Jibble

Author Topic: Life of D. Duck 3 interest check?  (Read 2036 times)

LeChuck

• The three first nicks I tested were taken... :(
    • LeChuck worked on one or more games that was nominated for an AGS Award!
Life of D. Duck 3 interest check?
« on: 06 Apr 2015, 18:44 »
Does anyone still care for or remember Life of D. Duck? Or should this remain a remnant of the previous decade?

I've uploaded some footage from the wee beginnings of Life of D. Duck 3, thought to be a sort of Ducktales adventure. Game was last worked on in 2009... D. Duck would of course find a way to tag along:

Yes, even Life of D. Duck uses placeholder dialogue and artwork/animations. 8-)

Scavenger

• Cavefish
  • In Four Glorious Colours!
    • I can help with animation
    • I can help with backgrounds
    • I can help with characters
    • I can help with scripting
    • Scavenger worked on one or more games that won an AGS Award!
    •  
    • Scavenger worked on one or more games that was nominated for an AGS Award!
Re: Life of D. Duck 3 interest check?
« Reply #1 on: 06 Apr 2015, 23:20 »
I loved Life of D. Duck and it's sequel! The puzzles were imaginative, and the aesthetic and writing were so... bizarre and naive that I couldn't get enough of it.

If you release a third one, I'll play it in a heartbeat.

Snarky

• Global Moderator
  • Global Moderator
  • Mittens Lord
  • Private Insultant
    • Best Innovation Award Winner 2018, for his numerous additions to the AGS open source ecosystem including the new Awards Ceremony client and modules
    • Snarky worked on one or more games that won an AGS Award!
    •  
    • Snarky worked on one or more games that was nominated for an AGS Award!
« Reply #2 on: 07 Apr 2015, 08:15 »
Yeah, I also loved D. Duck. In (ocean) spirit they're sort of OSD games before their time; I love how below the surface of the rough-seeming graphics and writing they're actually really well-constructed games. Plus those insectoid nephews still creep me out.

Some of the jokes were also delightfully obscure, with weird Norwegian-English puns and references to very minor characters from the Donald Duck comics. Using DuckTales might make it slightly more accessible to a broader audience, maybe?
« Last Edit: 07 Apr 2015, 08:26 by Snarky »

monkey424

• I'm a coffee achiever
    • monkey424 worked on one or more games that was nominated for an AGS Award!
« Reply #3 on: 07 Apr 2015, 10:15 »
I loved D.Duck 2! Never played D.Duck 1 (or D.Duck 3 for that matter) but will definitely give both a go one day. I don't know why I started with 2, but then again I played Duzz Quest 2 before 1, so maybe that's just me. :-\

Trapezoid

• ?????????????
    • Trapezoid worked on one or more games that won an AGS Award!
    •  
    • Trapezoid worked on one or more games that was nominated for an AGS Award!
« Reply #4 on: 09 Apr 2015, 06:59 »
All I've played is part of D. Duck 2, but it's very intriguing and impressive. So, yes.

Ali

• What will become of the baron?
    • Ali worked on one or more games that won an AGS Award!
    •  
    • Ali worked on one or more games that was nominated for an AGS Award!
« Reply #5 on: 09 Apr 2015, 09:46 »
I love D. Duck! Please do more!

LeChuck

• The three first nicks I tested were taken... :(
    • LeChuck worked on one or more games that was nominated for an AGS Award!
« Reply #6 on: 09 Apr 2015, 21:36 »
Good to hear there's still some interest in Bjørnar's universe! :smiley: There's no way I could port the interface over to the latest AGS version (believe me, I've tried!), so v2.72 would hopefully still do it. :-[

Snarky

• Global Moderator
  • Global Moderator
  • Mittens Lord
  • Private Insultant
    • Best Innovation Award Winner 2018, for his numerous additions to the AGS open source ecosystem including the new Awards Ceremony client and modules
    • Snarky worked on one or more games that won an AGS Award!
    •  
    • Snarky worked on one or more games that was nominated for an AGS Award!
« Reply #7 on: 09 Apr 2015, 22:39 »
I'm sure someone could help you with that. It's just a pretty standard verb coin, isn't it? Shouldn't be too hard.

« Reply #8 on: 11 Apr 2015, 17:48 »
I loved those games! But I thought it would have been even more awesome if you did a similar-style game based on some other cartoon series, like Bonkers or Darkwing Duck.