Name the Game

Started by frenzykitty, Wed 17/04/2013 17:17:08

Previous topic - Next topic

Gribbler

Quote from: Amayirot AkagoI figured the picture of the Bremen musicians over the fireplace would be a dead giveaway, dunno if that did it or what.
It had early nineties and Sierra written all over it. If it wasn't King's Quest or Quest for Glory not much choices left. And "aimed at kids" was a definitive giveaway for me.

Anyway, here's my pic. And yes, you see it right - it's a crazy man who communicates with the world using an old sock on his right hand :D

Ben X

That's surely the Telltale Batman series, this guy being Scarface's ventriloquist dude bereft of his puppet?

Mandle

Quote from: Gribbler on Sun 26/02/2017 11:46:43
And yes, you see it right - it's a crazy man who communicates with the world using an old sock on his right hand :D

THE BUM!!! (laugh)

(By the way...The Bum was the second or third AGS I ever played and was a huge reason I decided to really check out the engine and see what it could do. I LOVE THAT GAME!!!)

Gribbler

Mandle, you've made my day :D

And Ben got it.

Now I know what Ron Gilbert felt when he saw Pirates of the Caribbean ;)

Danvzare

Putty Squad!
Or more likely, Putty. (The original game that came first.)

Ben X

Hmmmph, two guesses in one, but I'll allow it. it is indeed Putty, the original and better-looking!

Danvzare

Quote from: Ben X on Mon 27/02/2017 22:14:35
Hmmmph, two guesses in one, but I'll allow it. it is indeed Putty, the original and better-looking!
What are you talking about? Better looking?
Putty Squad looks the exact same!
Well, at least the original Putty Squad that came out several decades ago on the SNES. Not the modern remake. That one does look horrible.

Sorry about the two guesses in one. I knew it was one or the other, and it's been a long time since I've played either.

This one should be easy for anyone who has played it.
[imgzoom]http://orig14.deviantart.net/1585/f/2017/059/2/c/name_the_game_screenshot_36_by_danvzare-db0nvzd.png[/imgzoom]

Ben X

I was only kidding about the two guesses!

Actually, taking another look, the two games are a lot more similar visually than I remember. I think I just prefer the art design of the first one.

Sadly I cannot see your picture but I seem to be the only one who ever gets these issues...

Amayirot Akago

I can see the picture just fine, but I'm withholding my answer in case anybody else knows.
Quote from: CaptainDMy suspicion is that an accident, probably caused by a lightning storm and a mad professor, resulted in Amayirot's brain becoming inextricably linked to the databases behind MobyGames and LemonAmiga.

brewton

That is surely Robotrek.

Danvzare

Quote from: brewton on Tue 28/02/2017 21:48:42
That is surely Robotrek.
That is correct. Great game. It took me a decade to finally get past the final boss.
Your turn.

Ben X

Exciting update: the picture's showing for me now!

brewton

Amayirot Akago

Quote from: CaptainDMy suspicion is that an accident, probably caused by a lightning storm and a mad professor, resulted in Amayirot's brain becoming inextricably linked to the databases behind MobyGames and LemonAmiga.

brewton

Absolutely correct.

Amayirot Akago

I knew it was, I still gotta play that game sometime ;)

[imgzoom]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/57502026/walklikeanegyptian.png[/imgzoom]

Amayirot Akago

Nothing yet, so a hint: RPG.

Mandle

An Ultima game? The Avatar one or sequel?

Amayirot Akago

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk