Adventure Island

Started by Michael2968, Mon 27/05/2013 15:19:52

Previous topic - Next topic

MonochromeMolly

Quote from: splat44 on Sat 08/06/2013 16:02:41

About hidden entrance mysterium:
Spoiler
I managed finding secret entrance but in the last room, I came across five buttons in which we can change between colors such "Yellow", "Orange" and perhaps "red". I believe I need getting artifact or element at church area?
[close]

Church area:
Spoiler
I know where I can the wooden key but thirst is never ending of that guy
[close]

For the Mysterium,
Spoiler
Look at the railing outside.
[close]

For the Abbey,
Spoiler
The ale you are given isn't quite right for the job. You should modify it.
[close]

splat44

Quote from: MonochromeMolly on Sat 08/06/2013 20:09:55

About hidden entrance mysterium:
Spoiler
I managed finding secret entrance but in the last room, I came across five buttons in which we can change between colors such "Yellow", "Orange" and perhaps "red". I believe I need getting artifact or element at church area?
[close]

Church area:
Spoiler
I know where I can the wooden key but thirst is never ending of that guy
[close]

For the Mysterium,
Spoiler
[close]

For the Abbey,
Spoiler
[close]

For Abbey:
Spoiler
I figured that an extra item is needed but due hotspot difficulty showing, it's impossible locating that item. it's seem obvious it should be in kitchen but I'm not sure. Where exactly is that item and please indicated the hotspot?
[close]

Tinytim

What railing?
Spoiler
what secret entrance?
[close]
If somebody says they know all the answers, they haven't been asked all the questions.

elentgirl

Quote from: splat44 on Sat 08/06/2013 21:33:26
For the Mysterium,
Spoiler
[close]

For the Abbey,
Spoiler
[close]

For Abbey:
Spoiler
I figured that an extra item is needed but due hotspot difficulty showing, it's impossible locating that item. it's seem obvious it should be in kitchen but I'm not sure. Where exactly is that item and please indicated the hotspot?
[close]

Quote from: Tinytim on Sun 09/06/2013 13:51:50
What railing?
Spoiler
what secret entrance?
[close]

I think Splat44 is talking about the Mysterium control room...
Spoiler
the description of the five buttons sound like those on the console that controls the power to the lifts and bridge.  The railing is not far away!
[close]

In the Abbey section...
Spoiler
you do not need any extra item to solve the ale flagon puzzle - just try the red button!
[close]

splat44

Quote from: elentgirl on Sun 09/06/2013 16:32:26
Quote from: splat44 on Sat 08/06/2013 21:33:26
For the Mysterium,
Spoiler
[close]

For the Abbey,
Spoiler
[close]

For Abbey:
Spoiler
[close]

Quote from: Tinytim on Sun 09/06/2013 13:51:50
What railing?
Spoiler
what secret entrance?
[close]

I think Splat44 is talking about the Mysterium control room...
Spoiler
the description of the five buttons sound like those on the console that controls the power to the lifts and bridge.  The railing is not far away!
[close]

In the Abbey section...
Spoiler
you do not need any extra item to solve the ale flagon puzzle - just try the red button!
[close]

All right, I got it thanks for that PM MonochromeMolly!

In reliquary area:
Spoiler
I am a bit confuse to what to do in reliquary using artifact thing!

After seeing those balls, one of those is suspiously the same inside my inventory.
What is steps by steps instructions in this area?

Even by read helping of artifact area isn't clicking!
It's storing and copying area where it confusing!
[close]

elentgirl

Quote from: splat44 on Sun 09/06/2013 18:59:53
In reliquary area:
Spoiler

After seeing those balls, one of those is suspiously the same inside my inventory.

[close]

In the reliquary..
Spoiler
When you scan the different balls you should find one that seems to be linked with your mission as Agent Smith.  That is the one you should STORE in your stasis field for future use.
[close]

splat44

Quote from: elentgirl on Sun 09/06/2013 21:29:37
Quote from: splat44 on Sun 09/06/2013 18:59:53
In reliquary area:
Spoiler

[close]

In the reliquary..
Spoiler
When you scan the different balls you should find one that seems to be linked with your mission as Agent Smith.  That is the one you should STORE in your stasis field for future use.
[close]

In the reliquary again:
Spoiler
So far the orange ball inside inventory seems to be same as the one in reliquary, assume that the one I need storing and if not then how would I know which ones to store? After scanning each balls, it says the same for each one of them
[close]

elentgirl

Quote from: splat44 on Sun 09/06/2013 22:18:28
In the reliquary again:
Spoiler
So far the orange ball inside inventory seems to be same as the one in reliquary, assume that the one I need storing and if not then how would I know which ones to store? After scanning each balls, it says the same for each one of them
[close]

None of the objects in the reliquary has any direct link to anything in your inventory.
Spoiler
Not all five balls in the reliquary is identical - one has a significant difference which relates to your mission in the time matrix
[close]

About portal to planet:
Spoiler
I know according access code, I know I need entering "this year + planet + vic" according access card found but cannot figure the exact code. I read something about planet name as GW40H and year halted was 3024. That's all I make of this
[close]

I'm sorry, I missed this query earlier.  If you still need a hint...
Spoiler
The name of the planet is GW40K and you are correct about the year that mining halted.  Regarding the last part, look at what immediately follows it.  This is a bit of a brain teaser, something like a crossword puzzle clue.
[close]

Tinytim

My 2nd query doesn't appear to have been picked up
Spoiler
what secret entrance?
[close]
If somebody says they know all the answers, they haven't been asked all the questions.

elentgirl

Quote from: Tinytim on Mon 10/06/2013 12:09:54
My 2nd query doesn't appear to have been picked up
Spoiler
what secret entrance?
[close]

I did pick this up earlier when I posted that I thought Splat44 was referring to the Mysterium control room.  I assume he called it secret because you need to solve a puzzle to access it.  Unless he has found a secret entrance that even I don't know about!

Tinytim

Total frustration! Is this puzzle to do with the pedestal/book and the code
Spoiler
at the bottom of the trumpet island picture?
[close]

splat44

Quote from: Tinytim on Mon 10/06/2013 16:11:25
Total frustration! Is this puzzle to do with the pedestal/book and the code
Spoiler
at the bottom of the trumpet island picture?
[close]

There two clues available:
Spoiler
You should have read book in one of rooms from building with many door, it should tell you where to look.
In mysterium area, look closely at left side of table
[close]

splat44

Quote from: elentgirl on Mon 10/06/2013 10:22:47
Quote from: splat44 on Sun 09/06/2013 22:18:28
In the reliquary again:
Spoiler
[close]

None of the objects in the reliquary has any direct link to anything in your inventory.
Spoiler
Not all five balls in the reliquary is identical - one has a significant difference which relates to your mission in the time matrix
[close]

About portal to planet:
Spoiler
I know according access code, I know I need entering "this year + planet + vic" according access card found but cannot figure the exact code. I read something about planet name as GW40H and year halted was 3024. That's all I make of this
[close]

I'm sorry, I missed this query earlier.  If you still need a hint...
Spoiler
The name of the planet is GW40K and you are correct about the year that mining halted.  Regarding the last part, look at what immediately follows it.  This is a bit of a brain teaser, something like a crossword puzzle clue.
[close]

I've found the following scripting error in atlantis area:
reported here

Access code to planet:
Spoiler
I still haven't figure out "vic" word, I know there a maximum of 5 entries but adding "this year + planet + vic" seem to be 6 entries instead, any hint
[close]

Tinytim

elentgirl

Quote from: splat44 on Mon 10/06/2013 17:41:47

Access code to planet:
Spoiler
I still haven't figure out "vic" word, I know there a maximum of 5 entries but adding "this year + planet + vic" seem to be 6 entries instead, any hint
[close]

Thank you for highlighting the bug in the Atlantis section.  I think I know what is causing it - a global variable set wrongly - but I have not yet been able to find out where it is being set wrongly.  I'm working on it.

Regarding the access code in the Middle Earth section...
ANOTHER HINT
Spoiler
You are looking for a number, so you use only the number part of the planet's name (but think carefully about it). For the year, you use this year (in the game context). The bent arrow after VIC indicates that you should reverse it.  Does that resemble a number to you?
[close]
SPOILER
Spoiler

1. The number part of the planet's name is 40K = 40000
2. The information on the display panel tells you that excavations have been underway for a year, so this year is 3024+1 = 3025
3. VIC reversed is CIV, the Roman numerals for 104
TOTAL: 40000+3025+104 = 43129
[close]

splat44

Quote from: elentgirl on Tue 11/06/2013 10:33:23
Quote from: splat44 on Mon 10/06/2013 17:41:47

Access code to planet:
Spoiler
[close]

Thank you for highlighting the bug in the Atlantis section.  I think I know what is causing it - a global variable set wrongly - but I have not yet been able to find out where it is being set wrongly.  I'm working on it.

Regarding the access code in the Middle Earth section...
ANOTHER HINT
Spoiler
You are looking for a number, so you use only the number part of the planet's name (but think carefully about it). For the year, you use this year (in the game context). The bent arrow after VIC indicates that you should reverse it.  Does that resemble a number to you?
[close]
SPOILER
Spoiler

1. The number part of the planet's name is 40K = 40000
2. The information on the display panel tells you that excavations have been underway for a year, so this year is 3024+1 = 3025
3. VIC reversed is CIV, the Roman numerals for 104
TOTAL: 40000+3025+104 = 43129
[close]

My goodness, I never would figure out this one, thanks and might get back with question in the planet area.

So the bug in Atlantis section does not prevents finishing this area?

Atlantis section:
Spoiler
so far I managed using room left (with elevator by going up next floor and next room, using that elevator few time then it breaks. Obviously there nothing do here as far I know. In room with gap, when using artifact scanner, the gap is being covered up but cannot cross it. Anything else I should be doing in Atlantis?
[close]

Uziel

I ended up re-downloading this game from scratch again, as reading all these posts, it was too good not to come back to. Great stuff elentgirl.

Quote from: splat44 on Wed 12/06/2013 03:47:59
Atlantis section:
Spoiler
so far I managed using room left (with elevator by going up next floor and next room, using that elevator few time then it breaks. Obviously there nothing do here as far I know. In room with gap, when using artifact scanner, the gap is being covered up but cannot cross it. Anything else I should be doing in Atlantis?
[close]

Spoiler
From what I recall, you have to go down the elevator once, then go into the room on the right. When you turn the lever in the room once, then the floor is covered, and you can cross into the next section.
[close]

I'm a little ways past that, still in Atlantis though. I've already gotten the correct ball in the Abbey, as the description is most certainly different from the other balls. Stuck at the statues... I'm guessing they are different weights and I need to put the right ones in the right buckets so it's level... just can't seem to get the combo right...

splat44

Quote from: Uziel on Wed 12/06/2013 05:18:13
I ended up re-downloading this game from scratch again, as reading all these posts, it was too good not to come back to. Great stuff elentgirl.

Quote from: splat44 on Wed 12/06/2013 03:47:59
Atlantis section:
Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
From what I recall, you have to go down the elevator once, then go into the room on the right. When you turn the lever in the room once, then the floor is covered, and you can cross into the next section.
[close]

I'm a little ways past that, still in Atlantis though. I've already gotten the correct ball in the Abbey, as the description is most certainly different from the other balls. Stuck at the statues... I'm guessing they are different weights and I need to put the right ones in the right buckets so it's level... just can't seem to get the combo right...

Thanks for this and it seems weights weight the same unless other clues are available!

elentgirl

Quote from: Uziel on Wed 12/06/2013 05:18:13

Quote from: splat44 on Wed 12/06/2013 07:01:22
Thanks for this and it seems weights weight the same unless other clues are available!

The weights in the temple antechamber are all different, the largest being the heaviest and the smallest the lightest.
Spoiler
The object of the puzzle is to make the balance level, but you don't necessarily have to use all the weights.
[close]

I'm glad you are enjoying the game. 

Uziel

Quote from: elentgirl on Wed 12/06/2013 09:38:19
The weights in the temple antechamber are all different, the largest being the heaviest and the smallest the lightest.

Thanks for the tip, I'll give it another try shortly. I jumped into another section, and worked out the runic alphabet (yay) and the kings, getting both crystals in the process. But I can't work out the singing table. I know if all the crystals are pointed in a direction they "sing", but not sure which combo to use or where the clues are (as the board in the first room doesn't tell you much).

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk