: Kaos101 on Fri 09/03/2007 07:00:43
I've created a guide. To get it, you have to go to http://www.esnips.com/web/AGSstuff/ and download it.

This is my first attempt at writing a guide, so let me know if it helps at all.

Yes, it certainly did help.

Thank you.

Cheers

Rosie

Thank you so much.... Mustache now on  However I need help again

Spoiler
at the end and although I read the cheat sheet on how to move the magnet, I still cant seem to understand it and it is not working for me....Anyone have a simple way to tell me how to do it??
Thank you
[close]

piperhcombs

magnet:
Spoiler
I don't know what the combination is since I randomly hit the buttons until I saw the pattern and used trial and error.

You only have to concentrate on the horseshoe shaped magnet. Experiment and watch how each rectangular button makes the magnet move (how many spaces left or right and how many spaces up or down). See if you can figure out the correct combination. The circular buttons activate the things you're moving. Just press the magnet button when you have the magnet position directly over Widebeard (this means as low as possible over him).
[close]
:cheers: + :claps:

Temperance&Booth  Sydney&Vaughn  Nadia&Weiss

Kaos101

I believe that is what I said in the guide but perhaps I made it complicated by trying to explain everything. The combination I used was made on the spot. I simply copied down the steps I took because I knew the same that worked for me would work for someone else. But I never figured out how to reset it, which would have helped if someone had already screwed up.

Rosie

Thanks to you both, Piper and Kaos...... I did finally figure it out randomly and finished the game.  What a fun game that was,,,,,,We certainly need more of them...

Kaos101

You're right about that, Rosie. I'm waiting for the next game to be shown on here which will blow me away(like a ben jordan game, for one)

Eva

I hate the hook-a-duck game, I can only get 5 at the most....is there a special order to pick them? There's a lot a time wasted when swapping the hooks, quite a few ducks go past while there's still text in the way that prevents me from doing anything.

Rosie

no special order.....just trial and error...... try to get the hook on as fast as you can and then aim high on the ducks to get their hook......

Kaos101

lol that's not it at all. It took me a while to figure it out as well. The game ends as soon as it does because you click as fast as you can, but the game ends after you click eight times( i.e. use the hook eight times).  So its only possible to get eight out of eight.  You only have to miss one to get the seven. The ducks will keep coming until you left-click eight times. It does require some concentration since the targets are moving, but the games not rushed.

Eva

Quote from: Kaos101 on Mon 12/03/2007 18:26:09
lol that's not it at all. It took me a while to figure it out as well. The game ends as soon as it does because you click as fast as you can, but the game ends after you click eight times( i.e. use the hook eight times).Ã,  So its only possible to get eight out of eight.Ã,  You only have to miss one to get the seven. The ducks will keep coming until you left-click eight times. It does require some concentration since the targets are moving, but the games not rushed.

Thanks Kaos101, this is exactly what I needed to know, I thought the time was limited to a certain amount of second and was clicking like mad - that naturally made me miss many ducks and got the low score. Now I can go back to the game and get the scarf....hurrah!

DizzyDancer

Okay, seriously... I can't figure it out! :( Can someone please help me with...
Spoiler
the code?   ???
[close]
There's no emoticon for what I'm feeling!

Terrapin

Spoiler
spell out the clue
[close]

ok I'm now stuck at:
Spoiler
the women's institute, I have the moustache, but I have to come down from the plane, but how?
[close]

Kaos101

Terrapin
Spoiler
You should never have gotten into the ship. You need to make it seem(or sound) like you've gotten in, but actually have not. After the ship flies off, Nelly will walk herself back up to the women
[close]

Dizzy
Spoiler
If you mean the pirates code, you can reference my guide for the correct pattern. But you just need to switch the letters two at a time until the code reads completely literate( so to speak). I hope that helps
[close]

Terrapin

Quote from: Kaos101 on Tue 13/03/2007 19:56:05
Terrapin
Spoiler
You should never have gotten into the ship. You need to make it seem(or sound) like you've gotten in, but actually have not. After the ship flies off, Nelly will walk herself back up to the women
[close]

Noo! I mean:
Spoiler
She thinks that I am in the ship but am still talking into the pipe, with only being able to say the same thing each time. What do I do next?
[close]

Rosie

Spoiler
You have to put a disguise on..... What does Angelo have that you have in your inventory?   Use hand verb to put that mustache on.....Then go up and talk to her and she will give you the voucher
[close]

Babar

Quote from: Louise on Wed 07/03/2007 22:40:39
I still can't win the duck game; I've tried to use the hook with everything in my inventory, I tried using the shovel. I think that I am missing something in my inventory.

Spoiler

You might have solved this, but I'm still stuck at it. After I pick up the defective hook, I try clicking the new hook on it, doesn't work. Try interacting with it (and I get the message that it's unscrewable, but still Nelly doesn't unscrew it), nothing happens. Tried interacting with it AFTER I attempted to get a duck with the defective hook, nothing happens. It's somewhat annoying, because I figured out what I need to do, but I don't seem to be able to do it.
[close]
The ultimate Professional Amateur

Now, with his very own game: Alien Time Zone

Ali

Quote from: Babar on Fri 16/03/2007 06:26:43
Quote from: Louise on Wed 07/03/2007 22:40:39
I still can't win the duck game; I've tried to use the hook with everything in my inventory, I tried using the shovel. I think that I am missing something in my inventory.

Spoiler

You might have solved this, but I'm still stuck at it. After I pick up the defective hook, I try clicking the new hook on it, doesn't work. Try interacting with it (and I get the message that it's unscrewable, but still Nelly doesn't unscrew it), nothing happens. Tried interacting with it AFTER I attempted to get a duck with the defective hook, nothing happens. It's somewhat annoying, because I figured out what I need to do, but I don't seem to be able to do it.
[close]

Spoiler
Use the iHook head on the regular Hook handle. Louise, if you haven't got the iHook, you need to get it.
[close]

LydZ

Hi Great Game !!
I've just got to the island, talked to the lepercaun (sorry for the spelling,i'm not really good for writhing in english) who appeared in the window of the barbewired door, i've also check out the mine with the furnace and mecanical thing...But now i'm stuck!! Not really stuck but just dont know what to do next!!
One more thing, the pirate at the bar offered to pay for a drink how do I know wich one i'm supposed to get? I've already got one thinking that I would need it for a task I needed to complete, but it turned out that I dind't need it afther all, now i've got a drink but don't know if i'll need it or if I choose the right one.  ???
Tanks in advance

Rosie

Spoiler
you need the cat one, forgot the name.  She says, oh there is a picture of a cat on the bottle.....This will be used on your cat to make it more aggresive with that dog to get the 4 leaf clover

Island with the leprecons:  They need to feel happy..... You have to make a new flag for them.  They will tell you and give you a drawing of the flag.  You need three things for the flag.  One is a rainbow (which you will win at the duck game, one is a 4 leaf clover(the dog that the lady is holding has one in its mouth on that platform by the airship) and you need to get something for the mayors wife in town so you can get her undies for the material for the flag.

That's all I remember, hope this helps
[close]

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk