Nelly Cootalot II: The Fowl Fleet

Started by Ali, Fri 01/03/2013 22:25:40

Previous topic - Next topic

Snarky

While it's doing decently well, and looks set to reach its goal, I really feel like this campaign would deserve to be at ten times its current sum. I guess it's more niche than I imagined. I hope the hype pays off!

Crimson Wizard

Okay, I witnessed a part of gameplay while looking into technical problem, and it looks really cool. I won't reveal anything though :P

Stupot

Here's my prediction. I think the numbers will remain fairly level for the next week or two, and it might start looking a bit close in the last week, but then there will be a big surge in the last few days and could well reach 20-25 grand.

Unfortunately, I can't afford to back right now, but I have been trying to help spread the word. I will certainly buy the game when it is released though.

Ryan Timothy B

Quote from: Crimson Wizard on Mon 10/06/2013 00:40:58
Okay, I witnessed a part of gameplay while looking into technical problem, and it looks really cool. I won't reveal anything though :P
Thanks for sharing those files with me Crimson. I really enjoyed that.  :-D  (kidding)

I really need to complete the original game, I got stuck at one point and forgot to complete it. I remembered it being quite hilarious. I should definitely chip in on this one.

Monsieur OUXX

Ali

Thanks muchly, chums! I really appreciate people spreading the word!

@Snarky: I agree, I am worth so much more aren't I?

@Ben: I didn't mention Nomad Soul! Is it good? I've been wondering about playing it... I Duncan Jones woul'd give us a chance because it's a retro game, and I went to the same film school as him (not at the same time though, otherwise I'd definitely totally be as successful as he is probably).

@Crimson Wizard: Thanks! And thanks for helping me get the demo to a nearly-releasable state.

Ben X

Quote from: Ali on Mon 10/06/2013 22:56:06
@Ben: I didn't mention Nomad Soul! Is it good?

I haven't played it, but the Duncan Jones/video game connection screamed out at me! Maybe you should ask him if he want's to follow in his father's footsteps and have a character's likeness based on him..!

Ali

Hello! In the Latest Update I've release a playable demo of Nelly Cootalot: The Fowl Fleet. It's a very short taster of the game.

Nelly Cootalot: The Fowl Fleet Demo

Let me know what you think!

- Al

selmiak

funny stuff.
but are you serious? 600MB for this really short demo?
also when switching the tags on the box nelly keeps on walking against the box for some time before doing the thing.
Other than that I like it, funny already but a bit very short ;)

Ali

The unzipped file-size is because the sprites aren't compressed. While I'm trying to work on the game's performance I thought it best to disable compression. It is a bit chunky, but there's not much in there which isn't in the game - no extra rooms or characters I promise!

I hope it wasn't too short. More of the game is currently playable, but it's missing several animations and key actions. I thought it better to release a polished little taster like this, rather than a longer pre-alpha full of placeholders.

Thanks for spotting the weird walky thing!

kaput

Hi Ali

For some reason I can't access the demo - is it offline?

Peder 🚀

The server all agser.me sites are hosted on is currently having some issues, hopefully it will be back online soon. I'm however uploading the demo to AGSA so just in case it happens again it will still be available on AGSA.

Both the Windows & Linux version and MAC version can now be downloaded from here:
http://new.agsarchives.com/game/V72oiC2Oj

(Scroll down).

cat

Nice demo! But please make an option in the game to disable the ship going up and down, I really got seasick!

Ali

Hello!

Just a reminder that we've entered our final week currently at 91% funded. Thanks to Peder for mirroring the demo. And Cat - rest assured that the seasickness will be optional!

If you're interested in the development side of things, I've been interviewed by the loveable guys at BigSushi.fm: http://bigsushi.fm/episode-78-alasdair-beckett-king/

Eric

I am disgusted with the entire world that this isn't funded yet. I upped my pledge yesterday and will probably kick in some add-ons before all is said and done.

Stupot

I have a feeling it will be all right as far as the main goal is concerned. There is almost always a surge in the last few days. But it might be worth urging backers to up their pledge as Eric has done.  If only a handful of people do that each day, it will be enough to drag Nelly over the line.

cat

Quote from: Ali on Sun 23/06/2013 00:14:31
And Cat - rest assured that the seasickness will be optional!

Great news for a landlubber like me :)

Darth Mandarb

I'm shocked too.  I thought this project would blow through the initial goal!  I upped my pledge as well and will kick in a bit extra if/when I can.  There's always (as had been said) a surge in pledges in the last few days as most of the hold-outs will then contribute (which, given how Kickstarter works, I've never understood!  You don't get charged if the project doesn't reach its goal!)

Good luck!!

Eric

Darth: At 48 hours, everyone who has clicked a "remind me" button gets a notification from KS that the campaign is almost over. This usually leads to a big bump in pledges at the end.   

Ali

We just hit out funding goal this morning! Thanks for all the AGS-love that went into that achievement.

We have 4 and a half days to focus on Stretch Goals, so please keep up he relentless plugging of the game and the hassling of friends and family. Hassle them, I say!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk