Most Recent Games
Search Games by Title or Author
(first ten matches are autocompleted; click Go! for more results)
Most Popular This Week
The Last One
Dread Mac Farlane (v2)
Last Flight of the Starship Hindenburg
|Not serious entertainment
|A reasonable game, worth a try
|A good game, worth playing
|A great game, well worth your time
|An outstanding, must-play game!
Please understand that the main purpose of the ratings is to help potential game players find high quality, bug-free games to play. You've probably learnt a lot about AGS as a result of making your first game -- so why not use that knowledge to start afresh, and do even better with your next game!
Ben Jordan: Paranormal Investigator Case 2 Deluxe
(Click image to zoom)
Click 'X' or press ESC to close.
Downloaded: 5,029 times
Graphics: 320x200, 16-bit color
|Can be completed within 30 minutes
|Medium Length Game
|Takes at least 30 mins to finish
|Full Length Game
|As long as a Sierra / LucasArts classic
|Using Adventure Game Studio for something else?!
|You know when it fits this category ;)
|Unfinished Games / Commercial Games
|Games made just to try out AGS
|<Category Not Set>
|Not yet categorised
About this gameMuch like the remake of Case 1, Case 2 gets a better presentation. Updated graphics, full voice acting, and extended story make this an "official" version in the series storyline.
AGS Awards Wins
Won, Best Voice Work 2010
AGS Panel Review
"This remake lives up to the quality Grundislav has been turning out since Ben Jordan Case 4: Better visuals, greatly improved puzzle design and a wonderful musical score that compliments the competent, if sometimes fuzzy, voice acting. The only real drawback is the rather short length of the game, though when you consider it has been extended and improved greatly over the original, Case 2 Deluxe is a gem that fits in the crown of the Ben Jordan series."
7 people commented on this game (newest first):
What I didn't like:
- lacks the more cinematic cutscenes that other BJ games have - especially the opening is really modest
- both Annie as well as her house are boring and unlikable - the complete opposite of all other locations and characters
- the sunken galleon appearing in this kind of setting came off a bit as a joke, and I'm not sure if that was completely intentional.
However, the weakest spots of the game are connected to Bombay Beach:
- the unclear walking paths - you should be given more direction where you can go
- the song-writing puzzle - which requires the player to somehow guess he has to look the second time at every possible object in the neighborhood
Thankfully, the game offers a really solid amount of content, so the good stuff totally overweighs these few less enjoyable bits
So at this moment there are 7 games all to high standard, I eagerly wait to see one more Ben Jordan game ;)