Gemini Rue - Coming Feb 24, 2011 under Wadjet Eye Games!

Started by TheJBurger, Fri 19/09/2008 01:19:00

Previous topic - Next topic

Igor Hardy

Nice interview.

Seems like I must finally watch Cowboy Bebop. Somehow I never treated it seriously, but if you say it was the main inspiration for the amazing BR look...

TheJBurger

Hey everybody!

Very important news regarding Boryokudan Rue: I have decided to change the title to "Gemini Rue."

Reasons are for both artistic and practical purposes. Hopefully you all can update your bookmarks and change every mention of the game so far in existence to "Gemini Rue," 1984 style.

Thanks!

Josh

Dualnames

Awwww, I really loved the Boryokudan one... :(

Not a bad change, but I loved the original title, that's all. You can disregard me.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

straydogstrut

Seriously?! Or am I missing something? (Typical me) Personally I liked the name "Boryokudan Rue". :'(

I understand if it was for artistic reasons - whatever they may be - but if practical reasons is just so people can pronounce it..well that always set it apart.

Oh well, I'm sad to see it go, but it doesn't change what promises to be a fantastic game.

DoorKnobHandle

Oh wow, it finally happened, you changed the name! :D I'm sure I wasn't the only one but I remember I suggested a name change when I betatested the game!

I DID love "Boryokudan" but damn was it hard to remember and spell. Especially now that you go commercial this should be much better and improve sales.

GarageGothic

Easier to spell, definitely. Though I must admit I'm still not sure whether the 'Rue' part is supposed to be read as 'repentance' or the French word for 'street'. As for what the full title means - haven't got a clue. Doesn't mean I'm not looking very much forward to game :)

Stupot

Ahh, Man.  I always thought Boryokudan Rue was an awesome title.  But you've chosen a pretty good name to replace it with.

RedTalon

I guess now would be a perfect time to announce that our game title is being changed to Moon Base: Boryokudan.  ;)
www.redtalongames.com
Twitter:
www.twitter.com/redtalongames

Igor Hardy

Also, Frantic Franko's new full title is "Frantic Franko: A Bergzwerg Goes Boryokudan". ;)

markbilly

The Boryokudan Gene. Sorry.

I completely understand why you changed the title and I reckon it was the right decision.

Ethan D

This looks nice, I'm looking forward to it!

I understand why you changed the name, the first time I heard the name it sounded like some sort of obscure JRPG.

It looks pretty sweet though.  ;D

Kweepa

I don't like either title.
I think they are rather offputting - they make the game sound obscure and foreign.
Gemini Rue is slightly better, but only slightly.
I just thought I'd voice that opinion, since you are making a name change anyway.

The game looks pretty awesome!
Still waiting for Purity of the Surf II

Tramponline

Quote from: SteveMcCrea on Wed 30/06/2010 00:51:58
I think they are rather offputting - they make the game sound obscure and foreign.
...and that is a bad thing, naturally, is it!!?? :P

I loved the first title! I was immediately intrigued, the first time I read it and it became instantly lodged in my head. It was not an easy titel, but an onomatopoeic and demanding one. You had to wrap your brains around it.

I prefer a certain amount of obscurity, ('Linus Bruckman", 'Grim Fandango' etc.), it creates tension and interest in my opinion. Personally I dislike titles which are overly simplified and hand you everything on a silver platter!

edit: Just reread my post. The second statement stands in no reference to your new title, JBurger. It's merely
       a very personal remark on game titles in general. 'Boryokudan Rue' did rock though! :'( ;D        

Dualnames

Quote from: Tramponline on Wed 30/06/2010 23:49:19
Quote from: SteveMcCrea on Wed 30/06/2010 00:51:58
...and that is a bad thing, naturally, is it!!?? :P

I loved the first title! I was immediately intrigued, the first time I read it and it became instantly lodged in my head. It was not an easy titel, but an onomatopoeic and demanding one. You had to wrap your brains around it.

I prefer a certain amount of obscurity, ('Linus Bruckman", 'Grim Fandango' etc.), it creates tension and interest in my opinion. Personally I dislike titles which are overly simplified and hand you everything on a silver platter!  

Seconded! :D
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Igor Hardy

The original title was all very intriguing and fine, but it had one condemning property - it was almost impossible to repeat, quote, search in google etc. Well, unless you did happen to know that B-word from Japanese.

Gemini Rue is a good choice.

Tramponline

;D Isn't that kind of obsolete Ascovel? We are the copy&paste-generation! :P

Igor Hardy

Quote from: Tramponline on Thu 01/07/2010 00:52:56
;D Isn't that kind of obsolete Ascovel? We are the copy&paste-generation! :P

copy&paste is really slow. Like very really.

ddq

I like both names. Boryokudan was rad when I got the hang of pronouncing it, but Gemini is muuuch easier to remember, say, read, and search for.

Igor Hardy

Great E3 video interview with Josh on IndieGames blog. An awesome treat for anyone curious how Josh looks in real life, but also a brilliant promotion of indie adventure games and AGS.

straydogstrut

Curiosity satisfied=)

Great interview, and my favourite sound bite from Josh sums up some recent thoughts of mine pretty well:

Quote from: Joshua NuernbergerWhen I look back on all the games i've played, the ones that had the most emotional connection with me, were games that had great stories, and great characters.

Time to Tweet this baby.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk