Awards 2012 - For your consideration thread

Started by , Tue 01/01/2013 04:29:25

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghost

I almost missed this! Please consider:

HUBRIS- A Popular Pub Pasttime

A faithful recreation of the somewhat popular "Arcomage" cardgame, complete with a simple yet fun rule system, over 100 individual cards, and computer players that, despite their lack of AI, can put up quite surprising fights! Despite the "In the Pub" theme of the MAGS this game was made for, actual beer is not included.

Find it at the database: http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/1541

(Could be running for best non-adventure game, or probably best short game)

Shade

early last year i made the following game:

AGS Magus

if you like it consider it for this years ags awards in the categories:

Best Non-Adventure Game Created with AGS
Best Programming in a Non-Adventure

if you don't know it yet, please visit the download site below and give it a try. and here are some screenshots:

the main menu

can you predict the future?

full AI

player score

Your task: Predict how many tricks you will get and make your prediction come true in a battle against different opponents.
But beware: You will only be rewarded if your prediction is right!

Features

- full AI
- battle against 2-5 opponents
- 3 game modes: single game, endless game and story mode

http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/1564/

Thanks for Playing! Hope you like it! :)

Shade

TripTilt

please consider bird for
excessive experimental experience

bird in the AGS Database

m0ds

http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/Games.aspx/Detail/1515

Please consider Indiana Jones and the Passage Of Saints for best short game (and any other category you see fit, it was coded by Dualnames, designed by subspark, backgrounds by Miez, animations by SecretFawful) in 2012, thank you!!

You may also consider my music for Passage of Saints, Unga Needs Mumba* and Living Nightmare: Freedom for best music...shyeah right! Thanks :p

PS. And of course do please support Rem with The Cat Lady!! As he says there's pretty much not a category it isn't eligible for. If you nominate Best Voice Work then you're also supporting me and my artists. Woot!

Good luck to everyone, as mentioned - huge competition but thats cos there were obviously so many great games in 2012 :D

* This is not the final version used in the game, it's my original renderings. Side note - Knoodn, I have lost all other music files in the great data loss of 2012. If you can link me to your version and the original MIDI's if you have them that'd be ace.

Goldmund

Damn, it was an amazing year!

But nobody can beat me in this category...
BEST AGS GAME FROM 2012 WITH PARTS STILL MADE IN THE DOS VERSION OF AGS!!!!

Tell me, oh lake misty and deep,
Will I get an award in my hand to keep?

Games page entry

DrSlash

Release Trailer:

[embed=425,349]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twqS8nGsTY0[/embed]

Description:

"Mechanismo" is a third-person point-and-click adventure game.

Post-apocalyptic future. Humanity became extinct, the Earth populated with robots.
Just like people they live, produce more of their own kind and die. Only one
thing differs from humans - they don't have a soul.
Because of that they all go to hell. Robot hell.

You are playing as a robot, who wants to escape hell.

Games page entry

AJA

Wow, 2012 was a great year for AGS games. I'm so proud to be able to mention our "little" game in the same thread as all these other great ones. :)

Without further ado, for your consideration:

Barely Floating

A Summerbatch Game

Story
Somewhere along the east coast of Africa, pirates have attacked a luxury yacht! They have taken a few seemingly wealthy passengers as their hostages, a family and an old man, hoping to collect a hefty ransom for each of them. When the hostage negotiations go awry, the rescue duties land on the weak shoulders of an unlikely hero. Little does he know that the ship's crew, that stands in his way, is composed of some very weird and silly individuals.

Features
- The first 1280x720 resolution AGS game?
- 18 wacky characters!
- 15 rooms to explore!
- Lots of animations!
- 2-3 hours playtime!

Screenshots

Trailers
[embed=560,315]<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/L88-9Jd19gM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>[/embed]

[embed=560,315]<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/gRl089VN_lM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>[/embed]

Please consider for any categories you see fit. Here's some suggestions:

• Best Game / Dialogue Writing / Puzzles
  • Best Player Character / Non-Player Character (take your pick but my favorite's the agent :))
  • Best Background Art / Animation
  • Best Programming
  • And especially, Best Music by Sine Cadenza (listen for yourself!)

Unfortunately, this game is no longer on sale (but will hopefully be again later this year) but you can still play the entire first act of the game by playing the demo:
Download demo via the AGS Game DB

------

----

Icey

For your consideration: Pub Master Quest: -The Adventure of 2-

A MAGS game

Plot:
The Dawn Sword has transformed into a magical clone of Dave, together the two must take down the Troll Lord in this spin-off quest.

Features:

New Party Chat system
Beta version of the new Cross Assault Junction System
Awesome music choice

Check out the full package here!!! Download

Decaffeinated Jedi

For your consideration...

Don't you just hate it when an evil cat travels through time and erases your favorite adventure game series from history? Bea, devoted Space Quest fan and star of Pledge Quest II: Noodle Shop of Horrors, can sympathize.

In this sequel to Pledge Quest I: The SpaceVenture Adventure, Bea discovers that her diabolical cat, Vohaul, has tampered with history and created an alternate timeline in which the Space Quest series never existed. It's up to her to find a way to travel back in time and save Space Quest from certain doom. Along the way, she unravels a nefarious conspiracy and even encounters the creators of the Space Quest series, the Two Guys from Andromeda.

The game features tons of in-jokes and references to classic adventure games and sci-fi franchises alike. It's also decidedly “meta,” exploring such themes as where inspiration comes from and how fans help shape the popular culture they love.

A pair of Space Quest fans, Akril and Decaffeinated Jedi, created Pledge Quest II (and its predecessor) to spread the word about the Two Guys' new SpaceVenture project, but the short game plays as a love letter to the genre as a whole.

Features include:

• Animated cutscenes and 3D-rendered thingamabobs!
  • More click events than a ballpoint pen convention!
  • Unlockable “designer commentary” mode!
  • Smell and taste icons (great for smelling and tasting, respectively)!
  • An evil time-traveling cat!

What people are saying:

• "Pledge Quest II is awesome!" -- Mark Crowe, co-creator of Space Quest
  • "Okay, this is delightful." -- IndieGames
  • "It's rare when a fan game comes along that is inspired by both Sierra and LucasArts adventure games, but Pledge Quest II...certainly falls in that group." -- International House of Mojo
  • "Meow." -- Vohaul the Cat

Suggested categories:

• Best Short Game
  • Best Non-Player Character (Vohaul the Cat)
  • Best Animation

Visit PledgeQuest.net to download Pledge Quest II and learn more about the series (or, check out the game's AGS database entry). A Pledge Quest II walk-through is also available -- just in case.

Thanks for your time!

Jess

Radiant

Please also consider Errand for it's voiced acting! :-D

Eric

In case there's still a chance to sway some votes, or if anyone is trying to avoid a Resonance straight ticket, I strongly advocate looking at Patchwork for best background art:

And Anna's Quest for best voicework (you can get a solid taste from the demo, but I also advocate shelling out for the full chapter one).

Snarky

Whereas the nomination period is now over, and
Whereas I am Global Moderator clothed with immense power,
I decree that you will henceforth use this thread (and none other) to procure votes for your game of choice.

Radiant

Quote from: Radiant on Tue 01/01/2013 14:50:23
Indiana Rodent in: Raiders of the Lost Cheese

Yes, it is possible to write a smooth-scrolling platform game in AGS, with tile-based levels and multi-layer parallax graphics. Released as part of the AGS Bake Sale, this game puts you in the role of the Mouse With The Hat to search for the vaunted lost cheese. Traverse forests, deserts, and the halls of illusion; jump over hedgehogs, hitch a ride on a turtle, and evade vicious snakes - all for the reward of more cheese than you could ever eat, and what more could a mouse want? The game has four difficulty modes, nine expansive levels to explore, eight-way parallax scrolling, various secrets and unlockables, and the vicious Moby Duck as boss monster.

Suggested for Best Non-Adventure Game and Best Programming. Since this is a Bake Sale game, only a demo is available for download (what do you mean you didn't buy it? :) ), but there's a Let's Play video on youtube.

For those of you who haven't bought the Bake Sale, the game is now officially freeware. You can download it here!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk