Most Recent Games
Search Games by Title or Author
(first ten matches are autocompleted; click Go! for more results)
Most Popular This Week
Maniac Mansion Deluxe
All The Way Down
Heroine's Quest: The Herald of Ragnarok
Whispers of a Machine
|1 Cup||Not serious entertainment|
|2 Cups||A reasonable game, worth a try|
|3 Cups||A good game, worth playing|
|4 Cups||A great game, well worth your time|
|5 Cups||An outstanding, must-play game!|
Please understand that the main purpose of the ratings is to help potential game players find high quality, bug-free games to play. You've probably learnt a lot about AGS as a result of making your first game -- so why not use that knowledge to start afresh, and do even better with your next game!
(Click image to zoom)
Click icons below image, or press left and right arrow keys to change images.
Left click image or press up key to zoom in; right click image or press down key to zoom out.
Click 'X' or press ESC to close.
|Short game||Can be completed within 30 minutes|
|Medium length game||Takes at least 30 mins to finish|
|Full length game||As long as a Sierra / LucasArts classic|
|MAGS game||Monthly AGS competition entry|
|Non-adventure game||Using Adventure Game Studio for something else?!|
|Joke game||You know when it fits this category ;)|
|Demo||Unfinished games / commercial games|
|Training game||Games made just to try out AGS|
|Newly added games||Not yet categorised|
About this gameAdventure Island is a light hearted homage to 'point-and-click' adventure games. In the sand of Adventure Island you will find the footprints of games such as Myst, Atlantis, Black Mirror, Syberia, Broken Sword, Monkey Island, The Dig, The Journeyman Project, and many more.
You assist seasoned adventurer, Annie Player, who is called upon to find a team of missing scientists sent to survey a newly discovered island. It quickly becomes apparent to Annie that this is no normal island, but one offering her many challenges. With your help she will navigate the convoluted path to the central mystery of this strange island, and uncover a sinister plot that threatens human existence as we know it!
The game offers a spectrum of puzzles of varying difficulty, set in a variety of exotic locations, and a number of odd characters to interact with. It is largely a third person point-and-click game, with a Dynamic Cursor and active hot spots. There are two sections where you also play in first person mode. The different cursors follow gaming convention, but a full description of each is in the manual included with the game download.
VERSION 3 is now available, with extra save slots.
I have also created a Player Guide to provide help for players struggling with the puzzles in Adventure Island. This can be downloaded from the Adventure Island website.
13 people commented on this game (newest first):
I still have no idea why this game is so underrated...It has everything that any adventure game fan would ever need from a game...
It's probably the 1st time I actually enjoyed mini games in an adventure game.This game has puzzles galore. An amazing amount of hardcore programming went into this one. Thanks for making a great game.
* An exciting environment to explore where you feel that tingling of anticipation on unlocking a new area, wondering what new treats await beyond
* A gutsy and likable player character with lovely voice acting to back up her charm, and whose humour is spot-on, never crossing that fine line into annoying
* PUZZLES PUZZLES PUZZLES!!! I haven't counted but I would guess there are at least 50 wonderful puzzles in this game, or more! AND they all follow a logical structure that is solvable given enough thought
* A very nice homage to dozens if not more adventure games done in a fashion where you can tell the creator of this game really poured a lot of love and effort into making sure each game was represented fully with the mood of the original
* Despite the homage collage (sunglasses) the game also has its own unique story so even those who have never played the other games can fully enjoy this game as an experience complete and unto itself
* The game needs a SOLID commitment of time to complete. It took me about 2-3 weeks of playing a few hours a day to complete the game without cheats/hints. I would estimate there is between 24-72 hours of gameplay in this game depending on how fast you solve puzzles: A truly EPIC game...
Well, there's so much more I could say but that would be getting into spoiler territory.
I guess, to sum it up:
GET IT OR REGRET IT!!
At times frustrating but only because hotspots did not seem to show up where/when they should have all the time.
Puzzles were not too easy, not too hard. Tried to have something for everyone and did a pretty good job. The ending was a bit abrupt - would like to see a bit more reward for all the trouble.
Obviously a lot of work was put into this and is a lot of game for a freebie. Well done. Hope to see more like this!
A must play game - You wont regret the download!
The puzzles are brilliant, compelling and enjoyable but most players will find them challenging and some unsolvable without assistance. Many require a lot of patience.
Overall, the creativity stands out to make this game a highly enjoyable experience and I would recommend it to anyone who wants to play a game that will take weeks to complete.
Well done and my strong compliments to the author.
I thought this would be a nice half-hour game when I first downloaded it. Half hour turned into 2 weeks!
Like Uziel wrote below me, there are some real tricky puzzles in this game. There are so many puzzles actually, I had to get pen and paper for some.
All good adventurers should try this game :)
This is a 10/10 folks. Do yourself a favour and download it.