MAGS May: "Sex" (Winner Announced) Probably NSFW

Started by Atelier, Thu 01/05/2014 18:40:20

Previous topic - Next topic

Atelier

Topic: 'Sex'

This month's guidelines were set by Krazy:

This month's MAGS theme is something the adventure game scene has been lacking ever since Leisure Suit Larry dropped off the radar (Reloaded doesn't count). SEX. Your MAGS game must be centred around the idea of naughty goings on. Whether you tackle it with silly tongue in cheek innuendo, tell a gentle erotic romance story or just address it head on with as much depraved filth* as can fit into AGS is your decision. How will you incorporate this risque requirement into your story/game? It's something we'll all have to wait and see with great antici.....pation.

* Atelier note: obviously, keep it legal.

Ending 31st May

__________________________________________________________________________________________

What is MAGS?

MAGS is a monthly competition for amateur adventure game makers. The idea is to create a game in under a month, following the rules set by the previous winner. It aims to help you work to a deadline, improve your skills, or provide a kick-start into making adventure games. Regardless of skill, MAGS is for everyone. Voting is based on "favorite" games, and not the most artistic, or the best coded. If you have bad art skills, use it as a chance to do some graphic work. If you're sub-standard at coding, use it as a chance to give scripting a go. Ultimately, people will vote for the most enjoyable entry.

You may get help for the competition, although you must end up doing something yourself. You should however be warned that it proves difficult to organize a big team within thirty days. You are not allowed to use material already created before this competition. Your game must be completely new! Music and sound is an exception; you can use free material that is available to the public, if you wish. Modules and templates are also allowed.

Entering MAGS is simple. First, conceptualise your game following the month's criteria (see top). Second, create your game fueled only by coffee. Finally, post your game in this thread, including:

âÅ"“ A working download link
âÅ"“ The title of your game
âÅ"“ A suitable in-game screenshot

At the end of the month, voting will begin, usually lasting for fifteen days. The winner chooses the next month's theme, and their name and game is immortalised in the MAGS Archive. For more information, please visit the Official MAGS website.

Retro Wolf

Krazy you naughty boy! I'm happy I lost now!

Hedge

Can I use graphics created by "krysis" ?

Eggie

I really *hope* Krysis consents to nude edits of his Ron sprites.
Please do, Krysis. For the team!

I am going to enter this and I might hopefully be teaming up with an incredible animator friend for it if he has the time. Exciting!

Atelier

Quote from: Hedge on Thu 01/05/2014 20:51:05

Well, I think I've said in the past that the RoN resources could be used provided it is also an entry to the series, and everybody has access to them. Would you be using them exclusively, and in their unedited form?

Armageddon

Such a great theme. I have an idea but I don't have time or resources to make it. Oh well, I look forward to everyones entries though.

Radiant

Is something up with the MAGS website? I'm seeing mags-competition.info show the guidelines from last June for some reason ???

Atelier

I haven't updated it for so long! It was down for a fair bit and I never got round to clearing the backlog. I intend to upload everything after my exams have finished, as it could take a while.

Krazy

Quote from: Oldschool_Wolf on Thu 01/05/2014 18:55:32
Krazy you naughty boy! I'm happy I lost now!

I hope that means you've got an idea for an entry!
My Stuffs:
Tumblr

Retro Wolf

Hedge

Quote from: Atelier on Thu 01/05/2014 22:30:11
Quote from: Hedge on Thu 01/05/2014 20:51:05

Well, I think I've said in the past that the RoN resources could be used provided it is also an entry to the series, and everybody has access to them. Would you be using them exclusively, and in their unedited form?

Hmm I wanted to rename a few places as I will be in  need for few chemist's schops (I wanted to use post office as one of the chemist's backgrounds) also I am not sure whether the relatioships of every character would match those from previous chapters, I did not played them all

Batsy

Well... after lurking/playing around with AGS for years, I started feeling okay about my ability to make a finished game, so why not jump in with a potentially very embarrassing monthly theme? ;)

I think I have an idea that I can make work, hopefully it will suitably fit the theme.
batbrigade -at- gmail

Hedge

Working Title = Urgent Quest

Download

Help Dave on his  sudden and urgent quest.

Note from author: It is my first game and I became a little overwhelmed  by the project. The game is still bugged and has 1/3 of its planed length. I will work on improving it. Yet to meet the criteria I upload what I managed to do in a month.

AprilSkies

Title:
SECOND PLACE IS FOR LOSERS

About:
Naughty goings on in bed may mean a lot of things. It may mean to have fun, it may mean to love someone, it may mean nothing... and sometimes it may mean procreation!
(Don't worry I said "sometimes").
There was a time when naughty goings on in bed was one of the most important event in your life:  that happended more or less 9 months before the day you was born.
During that, you started a race... It was the very first victory in your life... You were the first placed!
There are competitions where it's not important to win. In that kind of competion all positions are for losers but the first place. Even second place is for losers....

NOTE: The game may contain stylized images of body parts.  Nothing different from what you can find in the books of science in high school, but in the game you are asked to report your age. To play you have to be at least 18 years old.

NOTE 2: I didn't have so much time to work on it, so it not so good... It's very rough. I made it just for fun. Nothing more than a joke-game.

ScreenShots Here:
Spoiler
[close]
DOWNLOAD HERE

www.apemarina.altervista.org

Atelier

Nice one guys!

Ok, there's one day left - does anybody else out there have an entry?

Cassiebsg

@AprilSkies: I got this error after turning sounds off:
Spoiler
in "room3.asc", line 31
Error: Error running function 'room_AfterFdeIn':
Error: Null pointer referenced
[close]
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

AprilSkies

Quote from: Cassiebsg on Fri 30/05/2014 18:32:18
@AprilSkies: I got this error after turning sounds off:
Spoiler
in "room3.asc", line 31
Error: Error running function 'room_AfterFdeIn':
Error: Null pointer referenced
[close]

Hi Cassiebsg,
That's strange :/
Spoiler
I don't have line 31 in room 3 ! In my room 3 there are only 19 lines...
Just a question.. How did you turn music off? There's no GUI to turn the music off .
[close]

Retro Wolf

selmiak

AprilSkies

Uh uh.. I sould check, Wolf
(Selmiak don't laugh >:( ... ;) )
If so, please don't turn off volume.8-0

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk