BRITTENS 05 NEW DETAILS

Started by , Tue 10/05/2005 12:48:22

Previous topic - Next topic

Miez

I've got one of those one person tent thingies. Great for lugging around when you go hiking (I never do) but impossible when you try to shift your butt around in them (I always try). I think it has guy lines but at my age they might even be man lines. ;D

m0ds

I suggest you bring at least the following, Ishmael;

- Sleeping bag
- Hygiene accessories, i.e. toothbrush + paste, flannel, towel, soap, shower gel etc
- Eating implements, plate, knife + fork, tea towel
- At least *A* change of clothes :P
- A CUP of some sort, preferably blue ;)
- Spending money
- In case of RAIN; Spare shoes, waterproof coat
- In case of HEAT; Sun-cream, shades (mine, dave, please :P)
- Phonecard, ET phone home - etc?

Not essential but I and others may love you if you bring;
- Artwork/portfolios etc for your up coming projects
- A demo of your up coming project (I'm sure someone will have a laptop)
- Something to keep you entertained/distracted. I for example, have Yufster, you for example, could bring a GBA.Ã,  :P
- Notepad, pens... People often leave these events wanting to make a game. So best jot down all those crazy ideas!!

ANYONE travelling from within the UK, I would be very greatful if you could bring
a deck-chair or three. We have 22 people to sit, I only have 5 deck-chairs, and
one of those is Matt Goble's :P I have three crappy stool things too. If you can
bring your own, even if its a magical mystical folding chair, that'd be great.

Hope that helps. I can't think of anything else, if you can - say!

Creed Malay

I'll have a three-four man tent,  and a little one man jobbie I could bring too, if that'd be a help. First person to let me know they want it can have it. Dunno about seatage, could be a bit much to drag about. Maybe be able to buy something in Staines.

Who will have cars, for shop runs and things, just out of interest?

Davy
Mobile Meat Machines - Comics of Animals and Education! - http://meatmachines.livejournal.com/

m0ds

So far just me in a car Fri - Mon. I don't know though, Dark Stalkey may drive down?

Pumaman

Quotewe can effectivley stay until Tuesday, which can also be EXTENDED if we decide and they agree to it.

Hmm, I guess that means no Bohemian Rhapsody this year then ;)

QuoteWho will have cars, for shop runs and things, just out of interest?

I will also have my car, but hopefully it shouldn't be necessary. I predict warm weather all round this year! We deserve it after last year's monsoon, anyway ;)

Meowster

I quite like the idea of us all being stranded in a tent in the pouring rain, I love rain and bad weather.

Luckily, since I'm a form of entertainment in myself, I do not need to bring a GBA.

Maybe a few spare pairs of socks though.

In case we need stuff to talk about.

Ishmael

I used to make games but then I took an IRC in the knee.

<Calin> Ishmael looks awesome all the time
\( Ö)/ ¬(Ö ) | Ja minähän en keskellä kirkasta päivää lähden minnekään juoksentelemaan ilman housuja.

m0ds

I could've said GameBoy...

And that would have been both out of date AND sexist! :P

Ishmael

So... As I don't have a GameBoy either, I'm out of entertainment... :P

\( Ö)/ ¬(Ö ) | Ja minähän en keskellä kirkasta päivää lähden minnekään juoksentelemaan ilman housuja.

Dave Gilbert

Creed, I am happy to take advantage of your camping supplies.  The less I have to drag from NYC the better!  I can get my hands on a sleeping bag, but lugging a tent is another matter.  Whatever you have available, I will be mucho thankful for.

Unless I manage to get on a different flight,  I will arrive at 7am on Thursday at Gatwick airport.  Is that too early to head over to the campsite?  Or should I hole up at a London hotel for the day/night?

This is turning into quite the trip!  I'm very much looking forward to it.  It'll be a new experience for me because I'm a city boy who has never gone camping a day in his life.  Many hilarious antics will ensue, I'm sure.

-Dave

Meowster

If anybody has a DS or a PSP I'd love to play them since I haven't done that yet.

If it rains I'm going to teach everybody how to play cheat. Also I am going to bring scrabble and suchlike for bad weather. Also Scrabble is hilarious to play while drunk.

Also there will be a 'Dress Like Duran Duran' event.

And a game that I like to play where we all wear stickers on our heads.

Miez

Quote from: Yutzster on Mon 23/05/2005 20:59:03
And a game that I like to play where we all wear stickers on our heads.

And are you actually going to participate in this game, or just make lots of embarassing pictures? ;D

I will bring a bunch of board/cardgames. For those rainsoaked afternoons ...

Andail

There is a tiny chance I'll show up after all.
I'll be in Spain until the end of June, and depending on how my job is scheduled, I might just stop by England on my way home.

You don't have to account for me though, I can sleep mostly anywhere, and I might not stay for the entire time anyway.
I know you'll be quite a crowd already, but I hope an ol' elite mitteneer is always welcome :)

Shattered Sponge

I would just like to announce that I fully intend to infringe on the privacy of one of those attendees who plans on bringing a multi-person tent, as frankly I am far too cheap to buy one of my own, unless absolutely necessary. So if anyone wouldn't mind giving up a me-sized section of nylon, please feel free to speak up.

Also, I shall be the first to sheepishly confess that a deck-chair just isn't happening.Ã,  Partly because of the way I'll be travelling, but principally due to laziness, I don't want to be lumbered with any piece of luggage which can't be conveniently squeezed into a rucksack.Ã,  Do not fret, however; imposition upon another for this convenience shall not be necessary; my MacGyver-esque levels of ingenuity have caused me to craft a fiendish plan involving folding up my sleeping bag into a make-shift cushion, and sitting cross-legged upon the floor.Ã,  As well as being a more compact solution for posterior support, this method shall also place my head at a convenient crotch-level to everyone else.

And as I'm on a roll, anyone else likely to be heading down to London before ending up in Staines?Ã,  If so, perhaps we could meet up, and become confused and lost together!Ã,  Once again, speak up if this proposition sounds attractive to you.

Matt Goble

Quote from: m0ds on Mon 23/05/2005 18:56:46
I suggest you bring at least the following, Ishmael;

Good List - I need to drop you a PM at some point, and find out what it's worth me bringing, living so close and whatnot.  What time are you planning on getting to the site on Friday?

Quote from: m0ds on Mon 23/05/2005 18:56:46
I only have 5 deck-chairs, and one of those is Matt Goble's :P

The man mocks me...

;D

I'll start keeping an eye out for things to do in Staines (Cinema, Shops etc) and London.  As Chris says, we deserve some good weather considering how many of us squeezed into that big tent last year!

Didn't we have good weather when some of us went up to London - I remember buying Ice Cream in Hyde Park with Pessi, Magintz, Chris, Scummbuddy?

Nametags people, we need Nametags!

Ishmael

Seems like I'll have to copypaste Sponge's plan... Unless there are chairs and whatnot to spare...

Apparently I'd be coming on the 1st (might be the day before, but I lean more towards this day), around 11:30 PM... and I wouldn't like to walk from Stansted... ;)

magintz

Yufster - I'll bring along my DS, although come to think of t, I have no DS gaems atm as I traded them in after completing them for the Final Fantasy for GBA. Oh well.
When I was a little kid we had a sand box. It was a quicksand box. I was an only child... eventually.

jetxl

I'll be bringing my GBA.

Don't forget to bring one of these .

magintz

I wonder if red cup is going to make a suprise appearance :P
When I was a little kid we had a sand box. It was a quicksand box. I was an only child... eventually.

Creed Malay

Oooh, I love the game with the stickers on the heads.

If the Poundlands down south have a similar stock in to what they get up North, they're selling collapsable chair for a quid a shot (obviously). If there's a poundland in staines, that may well be ideal for the chairless.

Like I said before, I'll have a big tent which all are welcome to crash in, and can bring along a small one if anyones shy.

Don't know if I'll be getting the coach down, or just staying in the south for a week after Glastonbury yet. If I get the coach down, I'll be landing in London. Either way, I'll probably be trying to get there a day or so early.

How many people will be staying the week after? I've booked the time off work, but don't want to be stranded in Staines all alone. That would be awful.

Davy
Mobile Meat Machines - Comics of Animals and Education! - http://meatmachines.livejournal.com/

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk