🏆 AGS Awards 2023 - For Your Consideration

Started by cat, Mon 01/01/2024 10:32:26

Previous topic - Next topic

cat

Have you made a game in 2023 and want it to compete in the AGS Awards 2023? This is the topic where to showcase it!
Post a database link, a brief description and some pictures (thumbnails preferred, here is an excellent FYC post from last year).

Do not be shy, by posting your game you are helping the players who will take some of their time to play/nominate/vote!

Usual remarks:
  • Please include a link to your games page on the AGS games database
  • If you think a game deserves mention but the author isn't around, post an FYC for them! The more worthy games we get here, the better it is for everyone!
  • This thread is for FYC posts only, if you want to discuss the awards go here!

For your consideration:

AN ENGLISH HAUNTING - DEMO

Trailer:

A madness for spiritualism has gripped London in 1907. Séances and theatrical shows where spirits make contact with their living families are all the rage, and there are a legion of investigators trying to discover the secrets of the supernatural. Among them, Professor Patrick Moore stands at the forefront, and he is now at a crossroads ‒ he's got 72 hours to prove the existence of the Great Beyond or else his Metapsychic Investigations Department will shut down forever.

Racing against the clock, with the help of a fake medium named Beatrice Shaw, he must complete a prototype of the Box of Revelations, an artefact devised by his missing mentor that enables seeing dimensions hidden in our reality. Building this device will take him from the foggy streets of London to the steep shores of Scotland, and finally to 34 Benwell Street, known as the most haunted manor of England.

Screenshots:

Please consider for:

• Best demo

CaptainD

For Your Consideration:

Captain Disaster and the Two Worlds of Riskara - Demo

Everyone's favourite space-faring nitwit is back, and better than ever!

Featuring beautiful graphics and animation by Lorenzo and an triumphant original music score by Viking, the demo introduces you to the fringes of what will become a truly epic plot featuring centuries-old mysteries and a species thought to be extinct, all wrapped up in a series of devious puzzles and jokes so awful that they'll cause you physical pain.

In-game animations:

Trailers:

Screenshots:

Please consider for Best Demo!

AGS Games Page

Demo available from:

rongel

For Your Consideration
DREAMS IN THE WITCH HOUSE

Dreams in the Witch House is a genre-bending mix of point and click adventure and a survival RPG. Guide Walter Gilman, as he prepares to face the dreaded May-Eve witch ritual in the legend-haunted city of Arkham. Choose your own approach and reveal the secret of the Witch House before it's too late.
Based on the short story by H.P. Lovecraft.

Please consider for:

• Best Game of the Year
  • Best Audio
  • Best Visuals
  • Best Writing
  • Best Programming
  • Best Character
  • Best Gameplay
Dreams in the Witch House on Steam & GOG

Honza

For your consideration:

On a distant desert planet, a crime has been committed. As Mother Tiabata and Sister Ava set out to solve the mystery, they soon find themselves facing an impossible conundrum: how does one murder a god?

Shards of God is a retro hand-painted point and click murder mystery - think Agatha Christie in a fantasy/sci-fi setting. It was originally started as part of AdvJam2023, and the full game was then finished within two months.

Check it out here:
ITCH | AGS database

Please consider for:

• Best Game of the Year
  • Best Freeware Game
  • Best Short Game
  • Best Audio
  • Best Visuals
  • Best Writing
  • Best Character (Mother Tiabata)
  • Best Gameplay

Ponch

For your consideration...

Barn Runner - The Forever Friday, Chapter 5
My own personal vaporware albatross became a gaming reality just as 2023 drew to a close! This installment of the larger Barn Runner saga sees Dr. Noriko doing her part to prevent Arcology 19 from falling into the chaos and destruction that claimed her home years before. By far the biggest game I have ever made with AGS (and a modern version of the engine to boot! I'm finally getting with the times, young people!  :cheesy:  ), I hope you see fit to show it a little love.  :kiss:

A city in ruins! A player in disguise!

Old characters return. New characters are introduced!

Puzzles of all kinds!

And so very many flashbacks and cutaways!

This game is packed with dialog, puzzles, NPCs, and new details and lore about the old ancient classic world of Barn Runner, wrapped in lengthy, lovingly crafted cutscenes!

AGS Database
Announcement Thread 

Please consider it for the following categories:
* Best Freeware Game
* Best Visuals
* Best Writing
* Best Gameplay
* Best Character (Noriko)
* IRL RAM Ghost Special Achievement for Escaping Digital Purgatory  :=

RootBound

FOR YOUR CONSIDERATION:

TUNNEL VISION

https://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/2685-tunnel-vision/

PLAYTHROUGH AND WALKTROUGH HERE:
https://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/forums/hints-tips/tunnel-vision-walkthrough/

Please consider for:
-Best Game
-Best Freeware Game
-Best Writing
-Best Visuals
-Best Audio (original music)
-Best Gameplay
-Best Programming

Thanks so much to everyone who has played, reviewed, and commented on this game already!
They/them. Here are some of my games:

RootBound

I also released 2 Non-adventure MAGS entries this year.

FOR YOUR CONSIDERATION: BEST NON-ADVENTURE GAME
MAD JACK: BREAKDOWN SHAKEDOWN
https://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/2676-mad-jack-breakdown-shakedown/

FOR YOUR CONSIDERATION: BEST NON-ADVENTURE GAME
SUPER AUTHOR SIMULATOR 2023
https://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/2702-super-author-simulator-2023/

RootBound

And finally, I released this tiny little MAGS game that manages to have a complete story, as well as some visuals and original music I'm proud of. Not very noticeable in the grand scheme of games released this year, but it was my first completed game and remains close to my heart.  :)

FOR YOUR CONSIDERATION:

ELEVATION

https://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/2671-elevation/

PLEASE CONSIDER FOR:
-Best Short Game
-Best Visuals
-Best Character (Broken Bot)
-Best Character (Captain Phoebe)
-Best Writing

Thanks very much :)

FocusHillGames

For Your Consideration:

Pirate Theme Park - A Short Adventure

Database
Itch link

Trailer:

Pirate Theme Park is an adventure game comedy... a boy wanders through a pirate theme park, under a mysterious spell.
Help him break the spell and escape the theme park!
Full of jokes and fun characters, but with a spooky dreamlike vibe.

Screenshots:

Please consider for:
Best Game of the Year
Best Writing
Best Visuals
Best Audio
Best Gameplay

Rik_Vargard

FOR YOUR CONSIDERATION:

DOWNLOADS :

[Enter Name] has grown up in the orphanage of Metro City, capital of planet Antoryos, and thus has been given a role to participate in society by becoming a police officer.
with police academy friend Darcy they choose to patrol at night because of the ambient created by the lights of the city.

PLEASE CONSIDER FOR:
- Best Freeware Game
- Best Short Game
- Best Audio
- Best Visuals

Thank you very much!  (nod)

Ramorama

Yip Quest

Play Raga, Ram and Kog, three kobolds who wants to steal the treasures from the castle, but have to find a way to fool the guard in order to get entrance to the treasury.

Raga (blue kobold) has not only wits, but has also an eye for details.

Ram (yellow kobold) has the strength of 10 kobolds and is the swashbuckler of the gang.

Kog (red kobold) loves to drink beyond his thirst and is the skinniest of them all.

This is a short point and click fantasy comedy mix with three kobolds. If you loved playing Gobliiins, you might love this adventure game as well.

This AGS game was made for the $107 Adventure Challenge jam in 2023.

Screenshots

Please consider for:
-Best Short Game
-Best Freeware Game
-Best Visuals
-Best Character
-Best Gameplay

FransisKransis

For Your Consideration: Stormwater (Early Access)

Stormwater has a demo available, and is a point and click adventure game. Its also got 90's FPS style gameplay, and social-sim systems, and some light RPG elements, etc. 

Most relevantly to the AGS awards, the demo for the game on Itch is free, so anyone can try it out.

AGS Database: https://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/2718-stormwater-early-access-/
Itch: https://thinking-of-cremation.itch.io/stormwater

Please consider Stormwater for:
-Best Demo, of course

lorenzo

For your consideration:

LINK!

Teleia: a self-sufficient island separated from the outside world that has seen no poverty, unemployment, or crime for 60 years.
Until now.
When a brutal murder is committed you are called from the mainland to investigate. Discover the secrets of the island, find the killer, and their motives! Not everything is as it seems...

Please consider this game for:

Best Freeware Game: you don't pay for it!
Best Short Game: can be completed in half an hour! Even less if you have already played it!
Best Audio: Arman's soundtrack is amazing, check it out!
Best Visuals: it's 1080p, is this the future of game resolutions or something?!
Best Gameplay: you even type in the game, is this amazing gameplay or what?

AbsurdumCodice

For your consideration:

Trapped on the Balcony

Trapped on the Balcony is a free small classic adventure with a simple premise strongly focused on solving puzzles, although it does have some exploration and dialogue. My goal was to create a compact but fun experience with eye-catching visuals, and the best praise I can give the game is that I think it lives up to those expectations perfectly.

Screenshots:

Please consider Trapped on the Balcony for:

-Best short game about being trapped on a balcony  ;)

Link to database entry

Get the game for free on Itch.io

heltenjon

@elentgirl @ddavey1983  @arj0n @Yanek_Crispbread  Have you forgotten to make a post about your games?

Yanek_Crispbread

For your consideration...

Abscission is a Lovecraftian, story-driven horror point-and-click investigation game.
It involves searching crime scenes for evidence, combining clues and questioning suspects.
Puzzles can have multiple solutions as you guide the protagonist - Detective Will Stanhope - through the story.

Stanhope will sometimes be presented with alternative ways to handle a conversation, based on four temperaments:

Melancholic (detail oriented)
Phlegmatic (calm)
Sanguine (sociable)
Choleric (driven)

There is no one approach that works best for all conversations, and Stanhope will need to use all of them in order to be the best he can be.

This game adapts to your choices.
People will remember how Stanhope spoke to them and may respond differently in the future, so consider each response carefully. Will Stanhope's destiny is in your hands.
Choose wisely.

Please consider for:
Best Audio
Best Gameplay
Best Programming
Best Game of the Year

Much love, stay fleshy!

Correlation is not causation.

Stupot

@Yanek_Crispbread You're too late for adding your game to the FYC thread. However, you needn't worry as Abscission has already been shortlisted for several categories.:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk