Release Something 2012! Time's up!

Started by ThreeOhFour, Sat 02/06/2012 15:20:46

Previous topic - Next topic

EchosofNezhyt

Adder very awesome style man, you know a art peice is good when the sketches are super interesting.

nihilyst

First version of a CD cover for the upcoming side-series of my detective radio play series 'Hastings & Grey'. The side-series is called 'Zwischenfälle' (which in German can mean both 'incidents' and 'the inbetween-cases') and will feature radio play and audio-book episodes that are not in the canon of the main series. The first episode is called 'Kein einladender Ort' ('An uninviting place').
[imgzoom]http://www.longwayhome.de/zeug/H&G_ZF_cover_01.jpg[/imgzoom]

The image is a composition of many different photographs (both my own and some found on imageafter.com) and needs some further touching-up in the main area.

ZayanM

Nice entries.

Here is some art from a game I was making with AGS.

I don't plan on finishing it. It was all done back in 2007 and like many back then, I didn't think I still would not have finished something 5 years later!

Igor Hardy

Adder and Swordofkings - most intriguing projects you have there. Keep it up having them look this good.

gameboy

Neat thread!

Just a little something from a game I haven't touched for almost a year, but may continue one day.

And something else:

m0ds

Nice!! But what's happened with both of your projects gameboy??

EchosofNezhyt

Nice style gamebool, Its very clean/detailed and stylish.

monkey0506

Hey Frito float Master, his name is gameboy not gamebool. :P

In any case, love the work in this thread. Would love even more if any of these projects were released by the end of the month! :D

gameboy

Quote from: m0ds on Tue 19/06/2012 23:42:51
Nice!! But what's happened with both of your projects gameboy??

They're still in the works, even though I haven't been very active in few months. I do believe Roadworks is the closest to completion.

steptoe

Hi

* Is your game ever good enough?
* Should you release it?
* Are your graphics A1 in relation to your game?
* Is your story line gripping enough?
* Ran out of ideas?

Any Negatives of these reasons can halt a game in its tracks.

Maybe you have decided that the game was not a good idea and decided to leave it? (Hands up).

As humans we usually shy away at the first signs of failure or have second thoughts: doubt.

Yet it is through failure that we succeed, provided of course we follow basic rules (RTFM), take advice from seasoned game makers and coders (You know who your are) and take note of comments/reviews.

I say (at almost 57): Make, make, make and don't procrastinate or fill your head with negatives. Learn and create.

It was nearly 3 years before I took the first step to make a full game. Well, it was the first/second ags versions. I have much more to learn and with each game I try to use a new skill and one day I will release a blinding game. Until then.....

It's a shame some of the games mentioned never got made  :~(

Carry on carrying on (laugh)
It's not over until the fat lady sings..

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

With me it's more like:

1.  Come up with great idea for a game.
2.  Work on it alone.
3.  Game explodes in size and scope.
4.  Loss of interest.

I'm really trying to finish at least two of the games I've been working on but as they've both become design behemoths it's just a bit daunting.

Ghost

Quote from: ProgZmax on Fri 22/06/2012 00:07:28
2.  Work on it alone.
4.  Loss of interest.

That sounds so terribly familiar!

Eggie

1. Have great idea for game/script/comic/animation/whatever
2. Pour many hours into it
3. Realize it is not actually that good
4. Work on it some more hours
5. Realize it is terrible
6. Realize that I am a wasted husk of a man
7. Cry
8. Cry
9. Cry
10. Cry
11. Mope
12. Despair
13. Eat a biscuit
14. Forget pain
15. Move on
16. Repeat step 1

Ilyich

Yes, terribly, terribly familiar process. :)
With me it's usually a mix of ProgZ's and Eggie's versions, only with less crying and more despair. :D

This thread does cheer me up, though! So much wonderful stuff! Let's see...

Kastchey: I love your expressive, rough, painterly style! It's very dynamic and balances between abstraction and detail well.

Andail: While relatively simplistic, it looks really, really great! I want this game already! :)

Ali: This is, obviously, truly impressive. You've developed a very distinctive, interesting and beautiful visual style for Nelly. I think her eye looks a bit strange, though. And hooray for the maneki-neko! :)

Adder: This is probably my favourite thing in the topic! Cannot help but love the Bladerunner-y stuff, and judging by the art from your website, which I loved, this is only going to get so much better. Can't wait to see more!

Ponch

1.  Come up with mediocre (fair to middlin' at best) idea for a game.
2.  Work on it alone (so alone).
3.  Game slowly (so slowly) creeps towards completion.
4.  Sidetracked by my love of drawing boobies (yay boobies! \o/).
5. Game completed three years after I promised it would be. Drawer filled with pencil sketches of boobies (Scan and send to Dualnames).

Yep. That's pretty much how every game I've ever made was put together. It's my formula for success.  ;-D

Anian

Quote from: Ponch on Fri 22/06/2012 06:39:15
1.  Come up with mediocre (fair to middlin' at best) idea for a game.
2.  Work on it alone (so alone).
3.  Game slowly (so slowly) creeps towards completion.
4.  Sidetracked by my love of drawing boobies (yay boobies! \o/).
5. Game completed three years after I promised it would be. Drawer filled with pencil sketches of boobies (Scan and send to Dualnames).
There might be a good demotivational poster there "Boobies - best reason for prolonging game development" or something.
I don't want the world, I just want your half

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

"Boobies - best reason for enlarging game development"

LimpingFish

Quote from: ProgZmax on Fri 22/06/2012 00:07:28

2.  Work on it alone.
4.  Loss of interest.

Yep. That about sums it up.
Steam: LimpingFish
PSN: LFishRoller
XB: TheActualLimpingFish
Spotify: LimpingFish

m0ds

For everyone except Chris "LimpingFish" Chris.

Who, by the way, will be releasing

Very soon.

Won't you Chris?

will be on general release in July - right?

is included in Summerbatch, yes?

You haven't lost interesting making

?

;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk