Seventeen Uncles: A Pug's Life. 24th Feb ** Kickstarter & Greenlight now live **

Started by Seventeen Uncles, Mon 07/07/2014 23:30:19

Previous topic - Next topic

Seventeen Uncles

I am proud to present "Seventeen Uncles: A Pug's Life."

KICKSTARTER: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/268919490/seventeen-uncles-a-pugs-life

Kickstarter now live including £20 tier for PUG PLUSHIE + game + beta + OST + pdf artbook!

GREENLIGHT: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=370951351

[embed=640,390]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3pFjD36Z04[/embed]

After a deal with the devil goes horribly wrong you must quest to find your way to hell to confront the beast and rescue your love! Your quest will take you from the city, into space and back, into a gigantic termite mound and even to the pub. Quite the adventure for one small pug.

CLICK HERE FOR THE DEMO

links:

Main Site: www.seventeenuncles.com
Tumblr: www.seventeenuncles.tumblr.com
Twitter: https://twitter.com/SeventeenUncles

Development Progress:

Story: 30%
Scripting: 30%
Graphics: 30%
Sound/Music: 30%

selmiak

this sounds like a funny journey, keep it up!

Adeel

Quote from: selmiak on Tue 08/07/2014 00:34:00
this sounds like a funny journey, keep it up!

Indeed. I can't wait to play this game! :)

Darth Mandarb

Are these in game graphics?  I see no characters, no GUIs, no cursors...

Seventeen Uncles

Quote from: Darth Mandarb on Tue 08/07/2014 01:19:41
Are these in game graphics?  I see no characters, no GUIs, no cursors...

I wanted to post the backgrounds without clutter but you're right I shouldve posted in game screens. I'll replace them with in game screens within a day or two.

Thanks for the interest everyone!

Darth Mandarb

Okay. Let me know, via PM, when you have time to update and I'll unlock the thread.

Screenshots updated, thread unlocked.

Seventeen Uncles

thanks Mandarb.

update 11th July: added Armadillo character art (he owns an occult bookshop) edit: and Termite 1 art.

monkey424

You just don't see enough octopuses tattooing elephants these days.  (nod)

This looks like a weird game with a style echoing Ren & Stimpy and I'm sure it'll be a scream to play! :-D

Fitz

With the grub farm, I was getting more of a Futurama vibe -- with a hint of Gish. And I love cephalopods, they are so cute and squishy!

Seventeen Uncles

i'd say both of those have inspired me over the years!

update: added Octatatto studio.

Retro Wolf

Do I detect a hint of Adventure Time?

Looking good! Going to keep my eye on this one!

Seventeen Uncles

ren and stimpy, futurama and adventure time! i am in good company!

re-done the tattooshop, now with added tattooishness.

selmiak

i know this is not the critiques longue but the octopus has lots of arms for a reason, give him some more needles ;)

Seventeen Uncles

Quote from: selmiak on Mon 14/07/2014 22:28:29
i know this is not the critiques longue but the octopus has lots of arms for a reason, give him some more needles ;)

ah yea, didnt even consider that!

Atelier

This looks really creative, nice work!

selmiak

*hopes for some weird dialoge involving how the octopus found a new meaning in life with needlepoint accuracy inksquirting* ;-D

Khris

I love the artwork, the pug is awesome :-D

Looking forward to playing this!

CaptainD

This looks weird and wonderful.  Possibly with a slight emphasis on weird. :grin:

Seventeen Uncles

Quote from: CaptainD on Thu 17/07/2014 14:08:34
This looks weird and wonderful.  Possibly with a slight emphasis on weird. :grin:
Quote from: Khris on Thu 17/07/2014 13:15:29

Quote from: selmiak on Wed 16/07/2014 23:47:13
*hopes for some weird dialoge involving how the octopus found a new meaning in life with needlepoint accuracy inksquirting* ;-D
Quote from: Atelier on Wed 16/07/2014 23:37:46
This looks really creative, nice work!

Thanks guys, i'll try not to disapoint.

remade the grub room, made it a bit more beehivey in there.

selmiak

did the cast grow bigger already? ;-D

Seventeen Uncles

just popping by to let you know work continues as planned.

Mandle

After having played a lot of dramatic style games lately, I'm really looking forward to playing something wacky like this one looks...

Oh....and your artwork is stunning!

Midian Design

I have 4 pugs, and this seems absolutely the game for me. You have completely understood the 'smart' expression of these dogs (which I do not consider dogs, in fact they are a breed that has little in common with dogs). Great idea :)

Seventeen Uncles

Quote from: Midian Design on Tue 05/08/2014 07:43:25
I have 4 pugs, and this seems absolutely the game for me. You have completely understood the 'smart' expression of these dogs (which I do not consider dogs, in fact they are a breed that has little in common with dogs). Great idea :)

Quote from: Mandle on Tue 05/08/2014 00:44:02
After having played a lot of dramatic style games lately, I'm really looking forward to playing something wacky like this one looks...

Oh....and your artwork is stunning!

thanks guys, i'll try not to disapoint. Todays update: Alleybat.

Seventeen Uncles

Meet Mys-Tick, the in game hint system. She lives on your head and if you speak to her will read your fortune and give you a tip on what to do next. But you have to give her a little bit of your delicious mammalian blood first!

Tabata

This is looking really gooood! 
The story, the idea, the graphics and even the hint system's name (laugh)
Mys-Tick might become my favorite character of this game :wink:

Looking forward to this one (nod)

Seventeen Uncles

Big Bumper update...

I only have 2 more ‘rooms' to draw before all the scenes are made for the first chapter (and what will become the demo.)

I'm going to complete the demo before doing any work on the rest of the game, for feedback etc.

Fitz

This game gets more and more epic every time you post an update. Loving the character design :)

Lasca

The Dr's office and the snailhouse are both awesome!

AprilSkies

I also love the character design!
Really looking forward to play the demo!
The news that there will be a demo makes me feel excited. :)

www.apemarina.altervista.org

Seventeen Uncles

Quote from: Fitz on Sun 31/08/2014 19:18:24
This game gets more and more epic every time you post an update. Loving the character design :)
Quote from: Lasca on Sun 31/08/2014 19:23:15
The Dr's office and the snailhouse are both awesome!
Quote from: AprilSkies on Sun 31/08/2014 21:15:11
I also love the character design!
Really looking forward to play the demo!
The news that there will be a demo makes me feel excited. :)
Quote from: CaptainD on Sun 31/08/2014 21:18:21
This looks absolutely wonderful!

Thanks for the kind comments everyone, i'll try not to disapoint!

just a quick update to say ive updated the social media links:

Tumblr: www.seventeenuncles.com (www.seventeenuncles.tumblr.com)
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Seventeen-Uncles-A-Pugs-Life/719504108118129
Twitter: https://twitter.com/SeventeenUncles

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: Seventeen Uncles on Tue 30/09/2014 19:50:23
Teaser Trailer
I love how the dog stares at human behind the camera after typing the last query (laugh).

formica

If the game is half as good as the teaser trailer I will definitely be playing  it (laugh)

selmiak

now this looks intriguing
Is there a release date set already or do you have one in mind?

Seventeen Uncles

Quote from: selmiak on Thu 02/10/2014 21:21:49
now this looks intriguing
Is there a release date set already or do you have one in mind?

is that a pugcup? :D

Nah no date set, i'll have a demo out by the end of the year hopefully (sooner rather than later hopefully), then we'll see how it progresses from there.

Quote from: formica on Wed 01/10/2014 09:23:42
If the game is half as good as the teaser trailer I will definitely be playing  it (laugh)

i'll see what I can do! thanks for the interest

Quote from: Crimson Wizard on Tue 30/09/2014 21:34:19
Quote from: Seventeen Uncles on Tue 30/09/2014 19:50:23
Teaser Trailer
I love how the dog stares at human behind the camera after typing the last query (laugh).

im glad that joke worked, thanks for watching!

selmiak

Quote from: Seventeen Uncles on Thu 02/10/2014 22:33:21
is that a pugcup? :D

of course it is, Khris made it:
Quote from: Khris on Thu 17/07/2014 13:15:29

Giraffadon

Congratulations.
This looks so unique.
The style,characters,locations...perfick!

It reminds me of Rocko's modern life and all those other quirky 90's nick toons.

Oh and a crab playing pool with a sloth, yes...just yes. (nod)

:-D

Seventeen Uncles

I have a competition on tumblr at the moment to chose an animal of your choice to star in A Pug's Life.
http://www.seventeenuncles.com/post/99834349293/100-follower-pugs-life-competition

Opening this up for entries in this thread (If you have a tumblr feel free to enter there.)

So follow that link, read the details, and post your entries here in this thread!

Tabata

Your cool game is in need of a mouse character â€" definitely!  :grin:

Dadalus

Hands off mouse characters :) (only joking)

I say a duckbill platypus.
This has been a 'Mouse fetishist' approved message.

selmiak

is there already a spider in the game? If not, I'm all for spider!

Atavismus

Spider makes sense indeed.
Otherwise, I vote for the dodo (Raphus cucullatus) coz it's already a caricature. :D
Btw, I want to add that your game and style look hilarous.
Congratz!

Giraffadon

faerieevenstar

I'm a mad cat lady, so there must be a cat. but not just any cat, an evil genius that can play the piano despite the lack of opposable thumbs (or perhaps he engineered a way to have those thumbs?!?) He composes piano concertos to soothe his evil mind when he's not otherwise obsessed with annihilating dogs. He's also overweight and practically spherical.

I got a bit carried away there.... This is essentially the personality I attributed to my cat Tiggy, who always had *that* look about him, and he passed away nearly a year ago now on the 30th October. I know Tiggy is not a sinister enough name, so feel free to change it if it gets used!  We were always convinced he was plotting things when we weren't there, and I don't remember how it came about, but we used to joke that he was writing piano concertos...

This is him plotting whilst looking out across his territory..

Spoiler
[close]

and this is my favourite picture, because I made him wear a Christmas hat :-D

Spoiler
[close]

And finally, because there wasn't a good view of his face:

Spoiler
[close]

Darth Mandarb

faerieevenstar

Should the competition be moved to Rumpus Room or somewhere similarly off topic? Or can we just bring this post back to being about production?

Darth Mandarb

Nah it's okay to post the contest entries in here. 

Just the posting of the cat pictures (they're in "hide" tags so I didn't alter them to links like I normally would) is a good way to start off topic posts talking about your [adorable] kitty.

That's all; carry on!

faerieevenstar

Ahh, he just said to post references, so I did, but I hid them like a good girl. I'll be quiet now ;)

Giraffadon

selmiak

lol, I had to look this beast up. This is a very educational game! :-D

Cassiebsg

I don't get it... who/what won?
All I can see is a list of the suggestions. ???
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Tabata

KodiakBehr

A good choice indeed.  Goes well with the other animals.

Cassiebsg

faerieevenstar

Congrats to the winner! I think Tiggy would have approved anyway, though he never met one...

rickious

Awesome graphics, excellent animation, and love the inventive theme and story! Cant wait to play this one! (laugh)
--COMING SOON--
'Body Pharm' beta demo.

Body Pharm - coming soon!

rickious

--COMING SOON--
'Body Pharm' beta demo.

rickious

FEEDBACK
Love it!
I love the graphics, the storyline, the crazy whacky surreal setting and characters.

How far does the demo go? does it have an end? Dont want to bang my head against a wall looking for things that are not there.  Really like it though, cant wait to hear SFX, music and hopefully voice acting?
--COMING SOON--
'Body Pharm' beta demo.

Seventeen Uncles

Quote from: rickious on Tue 30/12/2014 21:02:37
FEEDBACK
Love it!
I love the graphics, the storyline, the crazy whacky surreal setting and characters.

How far does the demo go? does it have an end? Dont want to bang my head against a wall looking for things that are not there.  Really like it though, cant wait to hear SFX, music and hopefully voice acting?

thanks man, really appreciate that!

yea absolutely has an end (when it thanks you for playing and has the animation of the beetle taxi.)

certainly plan on voice acting, sfx and music for the full release.

Cassiebsg

I've tried a bit of the demo and love the graphic, animations and gui, great job there but...

Spoiler

I really don't like the font. Sorry, I know you probably put in a lot of hard work on it, but I find it hard to read as being so big. Maybe if it was smaller it would work, I can't say.
Spoiler

Haven't tried much more than the first task, as the mentioned above problem, made me want to stop.
[close]
[close]

rickious

Cassiebsg
I personally love the font from an artistic point of view, but its a little 'form over function', not as easy to read as I would have liked.  Maybe smaller with a more contrasting colour? or outline? id hate to see it go, especially as it looks (am i wrong?) like your own creation.

*EDIT*
Downloading the updated demo now.... :)
--COMING SOON--
'Body Pharm' beta demo.

Seventeen Uncles

Quote from: rickious on Tue 06/01/2015 20:48:50
Cassiebsg
I personally love the font from an artistic point of view, but its a little 'form over function', not as easy to read as I would have liked.  Maybe smaller with a more contrasting colour? or outline? id hate to see it go, especially as it looks (am i wrong?) like your own creation.

*EDIT*
Downloading the updated demo now.... :)
Quote from: Cassiebsg on Tue 06/01/2015 19:41:24
I've tried a bit of the demo and love the graphic, animations and gui, great job there but...

Spoiler

I really don't like the font. Sorry, I know you probably put in a lot of hard work on it, but I find it hard to read as being so big. Maybe if it was smaller it would work, I can't say.
Spoiler

Haven't tried much more than the first task, as the mentioned above problem, made me want to stop.
[close]
[close]
thanks for the feedback guys, luckily the font isnt mine so im not offended :D

i'll try out some new ones, its really hard to find a good font that isnt boring!

Cassiebsg

You could just try and make it smaller and see if that works better? (nod)

Chicky

It's been a pleasure seeing your progress on this, I absolutely LOVE the teaser trailer! I now have great confidence in your ability to make me giggle Pug, err, Seventeen Uncles.

So many unique characters, can't wait :)

CrashPL

Ah yes, it's always great to see a new post of SU: APL on my tumblr dash. :D Awesome trailer, man!

Seventeen Uncles

Quote from: CrashPL on Wed 07/01/2015 22:56:15
Ah yes, it's always great to see a new post of SU: APL on my tumblr dash. :D Awesome trailer, man!
Quote from: Chicky on Wed 07/01/2015 18:30:00
It's been a pleasure seeing your progress on this, I absolutely LOVE the teaser trailer! I now have great confidence in your ability to make me giggle Pug, err, Seventeen Uncles.

So many unique characters, can't wait :)

thanks! dont forget to try the demo!  http://seventeenuncles.itch.io/seventeen-uncles-a-pugs-life-alpha?secret=hidH0x8hlHUIvULE7VwWQX9lpkY

Cassiebsg

I got a glitch for you...
Spoiler

The entire scene with the doctor just "skipped" on me, no text was displayed like it's seen on the trailer. :(
[close]

Still playing... :-D

Seventeen Uncles

Quote from: Cassiebsg on Mon 19/01/2015 19:14:35
I got a glitch for you...
Spoiler

The entire scene with the doctor just "skipped" on me, no text was displayed like it's seen on the trailer. :(
[close]

Still playing... :-D

yea the trailer was shot with the current non-demo build which has some extra bits here and there, including lots of voice acting which you can see a preview of here:

http://seventeenuncles.tumblr.com/post/108537571233/more-voice-acting-completed-about-a-3rd-of-the

Cassiebsg

ah, okay, so that scene isn't complete on the demo. (roll)

Sorry, can only see a picture, no video or sound files, but looking forward to a talky version. (nod)

selmiak

just finished the demo and loved it! I can't wait to go even deeper and meet even more of these crazy weirdo characters.

Spoiler
I had to ask mys tick for help for the dart+ink+*notspoilingeverything riddle. Did I miss any clues? I was a bit distracted while playing, because drinks, so maybe I missed some obvious clues, but as much fun it was I think I didn't miss any clues on that one. So some clue by the bartender or the dartplayer would help there maybe...
[close]

Michael2968

I had fun playing your demo. I am looking forward to the full game.

ManicMatt

Fitz

Seventeen Uncles

Kickstarter now live including £20 tier for PUG PLUSHIE + game + beta + OST + pdf artbook!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk