Grr! Bearly Sane

Started by Duzz, Sun 28/12/2003 01:23:43

Previous topic - Next topic

Duzz

Almost exactly a year since my first ags release, Wintermute Studios (a.k.a Duzz) presents...

Grr! Bearly Sane

Grr explores the complex sociological issues relsulting from a struggle between a lower class carnival worker, and his tyranical employer...
And you get to hurt stuff!

Download it HERE (4.3 meg)
or visit my website HERE

And here's a Screenshot...

enjoy,
Duzz
Powerhoof - My new indie games company! | Wintermute Studios - My older AGS games: The Historical League of Bouncy Boxing, Grr! Bearly Sane,  Duzz Quest...

Matt Brown

played it. tested it. loved it.
you. play it.
word up

Nixxon

absolutely loved this. champion effort!
Release more or die!

Vel

Truly great game! I'm reviewing this in the next issue of the ezine.

Totoro

Great! I have been waiting for this since you posted your first screenshots long time ago. I got scared already something happened to it, so happy now  :D

Me

wow, great game. Hilarious!!

Timosity

Great game Duzz, I haven't got far yet, but I like what I see.

Excellent stuff

Duzz

thanks all,

QuoteI'm reviewing this in the next issue of the ezine.
i'm looking forward to reading it vel =) thanks.

QuoteRelease more or die!
I'm toying with the idea of having more little episodes based around the same character, like 'Grr! Daniel goes to the seaside' or something... only time will tell i guess...
Powerhoof - My new indie games company! | Wintermute Studios - My older AGS games: The Historical League of Bouncy Boxing, Grr! Bearly Sane,  Duzz Quest...

Nixxon

QuoteRelease more or die!
I'm toying with the idea of having more little episodes based around the same character, like 'Grr! Daniel goes to the seaside' or something... only time will tell i guess...

Oh the possibilities! :D

AGA

I loved this game! Loved the animations, loved the gruesome humour, loved the novel anger interface thing. Loved it all, great job!

EDIT: well, except the spelling. I noticed quite a lot of spelling mistakes,  more than I'd expect from a game of this length. Still, it didn't take too much away from the game's quality :)

sergiocornaga

Heh heh. More 'Grr' games would be great. I love shameless sequels. Oh, er, and shameful ones too.

Totoro

What a wonderful game indeed. After I posted my problem here I already found out, I could solve my problems by senseless violence again, hehehehe. Wonderful humor, wonderful character designs, wonderful texts. And nice song, Duzz ;) Great!

Tomus

I have to agree with the audience here. I have recently finished Grr! Bearly Sane and I appreciated much the anger meter feature and the atmosphere of the game. I think making a sequel is a great idea, but you should keep the game concentrated just in a few locations with high number of hotspots, characters and possible interactions, which fits the style most.  

Vel

Maybe make it non-linear...?

Eliantoguestmode

Great work Duzz!!! I'd like to see a full lenght game with the same character interface and anger-meter system!

PS: i'm stuck here
Spoiler
I've taken the gun. freed the seagull from the machine and kicked the dog... what I've to do now???
[close]

Ben

Played the whole thing yesterday. I love it. The graphics are wonderful, the music fits perfectly, and the scripting is brilliant..

*APPLAUSE*

AGA

Eliantoguestmode:

Spoiler
You should have a brick (from the skill tester) and a can of spray paint (from when you bust the vending machine). Combine these.
[close]

jannar85

Wow. Just played it some, and wow.. Great stuff!
An unusual interface though, but I got used to it.

I'm just too tired now, so I'll hit the bed and try more tomorrow morning. :)
Veteran, writer... with loads of unreleased games. Work in progress.

Duzz

yeah, i did go a bit crazy with the interface...

thanks for your praise everyone, it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside... which sucks cause it's too damn hot today....   ;)

Alynn

nod the interface completely had me confuddled at first, you may want to include a readme on how to use it next time, or maybe a popup on the gui itself (hurt, use, so on and so forth) Even though it appeared in the upper corner, it was a bit small for me to notice (In fact it wasn't until just before I finished the game that I realized that there was a label up there)

All in all pretty good, I just wish I had the patience to kick the dog 100 times then finish the game....

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk