Best Background Art - Technobabylon
Best Character Art - Technobabylon
Best Animation - Technobabylon
Best Music and Sound - Technobabylon
Best Voice Work - Technobabylon
Best Programming - Rogue State
Best Puzzles - Technobabylon
Best Gameplay - Technobabylon
Best Short Game - Cornelius Cat in: The Uncontrollable Pest, Mess Goblins, The Surprisingly Short Adventure of Leopold Kettle
Best Character - The Jimi Hendrix Case (Jimi Hendrix)
Best Writing - Technobabylon
Best Non Adventure Game Created with AGS - Rogue State
Best MAGS Game - Mess Goblins
Best Game Created with AGS - Technobabylon
Best Freeware Game Created with AGS - Camp 1

Recording, supplied by Gurok: AGS Awards 2015

AGS Awards 2015 ceremony client

For those who can't run it, you can follow along in #Awards on the server irc.adventuregamestudio.co.uk

AGS Awards 2015 Ceremony beta
AGS Awards 2015 Ceremony beta 2

This has several bugfixes and all of the core features, including all the sound I intend for it to have.

There are a handful of mostly cosmetic things I'd still like to do before tomorrow, like finishing the intro, fixing the irc window, and adding a few more joke animations. Then I also keep forgetting to get more than just a screenshot for the voice, music and animation nominees. So make sure to update tomorrow rather than using the beta.

Let us test the clap system.

AGS Awards 2015 Ceremony alpha 1

Still a few things I need to do, but the core features should all be working.

All sound is still conspicuously missing, but that's a metaphor for the long wait.

I await you in the Grand Hall, where breasts and awkward rehearsals will be served.

Stupot

Now we're cooking with gas!
Is that definitely 20:00 GMT, or BST?

Ponch

I can confirm that the test build is up and running. Also, with no one to stop it, I have stormed the stage and declared myself ruler of AGS. It could have been prevented, but everyone was too lazy to test but me.

Life will be harsh under my new regime, but you have no one to blame but yourselves. :=

Adeel

Yeah, seems to work. And I'm kinda sorry that I missed when Ponch was on.

Jack

Quote from: Stupot+ on Fri 10/06/2016 01:48:20

Hmm, I think Mods actually specified BST last time now that I think about it.

Ponch

Quote from: Adeel on Fri 10/06/2016 02:02:46
Yeah, seems to work. And I'm kinda sorry that I missed when Ponch was on.
It was a glorious tale of my rise to power and the unavoidable culling of the unbelievers, Adeel. Only those present who would bow to my authority were spared. As you can see, there were few survivors. :=

paolo

It looks great, Jack! Well done.

See you all on Sunday.

Adeel

Quote from: Ponch on Fri 10/06/2016 04:02:28
It was a glorious tale of my rise to power and the unavoidable culling of the unbelievers, Adeel. Only those present who would bow to my authority were spared. As you can see, there were few survivors. :=
Ah, yes. I can never forgive myself for missing that Coup d'état---the great revolution.

AGA

BST of course, since that's the currently active timezone.  I've edited the thread title.  Not really a distinction most people make in my experience, GMT just means 'the time in London' to most of us!

Stupot

Quote from: AGA on Fri 10/06/2016 08:08:42

BST of course, since that's the currently active timezone.  I've edited the thread title.  Not really a distinction most people make in my experience, GMT just means 'the time in London' to most of us!
I was just double-checking, not being a smartass. I know some people use online time-zone converters. Plugging in GMT will give them the wrong time. And for me it might mean the difference between deciding to stay up late or get up early.

Danvzare

Ooh I can't wait! :-D
This will be the first AGS Awards Ceremony that I've ever attended.

How long do they usually last?

By the way, I tested the client, and it works perfectly.
Although I'm curious about that Password feature. It doesn't seem to do anything.

Jack

Ponch has been spreading the tall tale that he "stormed" the stage. The truth is that I helped him up the stage, as one would an old lady.

Quote from: Danvzare on Fri 10/06/2016 11:13:25
Although I'm curious about that Password feature. It doesn't seem to do anything.

The password is for if you want to log into an existing IRC account. It should work. The unlock code is to lock away the naked avatars until we're ready to... use them.

AGA

Quote from: Stupot+ on Fri 10/06/2016 09:34:47
I was just double-checking, not being a smartass. I know some people use online time-zone converters. Plugging in GMT will give them the wrong time. And for me it might mean the difference between deciding to stay up late or get up early.

Fair enough.  Would be a bit weird for an online converter to offer the option of seeing GMT times when it's not active, but who knows!

Snarky

Quote from: Danvzare on Fri 10/06/2016 11:13:25
How long do they usually last?

Generally around three hours, though it depends a lot on how snappy the hosts are at keeping things moving.

Jack

Let's try to meet tonight at 20h00 BST.

The client should be tested with a lot of users connected.

Cassiebsg

What's the difference between GMT and BST? and what do you mean with "it's not active?" ???
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Myinah

Quote from: Jack on Fri 10/06/2016 01:09:49
I await you in the Grand Hall, where breasts and awkward rehearsals will be served.

Is this going to be a lesbian/breasts all over the place awards show? They removed it from the ceremony last year in an effort not to alienate female AGSers and those in general who felt it was a bit much. They had a more R rated after party to cater to both camps. I'd like to know in advance so I can decide whether or not I will attend the show. 

Snarky

GMT is without the daylight savings adjustment, BST is summer time. During summer, Britain uses BST, not GMT.

Cassiebsg

Funny, we use GMT in Portugal, had no idea it didn't had the daylight savings adjustment. Guess "we" change to BST as well, without even realize it. (roll)(laugh)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Jack

Quote from: Myinah on Fri 10/06/2016 14:48:27
Is this going to be a lesbian/breasts all over the place awards show?

We weren't planning on it, but now that you make that suggestion...

We'll save the breasts for before and after the awards.

I included no lesbians, but I will consider it if you can prove the ones you submit are authentic and not just acting for the camera.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk