MAGS September "Sometimes Evil Wins" (VOTING)

Started by Stupot, Fri 02/09/2022 05:39:51

Previous topic - Next topic

What is your favourite game of MAGS September?

The Stinker by Slasher
2 (13.3%)
Siren by GOC Games
7 (46.7%)
Unfair by ZapZap
6 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Voting closed: Fri 21/10/2022 02:03:09

Slasher

Quote from: heltenjon on Mon 26/09/2022 19:07:04Is that the same guy with four different hair colours? Colour me intrigued.
And different clothes  (laugh)

Slasher

Slasher announces

The Stinker

4 Chapters of damage and chaos!

https://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/2632-the-stinker

If you have any problems downloading / playing or find an issue please don't let me be the last to know... Thank you....

Slasher

heltenjon

I finished playing The Stinker, and have to admit that I thoroughly enjoyed causing wanton destruction. (laugh)
Possible bug:
Spoiler
On the construction site, I could break a window without the pebbles. After that, the chapter would not end, so I guess that window didn't count into the score.
[close]
Good one, Slasher!                                                                                                 

Slasher

I will look into it,, Cheers

From what I can see only Pebbles can be used to break the 6 windows.... Try that again please..

Windows=6....

You need to do damage to most things to end chapter..

ZapZap

I'm gonna simplify the ending so I can start wrapping it up... 
Anyway, an extension to work on it until Sunday would be appreciated  :cry:
I'll try your game over the weekend Slasher
"Loose ends have a way of strangling you"

Slasher

heltenjon I have found what you discovered....It was an interact window instead of use inv.. Now corrected, and all window Interact/lookat done (Mercer).. Well spotted mate...

Would previous players please replay new build, if need be?

ZipZat if an extension is OK with Stu it's OK with me....

ddavey1983

Siren
by GOC Games

It's nighttime in the City of Angels. Two cops approach end of watch on a busy night shift. Then there's one last call...

A short point and click adventure game made by GOC Games in one month for MAGS September 2022.

https://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/2633-siren/

OneDollar

Some interesting entries, looking forward to playing them.

I did come up with a (totally original, not at all copyright infringing) idea for this... on the 20th. Life's too busy to finish it for the deadline so I'm just going to work on it in my own time. Here's a little teaser screenshot until then:

heltenjon

Title suggestion for OneDollar:
Spoiler
Among Them.
[close]
:-D

Slasher

Really looking good guys......

Looking forward  (nod)

Stupot

Quote from: ZapZap on Wed 28/09/2022 21:19:06I'm gonna simplify the ending so I can start wrapping it up... 
Anyway, an extension to work on it until Sunday would be appreciated  :cry:
I'll try your game over the weekend Slasher

Sorry to reply late to this. A small extension would suit me too. I'll add three days. So that's the end of Monday.

Of course anyone who's already submitted is free to use that time to iron out some creases or add whole new features   (nod)

ZapZap

Lol just read that!
I've been working hard on it all afternoon and evening.
I've got a game without music, I would search for it and put more animations... but I'm exhausted.
I'm not very happy with the result (the puzzles were written too fast for this type of game and I don't have any experience), but here it is.

Unfair
https://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/2635-unfair/

Slasher

ZapZap

heltenjon

Played courtroom drama to an end and enjoyed it immensely.  (nod)

Edit: Bug report:
Spoiler
The game crashes if you try to load a saved game before making your first save.
[close]
Possible gaffe:
Spoiler
The nurse is called "she" and "her" during the first testimony, yet turns out to be a man. There's nothing hinting at cross-dressing or anything, so it looks like a mistake.
[close]

Stupot

Sorry for the delay.

We have 3 wonderful entries to play and vote on.
Hopefully you've all been playing the games and thinking about which game to vote for. Now is your chance.
Please vote using the poll above.

The Stinker
by Slasher
Siren
by GOC Games
Unfair
by ZapZap

heltenjon

I've forgotten to give feedback here. Three good games!

The Stinker by Slasher:
Spoiler
As usual, very humorous game from this creator and compellingly funny characters. Basically, I got to do everything I would think was stupid in real life in terms of vandalism, and had a great time doing so.
[close]

Siren by GOC Games:
Spoiler
Creepy and effective use of darkness, which I normally don't like, but in this setting, it works fine. Two characters to play makes the game more grounded, yet it's clearly a horror game. Some puzzles are old classics and while good, they didn't appeal to me because I've done them before. But the puzzles outside the building work very well.
[close]

Unfair by ZapZap:
Spoiler
Well written story and well implemented limited interface suited for the game type. I enjoyed uncovering more of the story and trying to win the case.
[close]

I voted for
Spoiler
Unfair.
[close]

pell

When does voting end? I still have to play ddavey1983's game.

heltenjon

Quote from: pell on Mon 17/10/2022 12:14:27When does voting end? I still have to play ddavey1983's game.
Voting ends 21.October. You can find it in fine print on top of the page, on the voting banner.  (nod)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk