Ask here for updates on GAMES IN PRODUCTION

Started by , Wed 02/10/2013 18:20:38

Previous topic - Next topic

m0ds

As a dev I know how important it is to reply to interested parties and how the motivation to do so can come purely from people asking rather than your own will to go explaining what's happened lately. As a player, I also know it's important to catch up on old projects, and not just be stuck with all the brand new only projects.

As some threads are locked, this is an open thread for people to come and ask about projects that haven't had an update for a short, medium or long while - and perhaps garner some responses, without the need for people to have their threads unlocked and such. And those who want to ask about projects from long ago need not worry - just ask! It's best that you come here and ask if you suspect the original GiP thread is getting old.

Just try to include a link to the original GiP thread if you can so we know which game you're talking about please ;)

I'll start - Journey Of Iesir, any updates please? :)

PS. I will prune this thread of Off Topic replies.

CaptainD

I don't know how much Daniel will want me to say about it so for now I'll just tell you the The Journey of Iesir is still very much in production. ;)

Darth Mandarb

Sure Mark ... make me the bad guy!!  :D

Actually I think this is a good great idea!  It gives a place for people to ask/discuss without digging up [potentially] dead game threads in the GiP!

I worry, just a tad, that by linking to the older threads people are going to post in them anyway but that's okay... my lightsaber is always prepared to smite the rule-breakers!!!

Stupot

Nice thread.  Sometimes it's just nice to hear "yep, game's still being made" once in a while.

It's been a while since we had any word on Kathy Rain.
Does anyone in the know have any news?

@Cap'nD - Glad to hear Iesir is still happening :-)

Andail

Kathy Rain is progressing pretty much at the speed of light.

Ghost

I'd really like to know if The Forgotten Element is officially, ultimatively, absolutely dead. There never was an announcement that it was cancelled and the production values were really high; anyone here knowing more than me?

Snake

What a great thread! Now I can check it obsessively to see if anyone is asking about MY game (I'm not mentioning the name, it's sort of a legend so it should go without saying)!

I've been wondering about more McCarthy Chronicles? How are those going, Calin, if any?
Grim: "You're making me want to quit smoking... stop it!;)"
miguel: "I second Grim, stop this nonsense! I love my cigarettes!"

cat

What actually happened to 'The Legend of Leitor's Edge' and 'Daemons in the attic'? :P

Snake

QuoteWhat actually happened to 'The Legend of Leitor's Edge'...
It will be released... *pulls down monocle slowly, accidentally brushing against his bushy mustache*... Leitor ;)
Grim: "You're making me want to quit smoking... stop it!;)"
miguel: "I second Grim, stop this nonsense! I love my cigarettes!"

kconan

Ghost

Quote from: cat on Wed 02/10/2013 22:41:19
What actually happened to [...] 'Daemons in the Attic'? :P

It turned into a RAM Ghost. Seriously, I have huge folders of assets and roughly a dozen builds. I like to think of it as the demo that made me understand AGS, but it's really not been in active development for... months.

Ponch

When is Bolt Action II: Highways of Silence coming out?
Where the heck is Airwave II?
Is Darth Mandarb ever going to finish his Firefly / Serenity game?

EDIT: When is the next WHAM forum game going to start?

JSH

Quote from: Andail on Wed 02/10/2013 20:26:20

Oh man, don't give them any ideas! :wink: But yes, things are steadily progressing, sorry about the radio silence. I'll post a proper update soon :)

arj0n

Quote from: CaptainD on Wed 02/10/2013 18:41:34
I don't know how much Daniel will want me to say about it so for now I'll just tell you the The Journey of Iesir is still very much in production. ;)
Even better, the demo is close to finished now :)

Stupot

Quote from: JSH on Thu 03/10/2013 13:34:14
Quote from: Andail on Wed 02/10/2013 20:26:20

Oh man, don't give them any ideas! :wink: But yes, things are steadily progressing, sorry about the radio silence. I'll post a proper update soon :)
Good to hear :-)  Thanks

(P.S. What Radiant said)

kconan

Quote from: Ponch on Thu 03/10/2013 05:53:17
When is Bolt Action II: Highways of Silence coming out?

Production has halted indefinitely, sorry everyone that was eagerly waiting for news/updates!  Yes, both of you.

Frodo

Wonderful idea for a thread.  :grin:

I've been wanting to ask about Perkele's game Hell Awaits.
I know he was looking for help to finish the game... is it still in production?  It had a fantastic story, it deserves to be finished.  :grin:

Calin Leafshade

Quote from: Snake on Wed 02/10/2013 22:28:12
I've been wondering about more McCarthy Chronicles? How are those going, Calin, if any?

I'm currently tied up with other things but I do tend to return to McCarthy as a long term series once i'm done with the current projects.

Igor Hardy

Technobaby, Technobaby - where is the rest of you? :confused:

selmiak

check technocrats blog, looks like the remake of the first 3 episodes is coming along nice with the help of a well known artist ;)
http://technocratgames.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/the-futures-blue.html

though I want my TB4 fix too!

Crimson Wizard

I wish to know what happened to ShattenReyze, and its "guitar hero" minigame :).
(A pity Abstauber's website is usually down)

m0ds

He has been pimping it at Mittens quite a bit recently ;) I'd also like to know if he is working on it still or not because I forget what he said in Germany.

Igor Hardy

I remember Shattenreyze looking real good at Mittens. Some amazing epic art by Kastchey. Things seem to be moving rather slow with the game sadly.

But I also seem to remember that the general consensus was Christina should strangle Dirk painfully if he abandons the project. Let's hope he heard that. :)

CaptainD

Quote from: Thaumaturge on Sun 20/10/2013 21:36:35
Does anyone know whatever became of He Watches?
WHAM will finish making it if he can ever drag himself away from playing other games...

On a more serious note (although my above statement is probably true!  :P) I would be interested in knowing how it's coming on too.

Thaumaturge

Quote from: CaptainD on Sun 20/10/2013 21:40:17
WHAM will finish making it if he can ever drag himself away from playing other games...
Ah, the eternal bane of making games: games. ;)

Technocrat

Quote from: selmiak on Fri 04/10/2013 23:12:06
check technocrats blog, looks like the remake of the first 3 episodes is coming along nice with the help of a well known artist ;)
http://technocratgames.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/the-futures-blue.html

though I want my TB4 fix too!

I really need to get around to updating that blog one of these days...

[imgzoom]http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o33/Nedraed/TB-Walkway_zpsfb7b1d4a.png[/imgzoom]

It is looking a lot nicer though, much nicer than I can do at least!

Igor Hardy

Quote from: Technocrat on Thu 07/11/2013 02:23:11
It is looking a lot nicer though, much nicer than I can do at least!

Stop that. Your look for Technobabylon was already awesome.

Crimson Wizard

Hey, I suddenly remembered, there was a game I beta tested, called "Blue Moon". It was made by miguel. :)
I recall I tested out few chapters, but never finished though. I am wondering what happened to it.

miguel

Hi Crimson,
the game is finished and playable although not tested and the code was so messy that I abandoned it.
Some months ago, Stee asked if he could have a look at it and took the game out of my hands.
I haven't spoke to him for a while now but I know he's working on it, revamping graphics and recoding it as well.
Working on a RON game!!!!!

Stee

Slowly I'm afraid,

I don't have a lot of spare time these days (hence why you probably don't see me on here that often). I haven't done much since myself and miguel last spoke. I'm moving house in a few weeks that will take out my whole commute to work and free up some much needed time to work on it.

Hopefully we'll have a nice surprise for you some time next year.

I would love to know if Ghost is still working on Collateral Jelly and if not, he should :)

Also, what's going on with the whole Grundi-304 Reaper/Rebirth thingy?
<Babar> do me, do me, do me! :D
<ProgZMax> I got an idea - I reached in my pocket and pulled out my Galen. <timofonic2> Maybe I'm a bit gay, enough for do multitask and being romantical

Ghost

Quote from: Stee on Sat 16/11/2013 23:52:23
I would love to know if Ghost is still working on Collateral Jelly and if not, he should :)

Actually, yes. It was supposed to be my Halloween surprise for this year! Unfortunately I got sick a lot and did not make it, but, well, pretty sure to make it my New Years Eve surprise.

Only now it won't be a surprise anymore, but hells, just for REMEMBERING the game you deserve a cookie!

Stupot

Since my question was rather rudely shut down in the game's own thread I'll ask here:

Has anyone heard anything about the game Alum?  As it's been three months since they won backing on Kickstarter, and as far as I can see there has been no news.

Frodo

I wish I knew.  :sad:  I was a backer too, but I have no idea what's going on.  Really wish the auther would give an update.  :sad:

Quote from: Stupot+ on Thu 21/11/2013 18:51:41
Since my question was rather rudely shut down in the game's own thread I'll ask here:

Has anyone heard anything about the game Alum?  As it's been three months since they won backing on Kickstarter, and as far as I can see there has been no news.

Eric

I'm curious as to the current state of Asher and Covling.

Khris

Asher was put on "Indefinite hiatus" in October :(

Stupot

Quote from: Khris on Fri 22/11/2013 01:18:45
Asher was put on "Indefinite hiatus" in October :(
That's a crying shame.  It was a gorgeous looking game.

Eric

Anian

Quote from: Ghost on Sun 17/11/2013 09:14:11Actually, yes. It was supposed to be my Halloween surprise for this year! Unfortunately I got sick a lot and did not make it, but, well, pretty sure to make it my New Years Eve surprise.
And where's the naked purple forest lady, lazy bones!? :tongue:
I don't want the world, I just want your half

mkennedy

Any news on "Fallen Legend"?
http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=35118.0
Last update was almost 5 years ago and the website listed is now longer available.

Tramponline

Did anyone of you guys see some update on "THE DEADLY SUNSETS: A SAM PRESTON ADVENTURE"? Really anything!!!?

Maybe Martyn (the author of 'The story of Joijo'), as you seem to have worked on that project?

I'd love to see some news on that one. If it went on hiatus, I'd even walk around a prototype with no interaction whatsoever - I literally don't care!!! :tongue: 

Retro Wolf

@Tramponline: Any idea what font he uses in that game?

Stupot

Damn, that one seems to have passed me by. It looks awesome. I hope it's still being worked on.

Retro Wolf

Quote from: Adeel S. Ahmed on Sat 19/10/2013 12:41:42
Does anyone know what happened to the SPLANET? :)

You trying to embarrass me? (laugh)

The files to that project are long gone. I may still have the vector files of the characters somewhere. No chance of that coming back, it was five years ago.

Adeel

Quote from: Oldschool_Wolf on Fri 17/01/2014 00:01:53
You trying to embarrass me? (laugh)

The files to that project are long gone. I may still have the vector files of the characters somewhere. No chance of that coming back, it was five years ago.

YES, I WERE!!!!11!! :=

Spoiler
Just kidding. ;) I were sincerely asking the question, because I liked the concept of your game. I'm sad to hear that the files are long lost. I were hoping to see them in action someday. :(
[close]

abstauber

Quote from: Crimson Wizard on Fri 18/10/2013 22:56:46
I wish to know what happened to ShattenReyze, and its "guitar hero" minigame :).
(A pity Abstauber's website is usually down)

Oh, sorry that I overlooked this for so long.
The rhythmgame got canceled due to technical difficulties. Unfortunately I wasn't able to calibrate and adjust the sync (and lag) between the screen and game. In other words: if the framerate dropped for whatever reason, the audio files and the graphics where out of sync. And for those rhythmgames you have to 100% accurate or they'll drive you mad ;)
Here's the last version, with a nice pseudo 3d overhaul by cat http://reyze.sonores.de/Rhythmgame_cat_0_3.zip
Unfortunately only "breaking the law" works properly.

As for ShattenReyze, there's tiny bit of movement currently

CaptainD

I'd really love to know if that 3D talkie remake of Zak McKraken is still in production - is there any news on that?

Crimson Wizard

I'd like to know anything about this advertisment from the back cover ending screen in ColourWise:

It sais 2009, did I miss it?

Searching on forums for "Scarab" is tad difficult, because there's forum member with such name.

bicilotti

Quote from: Crimson Wizard on Mon 31/03/2014 18:12:29
I'd like to know anything about this advertisment from the back cover ending screen in ColourWise:

It sais 2009, did I miss it?

Searching on forums for "Scarab" is tad difficult, because there's forum member with such name.

Ah! I worked a bit on that but then, after submitting the plot/script to some friends and receiving lukewarm feedback, I decided to shelve it.
I appreciate you found the apogee-like ad it interesting!

Le Woltaire

Quote from: chaosgodkarl on Sun 06/04/2014 08:29:17
Any news on A Second Face - May Sunlight Be With You?

http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=36504.msg480665#msg480665

Thank you for asking.
I am working on it, but it is a neck breaking project...
The above topic that you mentioned was closed on this forum.
Please moderator reopen it and pm me afterwards, so I can make a post in it...
Thank you!

donkeymilk

Quote from: Frodo on Thu 21/11/2013 19:07:02
I wish I knew.  :sad:  I was a backer too, but I have no idea what's going on.  Really wish the auther would give an update.  :sad:

I just played the Alum demo.
There's a link on the kickstarter page.
There is two demo's floating around .
I think the newest one has a folder called 'compiled' ,which u will see when open the zip file.
I sent a comment ,coz i couldn't download from his medifire link and he sent me a firedrive link for the latest demo.
I think it's looking like it's gonna be a good ags game.

Stupot

Quote from: donkeymilk on Thu 12/06/2014 23:26:36
Quote from: Frodo on Thu 21/11/2013 19:07:02

I just played the Alum demo.
There's a link on the kickstarter page.
There is two demo's floating around .
I think the newest one has a folder called 'compiled' ,which u will see when open the zip file.
I sent a comment ,coz i couldn't download from his medifire link and he sent me a firedrive link for the latest demo.
I think it's looking like it's gonna be a good ags game.

Ahh yeah I've also played the demo since writing that. Very good indeed. Can't wait for it to be completed.

donkeymilk

i died  numerous times before i figured out how to avoid that dam cyborg/robot after leaving the sewers :)

mkennedy

m0ds

They pulled the kickstarter after the 4th or 5th day of making it live and well.... just seemed to give up..? There wasn't really an explanation. As you see in the thread, it just ends..

Gurok

He's still on tumblr, but posts about other people's games. Haven't heard anything about A Pug's Life in a while. I assume it's on hiatus.
[img]http://7d4iqnx.gif;rWRLUuw.gi

Stupot

https://twitter.com/seventeenuncles/status/598055112578363392

Quote@Fireandflames23 sadly not, wasnt very popular so ive put it on (probably perminant) hiatus. Working on a new game instead.

Mods Edit: Forum faux pas! Quote don't just link :P

m0ds

I added the quote.

Spoiler
I remember that summation now. It didn't make any sense to abandon it then and it still doesn't now.
[close]

Gurok

I would like to know if 58 by alphadalekben is still in production. I miss seeing updates.
[img]http://7d4iqnx.gif;rWRLUuw.gi

Tabata

I'd love to get a little update about ShattenReyze

Hopefully it isn't cancelled!? 

arj0n

Quote from: Tabata on Sun 20/08/2017 17:51:40
Me too!
(If I remember correct abstauber did show us a little demo at mittens 2013 show 'n tell)

cat

Quote from: Tabata on Sun 20/08/2017 17:51:40

Hopefully it isn't cancelled!? 
Sadly, I have to say there has not been any progress since 2014 (at least that's what I know), which is also my fault.
I guess everybody got busy with real life at some point...

abstauber

No, it is most certainly not your fault cat. The project was just too ambitious for the spare time we had.

But hey, if people are still remembering this game after all these years, we did at least something right ;)

The game files are still there btw. if anyone dares to continue the game (which is not me at the moment)

fratello Manu

Hi everyone!

a few days ago I bumped into the "Classic edition demake" of Curse of Monkey Island, I found a small playable demo, some threads also announcing some language translations, etc.
then I found out that the programmer dropped the idea and the game  :(

And he wrote that source code and original assets could be found on his blog, along with latest release (95% complete, what a pity!)
But I couldn't find this blog and all the stuff

Coud anyone help me?
I loved the MI series but I couldn't stand the MI3 style... So when I found out this demake, I was very happy to finally play the game in the old style way!

Thanks! Have a nice day
Manu

arj0n

fratello Manu

Quote from: arj0n on Thu 18/11/2021 14:23:32
I think his blog was here (http://cmioe.blogspot.com), but it's gone...

Yes, I meant I couldn't find the blog where I expected... did anyone download all the stuff before it went down?

heltenjon

Quote from: manu_controvento on Thu 18/11/2021 21:25:49

Yes, I meant I couldn't find the blog where I expected... did anyone download all the stuff before it went down?

At http://www.g4g.it/2011/11/21/the-curse-of-monkey-island-classic-edition-demo/ the download zip is nearly 80 Mb, and it looks like it contains both compiled and raw data. But the upload date seems to be 2011, so I'm not sure everything is there.

fratello Manu

Quote from: heltenjon on Thu 18/11/2021 21:45:18

At http://www.g4g.it/2011/11/21/the-curse-of-monkey-island-classic-edition-demo/ the download zip is nearly 80 Mb, and it looks like it contains both compiled and raw data. But the upload date seems to be 2011, so I'm not sure everything is there.

thanks a lot!!!

fratello Manu

Quote from: heltenjon on Thu 18/11/2021 21:45:18

I enjoyed the raw files but they are related to the short demo...
Can anyone find a more complete version too?
Thanks

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk