Gemini Rue - Coming Feb 24, 2011 under Wadjet Eye Games!

Started by TheJBurger, Fri 19/09/2008 01:19:00

Previous topic - Next topic

ThreeOhFour

An easily justified decision considering the game you have made.

Exciting news.

Jimbob

Definitely looking forward to kicking some doors down in this one :P
Current Project: A Hard Day's Knight

RedTalon

Wow! Amazing trailer.  :o

I look forward to buying a copy (or two) when it's ready.

Is there voice acting at all?

Red Talon
www.redtalongames.com
Twitter:
www.twitter.com/redtalongames

Timo.

Receiving news that it is becoming a commercial release really makes me want to cry T.T
Okay, I'm joking here. ;D

Anyway, this just means that I'll have to fork out good money for a good game I have been waiting good time for.
Smile :]

LRH

Commercial Games never upset me. I don't mind paying if the game is good and the price is reasonable. I think Downfall is a good example. 10 dollars and a game that kicks the crap out of games you could find at, say, a Best Buy in the $10 value games section...

This looks amazing, and as long as the price isn't sky-high, count me in.

Bulbapuck

I support your decision, and as long as it costs less than 30 dollars I'll buy two (one as a present for my brother, and one for me of course), otherwise I'll just buy one ;D

Dualnames

As I said on Hardy, but moreover, I just thought this compared to other adventures is just another adventure. But from the trailer it seems that: The other adventures compared to this, are just adventures..this one's a mindblowing thing of some short. Loved the action sequences..man, I'm so thrilled !!
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Chicky

My god, your trailer is fantastic! This looks right up my street! Absolutely perfect animations and a terrific amount of detail, i love the rain splashes.

I'm glad you're going commercial, i will most definitely buy it (feel free to hold me to that!).

Goldfish

I'm still intrigued by the comment on the blog that it was entered by "pretending" to be a student game? Is it not then a student game?

TheJBurger

It's a student game. I just used an awkward word choice, "pretense," to say that I entered it as a student game.

Hope that clarifies it.

SarahLiz

Well...I'll pretty much fork over whatever it costs for a *good* commercial game.  And this game looks, well, (for lack of a more eloquent word...) well, BADASS actually.  Can't wait!  Get it out already!!   ;D  j/k (sorta)

Sarah

Goldfish

Quote from: TheJBurger on Wed 03/02/2010 04:37:12
It's a student game. I just used an awkward word choice, "pretense," to say that I entered it as a student game.

Hope that clarifies it.

It clarifies your behaviour, yes. Thanks.

Spummy

Nooooooooo! Now I have to pay for entertainment created through many hard-working hours? What has the world come to?!

On a serious note. I might get this as the first commercial AGS game I've ever purchased, although it'd be nice if you made a demo when you release it.

Bai Karl

This game is awesome. I'm waiting for it! Good work!

Alcoves

If anyone's curious, I talked to the man himself about the game last week.

Interview here: http://www.diygamer.com/2010/02/future-gaming-boryokudan-rue

Digital Mosaic Games

Great work!
This looks very beautiful.
Doing an adventuregame in crime noir style is a cool idea.

Nathan Allen Pinard

Working pretty extensively on tracks. I finally went through the whole game. Honestly a great game (not biased)

Awesome music and sound though. The best ever! (biased)

Anyway, I"m hoping for a nice selection of music with minimal repeats.

markbilly

I just keep getting more and more excited about this! Very promising to hear it is playable to the end already. The trailer music was fab so this should be all round fantastic! :)

Chicky

Quote from: Nathan Allen Pinard on Thu 18/02/2010 05:48:32
Working pretty extensively on tracks. I finally went through the whole game. Honestly a great game (not biased)

Hot news! Mann, i'm waiting on this. Seriously hyped about this release, it got me playing BASS again.

straydogstrut

Awesome trailer! Really, really looking forward to this and going commercial is completely justified - i'm always keen to support indie projects so i'm grateful i'll have the chance to buy.

AGS has been on my "to learn" list for nearly two years now :-[ since I researched traditional adventure games for coursework. Boryokudan Rue really shows what can be done with the right skill and enthusiasm, and is really inspiring.

Keep up the good work!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk