Adventure Island

Started by Michael2968, Mon 27/05/2013 15:19:52

Previous topic - Next topic

elentgirl

Quote from: SolemnGong on Sat 20/07/2013 17:40:50
Thanks for the tip, but I'm still having trouble with this part.
Spoiler
I tried going from the first hourglass to the second hourglass four times without reloading, but I was still unable to click the second hourglass. Do I need to find the stone at the center of the maze first? I do not believe I have found the stone yet.
[close]
I don't understand why this is not working for you.
Spoiler
You don't have to see the stone I referred to before you can operate the second hourglass.  The stone is the one with the plaque at the other end of the paved strip in the maze centre.  When Annie is standing on this paved area the hotspot for the stone is active, as is that for the second hourglass.  When you click on the hourglass you should get a similar close-up view to that at the start of the maze, but when you push the button nothing happens other than just a click, unless you have reached it in time or have tried three times.  Then a door in the pedestal should open.
[close]
If you cannot get it to work, please let me know exactly what you are doing and I will do some further testing.

Quote from: PpC on Sun 21/07/2013 02:16:12
I am stuck in a couple of places where some help would be very good:
Spoiler
In the black dog mansion, I escaped from the attic and came back, there is a "hand" icon on the typewritter but when I click it nothing happens.
[close]
Where is the typewriter you are referring to?
Quote from: PpC on Sun 21/07/2013 02:16:12
Spoiler
Entry code. Can't figure out what is VIC. I tried 2581, 2034, 2035 and 40. The plus sign means actually adding or appending ?
(found it in another posting  :-) )
[close]
Regarding the access code in the Middle Earth section...
HINT
Spoiler
You are looking for a number, so you use only the number part of the planet's name (but think carefully about it). For the year, you use this year (in the game context). The bent arrow after VIC indicates that you should reverse it.  Does that resemble a number to you?
[close]
SPOILER
Spoiler

1. The number part of the planet's name is 40K = 40000
2. The information on the display panel tells you that excavations have been underway for a year, so this year is 3024+1 = 3025
3. VIC reversed is CIV, the Roman numerals for 104
TOTAL: 40000+3025+104 = 43129
[close]
Good luck
Elen

PpC

The typewriter is on the floor, under the window, to the left of the cabinet with the puzzle.

elentgirl

Quote from: PpC on Sun 21/07/2013 16:47:02
The typewriter is on the floor, under the window, to the left of the cabinet with the puzzle.
I had forgotten about that typewriter as it is just part of the junk in the attic and has no part in the game.
Spoiler
If there is a hotspot active there it must be one of those for pushing the boxes that has not turned off properly.  I shall look into that.  I thought you meant you had gone back to the office in the tower, which is where you need to go to make progress.
[close]
Good luck,
Elen

PpC

Thanks, not only you made an amazing game but you are amazing at replying ultra fast :-)

CelticWarrior72

Elen,

I've been playing Adventure Island since reading about it on AdventureGamers.com last month.  I'm old school having started out on text adventures on the Amstrad CPC 464 in the 1980's and have played a ton of different games over the years.

Firstly, let me say Adventure Island is really, really good.  The puzzles are challenging -  I've needed a few hints and tips from this forum to get me through, but for the most part they are logical and have sufficient hints along the way.

I'll bet this took a long time to create.  I loved the non-liner nature of the game and how the different worlds were self contained.  I've been playing it on and off for the last few weeks.  Thank you very much for the time an effort you put into it.

Regards,

CelticWarrior72

elentgirl

Hello Celtic Warrior

I'm really glad you are enjoying my game.  It did take a fair amount of time to make - 5 years.  I hope you are playing version 2 which has a number of improvements suggested by other players, plus I have added a couple of short cut scenes to improve the ending (hopefully!).  I am currently working on a Player Guide to replace the ad hoc hints on this forum.  It should be available very soon.

If I could ask a favour, would you please rate my game once you have completed it and add your thoughts to those others have already posted on the AGS GAmes page.  Independent reviews help potential players decide whether or not Adventure Island is a game for them.

Many thanks,
Elen

CelticWarrior72

I played v1.5.  It was good enough to give a really good flavor for the experience.  I'll add my thoughts to the AGS Games Page and leave a review as requested.

- CW

Mischief

Can anyone give me the areas that power cells are found.  I am at the end game (I think) but only have 5 cells.  I have been to all the areas again but can't see it.  Please give me a clue.

Shadow1000

Quote from: Mischief on Sun 18/08/2013 19:21:28
Can anyone give me the areas that power cells are found.  I am at the end game (I think) but only have 5 cells.  I have been to all the areas again but can't see it.  Please give me a clue.

In the room where you enter the globes, there is a map on the wall. If you look at it carefully, you'll see a map of the island, indicating where the mysterious objects are located. The one you are missing will be highlighted.

If you want more detail, please say so.

SHADOW

Mischief

Great.  Thanks Shadow.  Loving this game - don't want it to end.

elentgirl

Quote from: Mischief on Mon 19/08/2013 09:33:44
Loving this game - don't want it to end.

I'm really pleased that you are enjoying my game, though from your earlier question I suspect that you are entering the final section.  When you have finished it, would you be prepared to rate it in the AGS games section to help other potential players decide whether or not to download it?

Thank you and good luck,
Elen

Mischief

Absolutely Elen.  Although the way I am going with the end game, you may be waiting a long time.:grin:

elentgirl

Quote from: Mischief on Wed 21/08/2013 19:50:15
Absolutely Elen.  Although the way I am going with the end game, you may be waiting a long time.:grin:

Thank you.  I am about to publish a Player Guide for my game to help people struggling with the puzzles.  If you would find a sneak preview helpful I can send you a link.

Good luck,
Elen

Eli

Wontherful game... I'm stack ... which number to open safe? Other... do I need another skull to complete that part with the colored eyes of the skulls? I have the problem I red in Hits to pich up the blue baloom... although I put the correct shapes... Thanks a lot and sorry my English

elentgirl

Quote from: Eli on Wed 28/08/2013 21:28:41
Wontherful game... I'm stack ... which number to open safe? Other... do I need another skull to complete that part with the colored eyes of the skulls? I have the problem I red in Hits to pich up the blue baloom... although I put the correct shapes... Thanks a lot and sorry my English
I'm glad you like my game.  ;-D  You seem to be having trouble in a number of places, so rather than try to answer all your questions individually, I am giving you a link to download the Player Guide I have made to help players stuck on the puzzles.  I am still doing final testing before I publish it, but it should help you where you are stuck.
https://app.box.com/s/hyzxihdal3aevsoqqde2
Good luck,
Elen

elentgirl

I have created a Player Guide to provide help for players struggling with the puzzles in Adventure Island.

The Player Guide can be downloaded from: https://app.box.com/s/hyzxihdal3aevsoqqde2

dbuske

Does the skulls eye color change each time the individual skull is in the corret square.
or do I have to get everyone right do see the eye color. I know I can put it in that one square and see the color.
It is way to difficult and time consuming?
What if your blessings come through raindrops
What if your healing comes through tears...

elentgirl

Quote from: dbuske on Thu 12/09/2013 18:35:53
Does the skulls eye color change each time the individual skull is in the corret square.

The eye colour of each skull stays the same wherever it is put.  Once you have worked out which colours go where, it is simply a matter of rearranging the skulls using the plinth to tell you the eye colour of each skull.  I suppose it is a bit like a game of Patience in a way, but if you work systematically it does not take long to complete.

Eli

Yes, thanks a lot Elentgirl, but it seems to me that one skull is mising (to of for me) and that let me stuck...

bye

elentgirl

Quote from: Eli on Sun 15/09/2013 22:24:57
Yes, thanks a lot Elentgirl, but it seems to me that one skull is mising (to of for me) and that let me stuck...

Oh dear, I'm not sure how that has happened.  There was a bug in this section in the very early versions of the game, in which you could lose a skull if you left the close-up view while holding a skull, but that was fixed back in about version 1.3 or 1.4, I think.  To solve your problem you may have to restart that section of the game, but if you are playing an older version (anything before version 2), I would recommend upgrading.

Good luck,
Elen

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk