Nelly Cootalot II: The Fowl Fleet

Started by Ali, Fri 01/03/2013 22:25:40

Previous topic - Next topic

Nikolas

Quote from: Ali on Mon 24/06/2013 10:05:31
We just hit out funding goal this morning! Thanks for all the AGS-love that went into that achievement.

We have 4 and a half days to focus on Stretch Goals, so please keep up he relentless plugging of the game and the hassling of friends and family. Hassle them, I say!
This is such great news! :)

Well done Alistair! :)

Your hard work has already paid off!

SinSin

Huzzah ... I was never worried dude I knew you would do it with a pitch like that :)
Currently working on a project!

Eric

Dropped Monocle Games

Wooohooo! Congratulations.. I am so glad you made it.
I backed yesterday, I gave the last bit of money I had for this month! its waiting in the bank for when you take the funding :)
can't wait to play this!

Monsieur OUXX

Congratulations Ali!
Now get back to work and that darn game! We're begging you! :)

selmiak

hmmm, you should have had the KS campaign end on the 1st of the month or the 2nd when people actually have money ;)

I would so back this but I have no money and also no CC for KS :(

Luca

Indiana Jones : Archeology = Big Lebowski : Communication Sciences

Ali

Thanks guys.

You might be right selmiak. Once again I suffer for being self-employed and not knowing anything about real jobs. We're considering leaving the PayPal option open for a little while after the campaign ends, in case a lot of wealthy relatives die over the weekend.

Monsieur OUXX

Quote from: Ali on Wed 26/06/2013 10:33:11
We're considering leaving the PayPal option open for a little while after the campaign ends

In that case make it clear in your announcements on every related website. If I were a potential donator and had a big message "the deadline is gone" right in my face on the front page, I'd think "pah, I'm too late!"

SarahLiz

Count me in as a loyal backer!  Happy to open my wallet for this one.  As a huge fan of the first Nelly, I can't wait to see the second installment.  Everything looks fantastic so far.  Keep up the great work! 

Sarah

AGD2

Just gave Nelly Cootalot a plug in our latest Kickstarter newsletter update. Sorry, I would have done it sooner but had to wait on something before we could make a new post. Anyhow, hope it helps -- game's looking great!

Ali

@SarahLiz: Thanks for backing!

@AGD2: Thank you for the plug! How nice! And congratulations on your uber-successful campaign.

@Monsieur OUXX: Good suggestion, I'll make it as clear as I can when the hammer falls!

EDIT: And now we're into the last 24 hours!

Ali

Sorry for the double post, but my campaign just finished with a respectable £20,450 including PayPal backers. Thanks to all the AGSers who backed and plugged the campaign.

I'm keeping the PayPal option open for two weeks for 'Slacker Backers', and I'll open up Pre-orders after that:

Thanks again!

- Alasdair

Crimson Wizard

I've got following notifications
It looks like your *** pledge to Nelly Cootalot: The Fowl Fleet! (Retro Pirate Adventure) was declined by your card provider.
This error is usually caused by a recently expired, canceled, or maxed-out credit or debit card.
To correct this error and complete your pledge, just click the link below and choose a different payment method (or enter in a new card):
Which is weird, since my card is not expired, or cancelled...
I'll try PayPal.

Snarky

Congratulations, Ali! It deserved to go much higher, but it's a respectable amount nevertheless.

Question: In a situation like this, where the campaign has reached its goal, is it more beneficial for you to have people back it through PayPal than Kickstarter?

Ali

It's preferable for me to deal with Kickstarter backers, because it's easier to keep track of reward fulfilment and updates that way. On the other hand, PayPal fees are slightly less than Kickstarter fees, so it's not a tragedy if someone switches.

Here's hoping CW finds a way to make it work!

Quote from: Snarky on Sat 29/06/2013 15:13:52
Congratulations, Ali! It deserved to go much higher

I know, right?!

Greg Squire

Congratulations!  Looking forward to playing the finished game.

Secret Fawful

Awesome! I'm really glad to hear it did so well! I loved the first game. If I wasn't a broke bum I would have contributed in a heartbeat.

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: Ali on Sat 29/06/2013 18:10:17
Here's hoping CW finds a way to make it work!

Hehe, that was my mistake, my card had just a few cents less on it than neccesary :)
Backed!

Surdy

Good job Ali ;)

I hope we could work together soon.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk