Release Something 2013! [Times up, Thanks for entering :) ]

Started by Icey, Mon 10/06/2013 21:42:31

Previous topic - Next topic

Icey

Hey everyone, Icey here bring you the best Event of the month (no not E3 but even cooler). I talked it over with Ben and he said I can kick things off this year. :D

In 2011 we had 13 pages of stuff released, then in 2012 we had 8 pages. Let's try to shoot for 15 this year!

What can you post?
  • Post screenshots
  • animations
  • game demos
  • tech demos
  • rolling demos
  • voice demos
  • code modules
  • game music
  • Anything related to something your working on, or was, or might be, ohhh you get the point ;)

You have until the end of the Month to Release Something.
    Change of plans, seeing how to things took off so late. I think the RS should be push onward to the end of next month. But just this time. ;)

Ok, here, I'll start things off. ;)
    [imgzoom]http://oi44.tinypic.com/35d3sk1.jpg[/imgzoom]

Stupot

Oh, goodie gumdrops. This should be fun.

Armageddon

Icey

QuoteI talked it over with Ben and he said I can kick things off this year

I always wanted to run a Release Something since I first reshot the idea but Ben gave it off better than I thought I could do it. I ask him and he said yeah, hes has been busy and stuff so he gave me the ok. :3

Gilbert

Actually anyone can host the Release Something event, but make sure you ask a mod before starting any new event in this section (inherited events don't count, the winner of a competition automatically has rights to host the next round).
Since you asked Ben for this (though it's not official) and a new round of this event is really due to happen I'll just leave it here.

Icey

Ohh ok will do I'll remember that for next time I ever get host. ;)

Ponch

Quote from: icey games on Tue 11/06/2013 03:27:52
for next time I ever get host. ;)
Icey, your grasp of teh English never fails to make me smile. :cheesy:

How indeed, Spidey.

I'll put together a couple of screenshots of my next game for this thread in a day or two. :smiley:

Eric

I'll bite. Here are some screenshots, an animation, some concept images, and a video draft of a taxi ride from a project that's been put on the backburner while a collaborator does research abroad.

[embed=420,315]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGC4Sgtqayw[/embed]

awakening

Your artwork looks great Eric! :)

Retro Wolf

This pales in comparison to what Eric is doing!

Reality on the Norm:
Reality Check - Episode 4

Coming when it's finished, there's no set timetable.
    -    RC4 features a new custom GUI.
    -    Will be longer than previous episodes.
    -    Development is slower than previous games (I broke my brain the last 2 games!).

Bednaux interrupted when helping a customer...

It's a hard life being a Void Pirate!

Matt Frith

Here is my contribution to Release Something 2013.  I've been working on a black and white detective game on and off for just over a year now so I thought I would show off some screenshots.  Those that follow me on twitter may have already seen them ;)

Stupot

Some lovely stuff here.
Matt. I like how the faces have just a subtle hint of colour in them. nice touch.

I don't have a lot in the way of releasable assets. Most of my game is playable but still using Roger and a mixture of placeholder art and years-old backgrounds from my first attempt at making this game.  I almost considered releasing my game here in all it's artless glory, but instead I thought I'd just show off my inventory items, seeing as I have actually drawn most of them now. Also, here's an early draft of what the main character will look like.

Spoiler alert.  Seeing these items will pretty much tell you how to solve one of the main puzzles in the game (and it's a bloody good puzzle if I do say so myself).

I'm quite proud of my little thing that tells you what the inventory items actually are. This way I don't have to draw them properly  :-D

Eric

Quote from: Stupot+ on Fri 21/06/2013 01:39:08
Matt. I like how the faces have just a subtle hint of colour in them. nice touch.

I just scrolled down to say the same thing. That's lovely, lovely work Matt!

Wolf -- I'm never sure with the RotN stuff, which parts are yours, and which parts are part of the commons?

Stupot -- I like that you don't have to change your color palette going from Roger to your character!

Icey

Things are turning out nicely, the stuff I seen so far looks great. I was thinking of doing a vote off for top 3 releases and the winners get get medals. :3
But I think it that would only be possible if there are a few more people.

Ponch

A screenshot and a sprite sheet from a game I'm currently working on:

[imgzoom]http://www.barnrunner.com/pics/misc/Dream_Cycle_Sprite_Sheet_2.png[/imgzoom]

More details to come as the game slowly comes together. :smiley:

kconan

As I've told you already, I love that motorcycle.   8-)  The fact that it is contained within an old school sprite sheet is just a bonus.

Armageddon

Is she not wearing pants...

Also Matt, that game looks amazing. I love your art style.

EDIT: BLAUGH.

Kastchey

Matt, your pixel work is just charming. Top job.

Problem

Nice thread, there are some great screenshots here! Releasing stuff is always good, so maybe I should throw in some music. Here's another preview from the Conspirocracy Soundtrack:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1891681/music/conspirocracy/desert_preview.mp3

This demo fades out at the end. For the soundtrack release I'll rearrange all of the loopable tracks to have a proper ending.

Ryan Timothy B

@Problem: That was awesome! ;-D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk