Swarm Development: Postmortem

Started by Baron, Thu 21/04/2011 04:58:20

Previous topic - Next topic

TomatoesInTheHead

For a title screen, we need a title, of course.

Title ideas, from this thread (including some joke titles) and new ones:

"Curse of The Swarm"
"Drop by Drop" - It's related to the vampire and also to "the drops" given from a lot of artists to make the game. (says Tabata :))
"Chronicles of Merrick"
"Merrick's Quest"
"Merrick's Euest" - because my E key is not working properly...
"Merrick's Euesthesia"
"No Euest For The Wicked."
"The Importance of Being Euest"
"The Experiment" - referring to the vampire experiment and the swarm experiment
"In the Fangs of Science" - referring to the story, who would have guessed.
"Another One Bites the Dust" - because Merrick's biting!
"Merrick on a Bloody Rampage" or only "A/The Bloody Rampage"

Okay, my barely creative hour is over... now you decide! (and may of course suggest other titles, but to reach a compromise fast, it's probably best to also state your favorite title(s) from the present suggestions)

Hudders

I've been trying to think of a robot / vampire pun for about an hour. So far, no luck.

I had a rather complicated idea for a animated swarm logo whereby lots of bats or insects would swarm in to take the form of a silhouette of a person but that would be far beyond my own capabilities. :D

abstauber

À propos "No Euest for the wicked", music from those fellas would make a nice soundtrack:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLk9uKuOGGo

Or at least it's nice to hear while working for the swarm.

Btw. as soon as there are written character portraits for the vampire twins, I'd like to draw their portraits as well.

Snarky

Something around "transfusion," going with the blood theme and cyborgs being about fusing with transistors?

Wyz

I'll throw in a few more:

They made me (do it) -- refers to Merrick's blood thirst begin caused by the experiments
Science has fangs -- alteration on "In the Fangs of Science"
Blood, sweat and Fangs
Merricks' merit -- alliteration is always nice ;)
Fangsition -- as proposed by Snarky
Quest for Blood
I will only hurt a second -- could refer to the operation merrick has had, or him biting his victims.
Cyvamp / Vamborg / Biompire / Vamonic / Vambionic -- definition of what Merrick has become

Further more the game should somewhere have this dialog: ;D
Someone not giving in: "Bite me!"
Merrick: "I will!"
Life is like an adventure without the pixel hunts.

Hudders

Snarky

Baron

Draculator -Dracula + Calulator
Twibyte - Twilight + Byte
Internet with the Vampire -I'm just getting silly now
Amp Ire -The rage of amperes!
Vamperage -Vampire + amperage
So Now I'm a Cyborg-Vampire... Simplifies marketing
Vionic Vampire + Bionic
Escape From Base 13 -implies plot objective
Trance Fusion -Snarky's idea with the foggy mindset of someone who wakes up after an operation
Blood-Debt & Gears Hudder's idea: not a lot of sweat in-game, but there is a theme of pay-back.

Now that I've further confused the process by adding yet more options I will retire again to the shadows.  Muwuhahahahahahaa!!!!!

Igor Hardy

I like Vamborg and Draculator. A lot of fun title ideas, but most of them too complex to win over the mass audience.

cat

Hudders

Tabata

Vamborg is nice, but if you don't know about this project, it's hard to get an idea, what this is about.
Draculator is much more easier for not involved people and I like the sound of it!  :D

... and I would like it even more, if there is a way to find an ambiguous title, referring to the game and the swarm.

For example like:  
The Experiment with Draculator
Experiment with Draculator - to be Assimilated
Draculator - Assimilated
Draculator of The Swarm
Draculator of The Swarm â€" an Experiment

... ... you know what I mean?

Edit:
@Grim:
Nice lab â€" I already tried to pull the plug    ;) 

@ abstauber:
The music would be nice to start the game with until the first dialogs appear  :D

@all:
We still need someone for to give this little big fellow a chance smashing into the guardroom and have a bit of fun:

He is waiting for a little action    8)   Someone for to do the guardroom-background?

Grim

Don't know why but I really chuckled at "Internet with the vampire"... :)

Tabata

I thought about something like this, by using the little guy as application icon:

Baron

Quote from: Tabata on Wed 25/05/2011 23:27:14
I thought about something like this, by using the little guy as application icon:

Nice idea!  I'm not sure how well they'd register in 320x200 game (they are almost half the size of our main character):

Once we get a build together we'll try them out to see how they look, though.

Hudders

They could just be the cursor and we could eschew the traditional GUI completely in favour of a left click do action, right click change mode system.

They may need to be emphasised though.

Scarab

In regards to vampire/technology based plays on words, I rather like the thought of having something along the lines of 'The Byte of a Vampire'

Kweepa

Still waiting for Purity of the Surf II

Hudders

Stake of the art.

Bleeding edge.

Byte marks.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk