Gemini Rue - Coming Feb 24, 2011 under Wadjet Eye Games!

Started by TheJBurger, Fri 19/09/2008 01:19:00

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr Flibble

This looks like the first commercial AGS game I'll actually be buying.
Ah! There is no emoticon for what I'm feeling!

SarahLiz

(Sadly) I had a dream last night that this game was out & ready to play!  Gahhhh.....

CaptainD

Quote from: SarahLiz on Thu 04/03/2010 17:44:58
(Sadly) I had a dream last night that this game was out & ready to play!  Gahhhh.....

That sounds a bit obsessive and just a little creepy...  ;D

Just goes to show how much people are looking forward to this game though!

TheJBurger

Thanks guys + girls for the kind comments!

CaptainD has posted some *exclusive*(!) screenshots for Boryokudan Rue on IndieGameNews: http://www.indiegamenews.com/2010/03/exclusive-screenshots-from-boryokudan.html

In other news, I'll be leaving to San Francisco and the GDC/IGF this Tuesday. The award ceremony will be Thursday Night at 6:30pm PST and will be streamed live! (Check here for more details: http://www.igf.com/2010/03/2010_independent_games_festiva_4.html)

Wish me luck!

Nikolas

CaptainD

Quote from: TheJBurger on Mon 08/03/2010 00:09:43
CaptainD has posted some *exclusive*(!) screenshots for Boryokudan Rue on IndieGameNews: http://www.indiegamenews.com/2010/03/exclusive-screenshots-from-boryokudan.html

Hey, not so much with the exclamation marks...  I've got to try to make screenshots sound exciting somehow!!  ;D

Nathan Allen Pinard

Well it would seem JBurger won't be bringing home a prize, but honestly there were a LOT of great games this year.

Also..some people just don't get the point-and-click style. Some never did.

TheJBurger

Didn't win! (But the competition was great, so it's all good)

I'm finding out very fast that it's hard to demo a slow-paced, story-driven adventure game to an audience of passer-bys with only two minutes to spare.

Calin Leafshade

Quote from: TheJBurger on Fri 12/03/2010 08:40:25
I'm finding out very fast that it's hard to demo a slow-paced, story-driven adventure game to an audience of passer-bys with only two minutes to spare.

Explosions.

TheJBurger

I'll try that out tomorrow. Two minutes of non-stop combustion.

GarageGothic

Quote from: Calin Leafshade on Fri 12/03/2010 09:10:50

Explosions.

Tits!

Edit: With that being said, I'm sorry to hear you didn't win. My impression from the trailer is that we're in for something quite unique, and certainly a beautifully produced game. I have no idea whether it's any less "innovative" than the other nominees, but as you say, it's much harder to convey the core concepts and game mechanics of an adventure game in a trailer or a brief demo.

tzachs

Quote from: GarageGothic on Fri 12/03/2010 10:41:06
Quote from: Calin Leafshade on Fri 12/03/2010 09:10:50

Explosions.

Tits!

Exploding Tits!

Calin Leafshade

I feel a disturbance in the force...

Darth Mandarb is coming! Hide!

Layabout

Congrats on at least being nominated. You were up against some impressive and innovative products by students and you made the top five. Thing is with these indie types, they do like their 'innovative' gameplay (although innovative sometimes gets in the way of gameplay), and your game, while interesting and pretty, is still at its core an adventure game.
I am Jean-Pierre.

Nathan Allen Pinard

BR was really the only game up there that wasn't a full blown puzzle game. Even though it has obstacles in it, it's slightly different.

Every single other entry seemed to be some kind of puzzle game.

Jimbob

Quote from: Nathan Allen Pinard on Fri 12/03/2010 23:30:33
Every single other entry seemed to be some kind of puzzle game.

Except Igneous surely...

Either way, maybe next time (the grand one? :P), hope the promotion goes well... I can't imagine trying to show off an adventure game to attention-defecit prone passers-by... probably need to have a short puzzle lead to one of your action scenes or something...
Current Project: A Hard Day's Knight

TheJBurger

Nah, most people who came up were adventure-game fans, except the nature of the story and not knowing what to do drove them off after wandering aimlessly.

Eventually, I just used the tutorial for the action-sequences to demo off, and that seemed to work well. People would play for 5-10 minutes instead of just 1 or 2.

Nathan Allen Pinard

We're still working on this! There are a few design changes TheJBurger is making, and I'm currently working on mastering a Boryokudan Rue OST, as well as some other things.

Here's some music cues from BR to tide you over:

The Halls Of Center 7

Weather Tower

* Titles subject to change.

TheJBurger

Hey guys!

This month's issue (May) of Game Developer magazine has a 1 page write up on Boryokudan Rue!

Here is the article: http://img714.imageshack.us/img714/5466/gamedeveloperboryokudan.jpg

Edit - Better version (courtesy of Edmundo): http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/6773/brgamedeveloperarticle.jpg

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk