FoY - special xmas intro!

Started by , Fri 17/01/2003 12:25:36

Previous topic - Next topic

Miez

Quote from: m0ds on Thu 03/04/2003 22:45:23
And as if by magic, we just got mentioned on two German websites,

Verdammt noch mal! Dass ist ja eine schöne Sache! Und soweiter ... my German sucks a bit, but it is good enough to read those previews ... wow, they make it sound so ... so ... professional! :)

**** HURRAY - TEH 100TH REPLY !!!1!!1!! ***

m0ds

LoL! Supposedly FoY has been mentioned on German television too (Giga TV). Oh well, thrills! I've been snowed under with emails, I'll pass them on to you Misja...and Alan... and Shawn.

;)
m0ds

Mennuz

My god..I always wanted to rock with artwork.. but i feel retarded now :)  :'( O you're goood

Matt Frith

Giga Tv, i remember seeing that in Switzerland once.  At first i thought it was teh pr0n :(

Anyway, hurry and finish and we can all be amazed etc etc

*Tier Sleeps*

Miez

Quote from: Tier on Sat 05/04/2003 10:42:38
Giga Tv, i remember seeing that in Switzerland once.  At first i thought it was teh pr0n

Ah, no, that's for our next project: Indiana Jones and the Nazi Mistresses of Schloss Schwanzenstein. We'll finish this one first though :)

Melkhiore

Can you tell me how did you did all those magnificent backgrounds?
Melkh

danny*

i'm not the one to answer this question,...but i just can't help it!!(sorry Miez) :)
well,...let's see..:
he has talent!
he worked hard to reach a skill level like this!
he has patience!
he has imagination!
he loves drawing!
he has studied various styles and techniques(maybe)!
...and more!!!
;)

Miez

Hell no! I just downloaded IndianaJonesBackgroundCreator! (don't use the v1.0 version though; it has no bullwhip.plugin and the nazis look like shit).

Just kidding; it really looks harder than it is: if you can draw (a little), have some imagination and perseverance, you'll get there. Just study the original artwork and (obligatory input device ad) get yourself a tablet and pen. Or stick with a mouse and get RSI ;)

Melkhiore

Well what i realy wanted to know is
Did you painted them and then scaneg or colored them on your computer?
And how are made bg's from Indy FoA?
Thanks
Melkh

Adamski

Wow, if only Blackstar... or Borkstar... or whatever his name was could see this now. Or infact anyone at indyproject that gave you flak over FoY could see this.

m0ds

LoL DS, you'll notice they kept rather quiet about it when I mentioned it a couple of months back ;)

http://forum.amberfisharts.com/showthread.asp?id=3811

:)
m0ds

m0ds

Misja made a start up screen, and very nice it is!

Gonzo

Wow, that looks great. Misja's done an awesome job there.

Just out of curiosity, how can you be sure Lucasfilm won't shut this down? They've issued 'cease and desist' to various different projects that intrude on their intellectual properties or whatever before. I sure hope you're not gonna have that problem, because the game looks fantastic.

The Indy trilogy are probably still my favourite films ever since I first got into them, and another Indy game can only be a good thing. Provided it isn't Desktop Adventures 2, which I wouldn't be too chuffed about.

Edit: Not that I think there should be any competition, let alone animosity, between the projects, hats off to you for making an original Indy game and not continuing the Atlantis story. I just feel that Fate Of Atlantis capped off the entire Atlantis thing so finally that a direct sequel seems just a bit awkward. It's good that people are making these games though.

Trapezoid

Er, wouldn't this be of more concern to LucasFilm than LucasArts? Which might actually be safer, since LucasFilm are probably further away from their community than LucasArts.

Vel

Miez

I just hope we don't get into problems with LucasArts (and/or LucasFilm) about the use of Indy's portrait - but I can always chuck it out, and put something else in ...

Gonzo

Quote from: Trapezoid on Wed 09/04/2003 01:08:36
Er, wouldn't this be of more concern to LucasFilm than LucasArts? Which might actually be safer, since LucasFilm are probably further away from their community than LucasArts.

Yeah, that's why I put Lucasfilm in my original post. I think it's less likely that Lucasfilm will get wind of it but I don't know their history of shutting down things like this.

Fingers crossed anyway.

Pet Terry

:o Great!

LucasArts won't shut this down because this looks so good ;)
<SSH> heavy pettering
Screen 7

AJA

Holy sh*t!  :o

Misja's art is unbelievable!

m0ds

Hehe thanks for all the comments, I'm sure Misja feels good now ;) As for the whole LucasArts/Films debate, well, between you and me, (and I hate dragging these debates out)... D'you really think I'd stop making it? I'll go to prison for all I care :)

m0ds

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk