Sprite Jam May 27 - June 04

Started by Ali, Tue 27/05/2003 13:13:22

Previous topic - Next topic

Ali

Okay here goes....

Sprites based upon the theme of:
                         "The reason I couldn't get to work yesterday was..."

You know, like a guy on the phone to his boss with his foot in a shark's mouth. Something like that.

Specifications:
250X200 pixels and 256 colours please.

Is that okay?

Privateer Puddin'

n3tgraph

okay here's my entry, a bit fast but oh well :)

here goes:

* N3TGraph airguitars!

wOoDz

n3tgraph

lol,

tell me you got the inspiration from police acadamy :), it can't miss :)
* N3TGraph airguitars!

wOoDz

you've seen it too lol?! ......
i just noticed i need to learn how to spell! i wouldn't care but i had to feck about to get the text to fit and be big enuff to read! :-[

*goes to find batteries for his speak 'n' spell*

woodz

SLaMgRInDeR

(   (   ( <( -_-)> )   )   )

Eggie

flurp.

Evil

SLaMgRInDeR

im not sure if you're allowed to enter sprite jams twice, but if u are...

(its the "my suitcase came a alive and chased me down the street" exuse)

remixor

These seem to be turning into mini-Background Blitzes lately, except for evil's in this case.  I'm not really complaining, just making an observation :)
Writer, Idle Thumbs!! - "We're probably all about video games!"
News Editor, Adventure Gamers

SLaMgRInDeR

yeh, well it is kinda pretty hard to come up with a single sprite showing a whole reason why they couldnt come to work, and be inventive at the same time.

Evil

I did it... Now, if I can do it, you can...

TheYak

I agree, a single sprite is difficult for this one, unless it's an animation.  However, I tried to keep a sprite-y feel to this one:

The reason I couldn't get to work yesterday was...

(You might say he had "personal" reasons)

SLaMgRInDeR

so... Ali, pick ur winner... or is that on sunday?

TheYak

Quote from: SLaMgRInDeR on Sat 31/05/2003 08:41:00
so... Ali, pick your winner... or is that on sunday?

*Yakspit points upward to the thread topic listed on every post.*

SLaMgRInDeR

oh, i couldnt be bothered to work out what day june the 4th was, or look at a callender, i just asumed it would be from monday to friday. :P ::)

Evil

May has 31 days, So May 27 to May forth is 8 days. It will be over Wednesday... And it is a "sprite" jam so lets see some more sprites...

TheYak

Evil you definately get some kudos for making yours very "spritey."  However, one must note that it matches 95% of the example description for the jam.  ::)

Evil

Privateer Puddin'

TheYak

Quote from: evil on Sat 31/05/2003 22:21:48
What to you mean Yak?

Well, the example Ali gives in his first post is: "You know, like a guy on the phone to his boss with his foot in a shark's mouth. Something like that. "  The difference between that and yours is that it's a bear trap instead of a shark.  =]  Still a good sprite though, excellent work.

Evil

* Evil starts a new one because Yak thinks he is cheating
:)

TheYak

I know the smiley's there.  I just want it to be clear.. I don't think you're cheating.  I think you stuck the closest to the rules.. I just think it's not the most original entry.  ;D  Of course, originality is not always prerequisite.

Evil

Happy Yak? :) I know there is some bad spots but I wanted to have it done... I'll fix it later...

TheYak

Screw you, that's awesome.  Excellent job, original and spritey.  A little clean-up and it'd fit right into an adventure game.  Yakspit doesn't seek to win, only to amuse.

Evil

Thanks Yak... I really only like the grass skirt, but the rest is ok... He has Fred Flintstone feet...

SLaMgRInDeR

hey, nice work, its great, now if that dosent win tere is something seiously wrong around here...
but one thing, is the tribal buy supposed to have three nipples or was it a mistake... or a belly button?

Evil

Belly button, I didnt have time to shade it though. I best keep my winning hopes up! It could be my first sprite jam I won! :)

SLaMgRInDeR

same here, but lets face it, im not going to win!

Eggie

The cannibals head is an open book to me.

n3tgraph

* N3TGraph airguitars!

makri

Whoopee.

Edit: Missed the 250 x 200px at first, now updated.
Thud. Thud. Thud. Splat.

TheYak

Very nicely done, sir.  Good quality, very clean.  Also very spritey.. looks like we have another serious contender in this jam.

Squinky

Some days you just can't seem to get your head on straight...

TheYak

I hate you last-minute entry bastards.   :P

Ben

Ha! Those are beautiful. Thanks Evil, Marki, and Squinky for proving that sprite jams are not dead  :)

TheYak

Egad! Maybe I should blank out the wall section of my pic so I can qual as a sprite too.   :)

n3tgraph

I hate squinky for drawing too good :)
* N3TGraph airguitars!

Squinky

Yay, everyone hates me...heh
Thanks Net...

SLaMgRInDeR

lol makri, COMI, i like it, and squinky great one!
btw, june 4th, results, results!!

TheYak

Well, let's just hope Ali remembers the significance of the day...  ;D  If not, then I guess we'll hafta start voting starting tomorrow.  Maybe he's the type who doesn't wanna comment until the last day is 100% over.  

n3tgraph

okay so he forgot :)

did anyone get my joke in my sprite? :P
* N3TGraph airguitars!

Gilbert

Yes I think.

Spoiler

He can just walk to work in a minute, right?
[close]

wOoDz

yes N3TGraph, much the same here going to the shop! :-[

woodz

n3tgraph

heh, you're right gilbot :)

woohoo
* N3TGraph airguitars!

TheYak

And I assume mine wasn't over-subtle.  ;)  I later made an animated sprite over the image to demonstrate, but it was just too.. ...  crude (both crudely drawn and the subject matter).  Anyway, if we don't hear from Ali soon, I vote for Evil for his tribal sprite (actually liked the art of Squinky's a lot but liked concept for Evil's more).

Ali

Hi, sorry I'm late - I've been really busy.

I hadn't realised I'd have to choose, oh the responsibility...

I think evil's Cannibal has to be the winner. There were plenty of others which just as great, but I think evil was the first (and the second) to make a real effort to create a sprite. Especially because the subject was tricky to do a sprite for - sorry that's my fault.

If I have to pick a runner up I'd choose makri just for the expression on the guy's face.

Please don't hate me everyone else, the other entries were lovely, and I have only just got N3Tgraph's joke.

n3tgraph

sigh :)
the joke wasn't THAT hard to understand was it?  8)
oh well :)

Congratiolations Evil,
your skills serve you well :P
* N3TGraph airguitars!

TheYak

Oh, and a hearty congratulations on your first Sprite Jam win!   Excellent job.  Now start the next..  now.  Now, dammit!  ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk