Sprite Jam... Farlander´s typos. (Till april 18)

Started by Nacho, Sat 10/04/2004 23:18:07

Previous topic - Next topic

Nacho

You know? Sometimes is good to laugh of yourself...

I'm the typo master. It has annoyed me often, but it's my fault, I've been the man who never really worried about learning how many "p" the word opinion has.

It's time to sollute that... In this week you'll have to opportunity to bring back that mistakes. Paint in the following frame...

...Something that can turn into something completely different because of one typo... The funnier, the better, but remember that the correct sentence has to be at the left and the uncorrect has to be written at the top, on the right space.

Have in mind that I'll punctuate... 100 points as much for the sprite quality, and 100 as maximus for how fun it is for me...

Each letter over the typical one-word typo will result in minus 5 points...

For example: If the sprite consists in me confussing shIp with shEEp (a two letters typo, instead of one) the maximus punctuation will be 195.

If you don't really like the topic, (you are "PirateJackish", we could say), the theme will be "SPORTS"... Feel free to paint an epic sprite of a sportman! (But have in mind that the maximus possible punctuation will be 180, my sprite jam, my rules, so, if you wanna win think in funny typos). Also have in mind that the size for this will necessarilly be smaller (100X100) as there's only one sprite to paint, not 2.

No more restrictions, animate them, use all the colors you need... and good Sprite Jam.

EXAMPLE:

P.S: All the spites will be punctuated ASAP, and you will decide the final winner if draws.
P.S.S: The typos can also consist in omitting letters, of course...
Are you guys ready? Let' s roll!

Inkoddi

Nacho

I am very happy for this nice first entry!

Inkoddi has reached the following punctuation:

Tecnical level: 87
+
Originallity: 75
=
Penalty (-0)

TOTAL: 162.

Moox

Nacho

ROTFL!!! YOu made a typo in the "Farlander's typos Sprite Jam"!!!

Your Guard... Is called "Gaurd"...

Ok... let's see...

Tecnical level: 62
Originallity:68 (A guard for sale is quite hilarious...)
=
Penalty (-5)

Total=125.

Great entries so far! Now, gotta go to bed, but keep posting!  :D

Bryan

What's the dead line?

I had an idea for "Papa Smurf" -> "Pop a Smurf"... but it turned out too gruesome... I'm working on something else.
this space intentionally left blank

Nacho

YOke

Yay!
My first entry in the Sprite Jam!
Saw this in General today, an I just couldn't help myself.
(Kind of nervous about misspelling anything here...)

Enlightenment is not something you earn, it's something you pay for the rest of your life.

Layabout

Wow Farl, you impress me. This is the most innovative sprite jam ever.
I am Jean-Pierre.

Nacho

YOke, that was hard to catch! So... there is a dome where Peter Pan and the others commit sins! that's pretty nasty!  ;) I should have included an over-score for using real typos, but I'm pretty angry against you now, so... ;D

Unfortunately, I have to consider that this is a two-word typo.  :-\

Let me see...

Tecnical level: 87.
+
Originallity: 80.
=
Penalty(-5)

TOTAL: 162.

Oh! We have a draw till the moment! Let's wait if someone reaches the top...

P.S: Thanks Pirate Jack.

Privateer Puddin'

Nacho

Ah! the joke is quite good, and, indeed... changing  "hello" by "hey! hooker, how's it going?" is quite funny, it deserves a high punctuation, but undestand that the overall will necessarilly be less than thw two guys leading, this are ripped graphics (Which is ok for games, like MI 1.5 don't missunderstood me...) ;D

Technical level: 40.
Originallity: 95.
=
Penalty(0).

TOTAL=135.

Good work! and have in mind that nobody reached more than 162... A supperb sprite about sports could reach 180 and win... have it in consideration if you can't think in a typo...

Darth Mandarb

As witnessed in this old thread ... HERE

Not my best effort ... but I'm ill :(

Rincewind

Nacho

Great entries, but the one that made me laugh most hase been Darth Mandarb's, because it is a REAL FARLANDER's typo and I remember it... clearly... Painfully clear...  :-[
(Confussing Painfully with Fainfully is not a typo, just the effect of posting very, very late!) >:(

Unfortunately for Jeremy, it's very known by everybody that he is my friend (A very close one...) and he's not going to be compete, sorry...  :'(

Eggie's joke is nice, a little bit nasty, but cool... but being as good as some others, I can't really say it reached its tecnical level, sorry...  :-\

Tec: 65
+
Ori: 70
=

Penalty(0) yeah, it's needed to stroke twice to make that typo, but one was the space bar, and he was not going to win in any case, so, I've been gentle...
TOTAL=135.

Rincewind: Also, very funny and imaginative, and well solluted tecnically... It does not still reach the level of some previous sprite jams, but it definitelly deserves a good note.

Tec=75
+
Ori=70
=
145, with no penalty...

PS: Somebody is annoyed to receive points? Maybe is a little bit cruel to loose all the hopes of victory too soon? I think it's quite fair and appealing, but if someone does not lie, make me know...

(I meant... someone reasonable, no nippled signature members)

Ali

There are two typos here, I don't know if that's allowed, but they are really common mistakes, and I think I've seen you make them Farlander. Are you sure it was a good idea to start a thread where people point out your errors?

I feel like I'm being unkind.

The animation is a little more manic than I intended. And the blue dots don't look much like sweat beads. Never mind.

rtf

This could very much be the most pathetic piece of art I have ever done in my life:

I am sorry you had to see that.
I fail at art.

Peter Thomas

Peter: "Being faggy isn't bad!"
AGA: "Shush, FAG!"

Kairus

I remember making a typo like this one when I went to English classes.

PS: Do you say make a typo or do a typo or what?
Download Garfield today!

DOWNLOADINFOWEBSITE

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk