Gemini Rue - Coming Feb 24, 2011 under Wadjet Eye Games!

Started by TheJBurger, Fri 19/09/2008 01:19:00

Previous topic - Next topic

Takyon

I can't wait for this game, I hope there will be voice acting :D?
ghost.

Spummy

Looks good, certainly strong art ability, I'll be keeping an eye out for this one.  :)

Jimbob

Congrats indeed! Nice article on Hardydev as well...

Is now the time to announce a release date?  *nudge**nudge* :P
Current Project: A Hard Day's Knight

Timo.

Nice work at the graphics there,
film-noir style reminds me a bit of the McCarthy Chronicles.

Adding on to J.H., voice-acting would be very good as well, for such film-noir inspired games. Award-winning McCarthy Chronicles (Episode 1) should prove to be a good reference.

Good job though, and the two interweaving narratives sound very interesting.
Looking forward to your creation. ;D
Smile :]

TheJBurger

Thanks, guys!

I don't think the reality of being a student finalist has hit me yet, but the notion of going to GDC sounds nice. :P

ThreeOhFour

MrColossal

Man congratulations, from what I've seen this game deserves it!
"This must be a good time to live in, since Eric bothers to stay here at all"-CJ also: ACHTUNG FRANZ!

Takyon

ghost.

Nathan Allen Pinard

"Adding on to J.H., voice-acting would be very good as well, for such film-noir inspired games. Award-winning McCarthy Chronicles (Episode 1) should prove to be a good reference."

Well, I was pushing to have one voice (which is kind of unorthodox) to be treated more like a sound effect.
But the direction of this game has changed so we'll have to brainstorm about that. Ultimately it's up to JBurger.

TheJBurger

ANNOUNCEMENT:

Hey all. After much deliberation and thinking over the past several months, I have decided to make Boryokudan Rue a commercial release, although a release date has not yet been decided.

I had been contemplating the merits of releasing it free vs. paid for the past several months, and this decision comes only after much discussion with both friends and colleagues. After nearly two years of working on the game and putting in many, many hours of my own time into the project, I decided that it would be best for me to release it commercially. This announcement, although coming after the IGF nomination, was not directly influenced by that decision, although it was a great encouragement.

At this time, a release date and cost has not yet been decided, but I hope that this decision will allow me to improve the quality much more.

I hope you all understand my decision, as I do not wish to ignore an audience that is dedicated to playing and supporting adventure games, free or otherwise.

Thanks for all your support on this project, and I appreciate all your encouragement!

Takyon

Yes! I'm glad it'll be a commercial release I think more people should do this for such big projects it seems to get more notoriety and a more professional feel to the game. Can't wait for a demo ;)
ghost.

voh

Your making it a commercial game won't stop me.

I will have to purchase it.
Still here.

Dualnames

Extra burden now. (Boy do I know how to encourage others). We're now customers!

Seriously, I think it's a bold move. I've always found your graphic style to be mind-blowing and breath-taking. I really hope for a demo at least as soon as possible, but I'm buying it!

Anyway, best of luck, you've taken a big step!
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Stacy Davidson

Am.  Freaking.  Azing.  Congrats on taking it commercial, I think you could have something great on your hands here.

-s

-Stacy Davidson
Jack Houston and the Necronauts
Warbird Games
www.warbirdgames.com

ddq

Quote from: StacyDavidson on Mon 01/02/2010 03:35:31
Am.  Freaking.  Azing. 
I was gonna say Holy. Fucking. Shit. But that works too. Looks incredible!

Kweepa

Great trailer!
The game looks terrific. I think I'll be coughing up the cash when the time comes...

Are you going to self-publish, or maybe sign up with Dave Gilbert?
Still waiting for Purity of the Surf II

markbilly

Very excited about this, now.

I think adventure gaming truely is on the way back!

IndieBoy

Oh my! I don't think I'm worthy working with the same program that is used to create games like this. Very, very excited for this!
Quote from: Calin Elephantsittingonface on Tue 08/02/2011 09:00:55
The only person in favour of the mobs seems to be IndieBoy.. but he's scottish so we dont listen to him anyway.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk